The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this pre-season has clearly been scripted by a scouser. ****.

just looking at the paper review on SSN, every back page bar one (and that features it) leads with Rooney and Ronnie patching things up and Wayne 'begging' Cristiano to stay, although presumably these all went to press before his comments after the game :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crilly:

everyone can take a cyanide pill on the trip. Just incase </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

everyone who goes on that meet up ought to if they believe anything is going to happen, tbh.

That's weird. I was just thinking who we could get instead, and i was thinking of Wright. Is Nigel Martyn still playing this season? If so, he'd be third choice there, so he might be able to come on loan as backup.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Will you fupping sign someone, i'm trying to update PES here. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're clearly signing no-one, you can pretty much skip us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

Capello is no longer in the running until hes fired by Real in about feb... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what about a bit of the hiddink magic at united. hes only managing russia atm tbh. hell quit/fergiell leave soon enough

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

The Celtic team is strong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

our defence is horrible. like third/fourth string.

even our 1st choice defence is dire.

sno/lennon is a really slow midfield icon_eek.gif

bet this game is *****.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

How English do you two want to be.

"I disagree."

"Quite."

"That's a bit of a crock if I do say so myself."

"Hogwash."

"Indeed."

"..."

"Cup of tea?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is probably lowering the tone but did anyone else think of Family Guy when they read this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

what question? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you rather Cardiff get promoted or United win the league? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt see that question. Which was why i didnt answer it.

The answer is simple. United to win the league.

United for me every time ahead of Cardiff.

I only started supporting Cardiff at 15 as it was something to do on a Saturday afternoon with my mates. I've supported United since i was in Primary school. Cardiff are my second team, United my first so of course it would be United every time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Besides, ACou doesn't hate O'Sullivan ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not hating O'Sullivan makes FAR FAR more sense than not hating Silvestre icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Mum was born in Stockport, so when I got into football around 5/6 naturally I went for Manchester.

Pretty much the same as the rest of you guys it seems.

I'll have to ask my mum about all these schools, see if she went to one of them icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Giggs > Smith </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh, I would begin to argue that point but with Gigg's contribution over the past month I don't feel justified to do so.

Although

Smithy to come off the bench against Arsenal and score the winner icon_cool.gif.

• 1 month later...

He'd be at best a squad player, commanding at worst the wages of one of the top earners, with probably a huge signing on fee as well. He'd be a bad signing from the point of view of who else it stopped us getting or forced us to ship out to pay for him.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Heh the Taz abuse so harsh, he's clearly got a point from what I can see.

He's doing well atm but it's too early to call him this perfect player and solution to all our problems like some are painting him out to be.

Truth probably lies somewhere in-between both viewpoints. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said Carrick was perfect.. it just came across that way because I had to counter the stupid criticism thrown at him by Taz.

All this "he'll never be Scholes" b*llocks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not unfair at all, because i havent said hes the best thing since sliced bread i'm wrong.

My points are all valid and you must be able to see that some of them are very valid no matter how good he was yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

the ultras thing amused me purely because a) their banner appeared to be the individual letters of 'toon ultras' printed out off a PC and stuck to the wall (as shown here), and b) because for supposed 'ultras', they just made no noise whatsoever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can assure you, it's a banner. And if you want to see them, you'll have to come to a cup game when there aren't the normal s/t holders there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">United complete Mascherano swoop

Manchester United have sensationally completed the signing of Javier Mascherano from Corinthians on a four-year contract overnight.

The Argentinian world cup midfielder flew to Manchester on Monday for secret talks and a medical before returning to the national team camp in London last night.

Mascherano said: 'I am delighted to have joined United, one of the biggest clubs in the world.'

The signing is a major coup for United after losing out in the chase for England international Owen Hargreaves.

Ferguson and United chief executive David Gill beat off interest from a number of English clubs, including Arsenal and Chelsea.

Mascherano added: 'When I was made aware of United's interest, naturally I was very keen to talk to the club and now having spoken to the manager, the chief executive and other people at the club I am very excited about this move.

'I am eager now to get going and do all I can for United. I look forward to meeting up with my new team-mates next week.'

'I spoke at length with Henize and Veron, players who have had the opportunity play with United and they have nothing but great things to say about the club.

'I am aware of United's magnificent support and I will be doing all I can to bring as much success as possible to the club for the fans to enjoy.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's your "funny" wum going to be this transfer window? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pot. Kettle. Black.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

I think their problems run deeper at the moment, they offered nothing in attack yesterday, and the rumours are Terry will be out for months possibly as they can't get him right. Coupled with the fact that the cups will put an even tighter strain on his painfully thin squad and it could see them drop some points along the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All true I guess, it's certainly an interesting one. Wonder how they'll handle being just 5pts ahead of you now, they'll be looking both ways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About time they had to deal with some pressure - by this time in the last 2 seasons they had the cigars out icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

yep, going to Spurs. Taking BBB along for the ride.

have you got a ticket then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Martin, whatever he says about why he chose you for the ticket, remember Gillian Taylforth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he tried to palm the ticket off on me yesterday. clearly running scared icon_frown.gif

no spoilers pele... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry didn't see any rules

• 2 weeks later...

Off the top of my head, the visitors to the wall

BBB

James07?

Mini James07?

Rcjuk

Rcjuk's girlfriend

Rcjuk's mum

Bagpuss

NickOGS20

NickOGS20 girlfriend

Coldberg

JulesMUFC

Alansmithifb14

Alansmithifb14 uncle

Redblood

Dean1285613 (no idea of the numbers)

Father Senegal

Keyser

Alilaw

Razor Eddie

Mika

Acou2000

Blaine

Matchgoers that haven't been to the wall, in other words SCUM

Young Jimlad

emmyoueffcee

weststandred

Gonch19

Anyone else?

• 2 weeks later...

in case it's missed in the match thread:

gonch and my parents safe and sound back on their coach icon14.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

glad to hear james icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i swear some of you were watching a different game.

vds was a shaky as hell. he fluffed at least four crosses (completely missing one of them, and mis-punching two others). sort it out please edwin.

brown was just rot. one brilliant saving header aside, it was the worst performace i've ever seen from him.

rio played quite well, and mickey and gabby were also fairly solid for the most part.

park was fffffffffffffffffffffffb. the number of times he was sold short by brown yet won or held onto possession against two or three players... hardly wasted possession.

o'shea was ok. didn't notice anything glaring put it that way.

fletch was pretty good for the most part. ok, he won the ball in a ffffb brilliant tackle and then proceeded to give it away in a manner that would have made even richardson cringe near the end, but aside from that he kept us ticking over and played a number of good through balls. just don't get the hate on his performance tonight.

richardson was... richardson.

sahahahahaha was excellent. like park he was often outnumbered and most of the time managed to retain possession and then find a team mate.

ole was a bit anonymous for the most part, but he took his goal superbly. so smug with that finish icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agree in the main, except ole was better than you say and park a lot worse. barely worthy of a qg, let alone a fffffffffffffffffb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah potentially Mikel would have been a brilliant buy, however once his head wandered after those connected to Chelsea got involved, he was never going to be seen in a United shirt. To get £12m was a great result, considering he never played for us.

He has potential, but so many players have had potential, and like you say the situation they are in determines whether they are going to prosper.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

he's more use than Saha and more affordable than anyone else that'll be suggested. and he's not Jermain Defoe, which is always a bonus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He might be a decent price of they go down. If they stay up it might be a different story. Haven't they already turned down a bid of ~£18m?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

PJ & Keyser icon_biggrin.gif

awesome.

Why has Scatter been banned? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you jump on my back for bringing up quotes from the past but not juni's or BBB's? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't try and embarass me every chance you get like Pete does tbh.

and i like laughing at Richard.

Pretty happy with 17th Considering i actually observed the rules and didnt have any Liverpool, City, Chelsea or Arsenal players in my side at all all season icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought the rules only stemmed to city and Liverpool players.

Also, someone not liking the signing of Nani. Showing his dissaproval on Wikipedia. (What a site)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Nani started his career at his local club Real de Massamá on the outskirts of Lisbon before joining Sporting Clube de Portugal youth system. He brokeGlazer is a ****. How much did he borrow from the bank? into Sporting's first team at 18 years of age, scoring 6 goals in his debut season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived