The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Well it is very much the point. Ruud's not looked good this tournament for a reason not of his own making, he's been made a scapegoat, his replacement has suffered from the same problems which stifled Ruud. Hardly Ruud's fault that van Basten is too inexperienced to see this.

And let's be fair, these two coaches he's been dubiously ditched by are a past-it legend with serious question marks over his head and a recent track record of poor decisions, and a former superstar player still very raw in managerial terms and again with big question marks over several decisions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While you could argue that both those descriptions are correct, that was Van Basten's first competitive defeat as Holland manager. But more than that, don't you think it would be a pretty big coincidence for two otherwise completely unconnected managers just decided to make the same player a scapegoat for no reason whatsoever?

1. Hate Alex Ferguson - no chance. time to go, but could never hate ffs

2. Hate Carlos Queiroz - want him gone, so yeah I guess

3. Hate David Gill - Not keen on the hypocritical ****, no

4. Hate the Glazers - Of course

5. Hate Rio Ferdinand - Nah

6. Hate Darren Fletcher - Of course not ffs

7. Hate 90% of their fellow Utd fans - Nah, a fair few though

8. Hate scousers but see no discrepancy between this and 9) - 9) makes me cringe, so no

9. Love Wayne Rooney - Love is a bit strong

10. Love Ruud (despite him being a slapped arse, past-it LIAR who's been looking for a move with years) - Ruud's awesome. Probably time to move on though

11. Once loved but now hate Ronaldo. - Depends

12. Love Paul Scholes - Undoubtedly, legend

13. Love Brian Kidd - Yep

14. Love Ole - Just a bit

15. Love Heinze - Indeed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cappo Smiffy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

honestly, all this sort of **** is why i dont support england in international tournaments </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

siege mentality icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm he's right?

the amount of crap that Beckham had to go through in 98 was an absolute joke, the booing of United players at Wembley because they play for Man U, just because you utterly worship England doesn't mean we have to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't give a toss if you follow England or not, just find you're far far too pro-United to have a balanced view on anything England related? and all this 'abu' stuff, it's embarrassing. Crouch, Hargreaves have both suffered boos, Sven will continue to suffer criticism, yet you lambast Gerrard for rational comments because what, he's a scouser?

I don't think C.Ronaldo should get hunted down and the like, but he's understandably not everyone's favourite at the moment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Heh, I'm obliged to ask if you can think of a more productive way about things. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll have a think haha *i wouldn't hold your breath though*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> United 'close to Carrick deal'

United are close to finalising a deal for Tottenham midfielder Michael Carrick, according to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Speculation in Friday's tabloids claimed that a deal to bring the 25-year-old England international to Old Trafford was set to be announced.

When asked by MUTV about the alleged move, Sir Alex replied: "We're close to that. There have been some agreements on part of it but I think it’s to be finalised over the day or so.â€

The Gaffer also went on to deny rumours of a swoop for Carrick's club and international team-mate Jermain Defoe, and admitted he is less than hopeful about signing Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso.

“Well there has been no interest from us on the Tottenham situation," he said. "We made a move for Carrick and that’s the only thing we did, that was the only player of interest to us at this moment in time.

"I think it will stay that way. I’ve got young Rossi to consider and I want to see him progress as a centre forward. He;s more likely to be staying here now.

"With Gattuso, we were always waiting to see what happened to AC Milan and now they're in the European Cup and still in Serie A, there’s very little chance of progress as he’s such an important player for them.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Dehydration, he's ok though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah good to hear. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think he was the only player at that game to suffer badly in yesterday's heat either.

Pretty sure Tony Pulis was saying another of his players had been hit hard by it on SSN (which I still haven't got used to being on 405 yet).

oh and fao bbb.

whats the name of the building youre living in now? im looking to move to the quays area and were looking at quay 5 which is classed as ordsall and a few minutes from the exchange quay metro, near kfc/harry ramsdens etc. not sure what the areas like but i imagine pretty dodgy as iirc paul massey does all the security round there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

It doesnt matter how poor Park or Fletcher are when you have just found a 1989-90 patch for FM.

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=34204&page=1&pp=50 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You downloaded this yet ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know some people who have, has the class of 92 all in the youth academy icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please wait while the download server is contacted... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get that far, and then nothing. Except that feckin' mosquito ad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to page 4 and use the megaupload link, it works.

Playing it now. Going to have the class of 92 as first teamers all aged 14. Signed a 17 year old Roy Keane too.

Oh and i Sold Robbo to finance a bid for Gazza. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

If I get a Celtic ticket that is. Sold out o nthe site now but I havn't hada regret e-mail. Will check my bank at some point on Tuesday I imagine.

Also the Arsenal game is 4pm on a Sunday? Do I even need to ask the next question? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"I'll get tickets easy, I'll get to sit where I want"

HA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm yeah considering I couldn't apply for those games due to the ticket office being a shambles that isn't my fault. First game I have been able to apply for is Celtic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just kidding dude, I'll keep an eye out though

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

hiddink not coming for a long time lads.

next point of business. the bbb early thing has been overdone, we need a real title that will suffice us until FOOTBALL FORUM (ugh) or the next season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - Hitman required

The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - Peter Kay look-a-likes are ****

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I think it would be stupid to let Pique go. Hes what, 8 years or so younger than Rio? Hes a ready made replacement who should come back to be #4 centre back. To sell someone of his talent would be daft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we let Bardsley go while Neville was injured and ended up, and still are, with no cover for the right back position.

I wouldn't be surprised for Piquet to remain in spain after the season loan which is shambles really since he did very well as a right back as well icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brown?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

anyone bother with fc yesterday? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

take that as a no?

if anyone fancies it - fc play away against salford city at the willows on tuesday night. ko is half seven. icon_smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I think Tugay was just the Blackburn sponsors MOM. If I understand it correctly a number of clubs do similar things where a home sponsor rewards the performance of a home player specifically regardless of the result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know a single club that does otherwise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's actually the second time I've seen/heard it done. Can't actually remember who the other team was, though.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

there's at least 2 more series of shameless on the way.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif I thought it was over forever icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was a problem with the location for a while, but they've moved to a new location in Wythenshawe now. New series in the new year afaik.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Then we talk about end product and i think its agreed he has it in spades now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't go that far just yet.

Ronaldo has been magnificent so far this season, and yeah his end product is much improved on what it was a year ago. But the best thing of all is that I still think there is a lot more to come from him. I'm not trying to be critical, but he still does things in a game where you're thinking "yeah that's a great run and it relieves the pressure on our defence, but he could have done more at the end of it."

Those occassions are less frequent than they used to be, but by the time he's into his mid-20's, and his decision-making will hopefully have improved with experience, he'll be even more effective.

Praise him by all means, but he's not the finished article yet, the thought of what he will be like when he is though, man icon_cool.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CKKJ:

Just found out its the 49th anniversery of the Munich air disaster, I know I baited you lads with it in the Liverpool v Mancs thread this year but I'm honestly hugely apologetic for that. Didn't mean what I said. Anyway RIP the Busby Babes and hope you lads take my apology even if its not wanted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well played, both sides say things that aren't fair I guess. icon14.gif

http://www.si-sv1646.com/showthread.php?t=26657&highlight=tropical+fish

the fish one

babestation thread

http://www.si-sv1646.com/showthread.php?t=35524 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hold on, he's become obsessed with a babestation girl he's been phoning while she's been on tv? icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I hate waiting for ballot results. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye, it really is shat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

I can't believe how low you all have Valencia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They will bottle it up at some points or the other. Be it in the final they won't win it but go on to lose 2-0 or on penalties.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As priority will be given to supporters who have who purchased a ticket and travelled to Lisbon, Copenhagen, Glasgow and Lille in Lens, we would ask these supporters to apply via the loyalty pot option and all other supporters to apply via the standard pot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that f**ks me off a bit. if all the previous aways had been under-subscribed then fair enough, but it seems a bit unfair that people like us who were chubbed for at least two of the games (no idea if mart applied for copenhagen/benfica) are at a disadvantage compared to those who got lucky. turns it into a bit of a closed shop.

not that it massively affects me here because i'm not going to rome (no funds), but if we get through i should be in a position to go to milan or munich and this is going to screw me over really.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Firlâ„¢:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Firlâ„¢:

I still think 02/03 was the best feeling ever, but this is somewhere up there.

16 titles!! MON, WE NEED JUST 3 MORE!!

Think it'll happen in my lifetime. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My dad who's a Liverpool fan always used to say when we first started winning, that we'd never match Liverpools league title successes. Now it's "you won't match our European cup wins"

Always moving the goalposts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, and its rather depressing when you consider the fact that they can add to that tally despite finishing 3rd/4th in the league. Something United couldn't do back in the days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We wanted trebles and as a result we lost 1 of them. We're hopeful of doing a double.

Chelsea, on the other hand wanted 4 trophies and they might well end up with just one miserable Carling cup. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Saha will be valued at quite a bit less than that, but even so that's a high price. While i think Berbatov's great and think he would do well, i think we'd be better suited to someone with much more pace and mobility. Kind of like Saha, but maybe with the added abilities of being able to score one-on-ones, and actually make it onto the pitch for more than half a season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whilst the figures (and probably the whole deal itself) quoted in the paper is likely complete rubbish, Berbs would be ffffb and I disagree with the above

Don't think we really 'need' a pacy striker at all given the way we now play. Ronaldo and Rooney offer a lot of pace and power in their styles drifting in from both wide areas.

The "main" front-man, with a touch, movement, vision, passing and finishing ability as good as Berbatov's, would fit in absolutely perfectly with or without blistering pace imo.

I want it to happen so much but sadly don't think it will :*(

• 2 weeks later...

Missed 2 home games. (wasn't in the country)

Went to 6 away games.

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't a best fan argument. I was pointing out that I got a ticket for pretty much every game I wasn't in work/on holiday for.

Can I have some examples of when I have made Martin cry himself to sleep?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

like I said, it's nelly's persistence that really counts. such a trooper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, what really made me know it was worth it was this icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

yawn </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived