The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you could say the 'push' was violent conduct too? Or have I missed another set of quotes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sven's press conference he said that when he spoke to the Ref, the Ref said it was that Rooney had stood on Carvalho in a certain place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

Is it true RvN move to Real is confirmed for £12M? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RvN to Real is confirmed near as dammit. Fee will probably there or thereabouts.

• 2 weeks later...

ah ******** nick. I've been to many games, especially away from home when he's just looked uninterested. Yes, that might simply cos those around him were simply not up to his god like standards, but it was still deeply annoying. Times when he’s just trotted around the half way line gurning and flinging his arms about. OK he’d normally bundle a goal or two, but his overall contribution would be negligible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

How English do you two want to be.

"I disagree."

"Quite."

"That's a bit of a crock if I do say so myself."

"Hogwash."

"Indeed."

"..."

"Cup of tea?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is probably lowering the tone but did anyone else think of Family Guy when they read this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lowering the tone? icon_biggrin.gif

"I've spontaneously combusted"

"Oh dear"

"It's quite alright, I'd grown tired of living" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the quote I was thinking of! icon_biggrin.gif

Like I said its good to see some heat generated over a contentious issues, I think you're doing it an injustice comparing it to a "petty squabble".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

saha will get 25 at least in all comps this year i reckon.

so... given that we've sold ruud who has topped that mark quite comfortably in all bar one season with us, would that be a suitable return to justify the sale of ruud? that's in purely footballing terms, leaving all other emotion out of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm guessing it will be in europe that we'll miss ruud the most

though we've been crap in europe for ages anyway

• 3 weeks later...

Probably posted, but oh well...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Van der Sar is United No.1

Edwin van der Sar will officially be United's number one goalkeeper next season, after the Reds confirmed the team's squad numbers for the new Premiership season.

Van der Sar, previously No.19, takes the jersey occupied last term by Tim Howard, who will be spending the season on loan with Everton.

Italian teenage striker Giuseppe Rossi is expected to be a much more prominent figure following the departure of Ruud van Nistelrooy, who's No.10 shirt will be vacant this season. Rossi will wear the No.19 shirt.

Other additions or changes include Tomasz Kuszczak (29), David Jones (25) and Michael Carrick, who, of course, wears Roy Keane's old No.16 shirt number.

Premiership 2006/07 Squad Numbers:

1. Van der Sar

2. Neville

3. Evra

4. Heinze

5. Ferdinand

6. Brown

7. Ronaldo

8. Rooney

9. Saha

11. Giggs

13. Park

14. Smith

15. Vidic

16. Carrick

17. Miller

18. Scholes

19. Rossi

20. Solskjaer

22. O'Shea

23. Richardson

24. Fletcher

25. D.Jones

27. Silvestre

29. Kuszczak

33. Eagles

38. Heaton

49. R.Jones </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

btw lads was I right on the silvestre costing us a goalscoring chance thing?

surely he did

thats his "thing" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

4 if you class Wales as a foreign country. Although I did feel like death that day. Actually did Keith go? I don't remember icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheeky ****er

I ate all of NIcks remaining pies

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Fletcher will prove you all wrong mark my words. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He really really really really really really really won't, you know.

Keyser's right, neither are United class tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah fletch has the potential. he ran his socks off in midweek, i was really impressed. just hope it gives him some confidence and he can continue </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone can run their socks off. I'm looking for tangible hints of talent rather than 'trying hard'.

He took his goal far better than I thought he was capable of tbh. But, based on his general play over the last couple of seasons, he is severely defecient in the skills neccessary to be a top class central midfielder - like I said earlier, his passing is erratic, he's not particularly strong, his first touch is as bad as O'Shea's and he lacks any pace.

What sort of things indicate to you that he has potential? I know he had a good performance in the 04 semi against Arsenal, but then average players have good games on occasions. Nothing suggests to me that he can make the grade.

'the Tottenham' icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sir Alex Ferguson is also in the hunt for Tevez's Corinthians and Argentina team-mate Javier Mascherano, a combative midfielder. (The Sun) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SCATTER BABE WE DID IT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

ok so straight choice.

tevez or rossi - if we sign the former and he does well between now and christmas we sell rossi to the geordies. in this hypothetical situation who would you prefer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Rossi, we could sell Tevez to Chelsea for squillions. Could do the same with Rossi back to Italy I suppose but we'd need to keep him for those quota tingys UEFA are introducing in the CL

but we're not signing anyone so it doesn't matter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Stop it with the sh*t conspiracy theories, we didn't get any high profile players because it's apparent we have no ambition and Fergie is a pr*ck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no ambition and our most successful manager of all time is a *****?

ng </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha and if that's the case why are you getting wound up then?

ngngng

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I emailed the TO with details of the tickets/names/member numbers so not ebay icon_smile.gif

Try Red Issue!

Oh and Ant, if I see someone wearing that I'll shout ACOU2000 and see what happens icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif /o\

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh and Taz in singling out Carrick shocker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The radio has singled him out as being awful with his passing. In the absence of Scholes you expect him to step up and control things.

And whats wrong with asking, i was curious as to whether he was just being crap with his passing or unlucky. So far it seems its the usual go with the flow thing rather than stepping up to be counted in a time of need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carrick sits deep. That's his position. You can't just tell him to go and play as an attacking midfielder and expect him to run a game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

You didn't answer my point, even if we assume that the tactics were fine, do you not think it is right to criticise our performance before their goal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, you must have mis-understood me. I don't have Sky so didn't see the performance. Fell free to criticise, I'm only playing devil's advocate icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didnt see the game icon_biggrin.gif

best wind up ever icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "If Barcelona win at Liverpool they will be favourites but they face an almost impossible task to win at Anfield." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if Barca face an "almost impossible task to win at Anfield" then Fergie must be confident about our chances at the weekend icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

it is pretty dismal. even when your heart says there are a few in the current youth/reserve ranks who could/should make the step up, your head says 'yeah, you've said that about loads of players over the last decade or so'

jonah icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So many players i'd hoped could make the grade but didnt.

icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

by the way i fail to see how booing one of our own players can be seen as a good thing, whether he's **** or not (which he clearly is) that is so cityesque its untrue.

booing our own players + fans leaving early (even in a game as amazing as that) = bad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richardson really is that bad though. Even Ferguson must realise it now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you decided on a name yet Nick? A couple of late contenders

As we're banning talk of devisive elements in the new thread

The Manchester United thread 2007/2008 - Champions - A Ruud free zone

Or as our former leader has now departed

The Manchester United thread 2007/2008 - Champions - A tribute to the late James07?

Archived