The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Can't really see two United-class wingers able to come in this summer. May well be time to give Martin (not BBB) a chance to break into the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the alternative's Fletcher out wide, BBB can have a shot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

Cheers.

That's what I always thought- he was a bit of a scapegoat; although I assumed there must be some evidence of his influence, seeing as he's seemingly disliked by so many? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you want to find evidence to support your anti anything views then chances are you will do. more often than not theres another explanation that would make more sense that simply gets overlooked in pursuit of a bit of good old hatred.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

In fact I'd be <STRIKE>mildly</STRIKE> surprised if we signed an outfield player <STRIKE>over 26</STRIKE> this summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

That's one of the worst shirts I have ever seen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

blimey, Mart HAS let himself go icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Carrick > Pennant </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carrick>>>Bagpuss>>>Pennant tbh

FMSm would vouch for how ***** i am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

icon15.gif

Nice long term replacement </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that's what happens when you blow £13m of your limited budget on a 'less necessary' type of midfielder*.

* This is a condensed version of what mark will basically post in about 4 minutes time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And if the players we want either (A) aren't available, (B) don't want to join us or © we can't afford them, would you rather we stand still and not improve the squad in some way?

While we have paid a lot of money for Carrick and he's not exactly what we need as far as giving bite to our midfield goes in the longer term, his playmaking abilities are likely to become invaluable (assuming further development of course) in the next 12-18 months.

yeah loan deals are never really free are they? i mean, why would west brom just let their keeped go sit on the bench at man utd and not get anything out of it (other than a possible drop in transfer fee due to him not playing). the only way west brom would allow that to happen is through getting some form of payment out of it. in this case, 2 half decent players who were never going to make it at man utd.

everybody's happy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

And to cheer us all up here is a solskjaer compilation i found on you tube. Nothing special but wait untill it reaches 1 min 58 secs.

"Solskjaer Video"

Ole chopping down Rob Lee and seeing red. What a great moment.

Always remember it, 97/98 iirc and we were drawing 1-1. Ole had only come on as sub as well and the way he makes up ground and then takes him out to keep things level with only a few minutes to go. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif Beckham congratulating him icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Bardsley relishing Gers chance

Phil Bardsley believes his loan move to Rangers will provide him with the perfect platform on which to further his career.

The 21-year-old completed his temporary switch to Ibrox on Wednesday afternoon and could make his Rangers bow as soon as this Saturday against Hearts.

Bardsley, who will spend the first half of the season with Gers, is relishing the challenge ahead and the chance to gain further first team experience.

"Sir Alex Ferguson is a mad Rangers man, a mad Scotsman, so he was pushing me to join Rangers," the Salford-born right-back told Rangers World.

"But I did not need too much pushing, to be honest, because it is a massive club and they have a great chance this season.

"I would rather play against Hearts, but I will have to train and see what the manager says. If I am picked for the team, I am sure the Rangers fans will not be disappointed."

Bardsley will link up with fellow Reds' youngster Lee Martin at Ibrox after Martin headed north last week.

"I spoke to Lee on the phone on Wednesday night and he has got a big smile on his face," added Bardsley. "It is always nice to know someone at a club. He is in the same boat as me - he is here to impress and further his career." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How’s this for a bizarre story.

One of my workmates went to the game this weekend. He’s a Liverpool fan who was in the Fulham end. He’d mentioned it early last week, but because I wasn’t planning on going I forgot all about it and didn’t get in contact with him on the morning of the match.

Having a conversation this morning about it and he said he’d had a great day ‘apart from the bloke in the ‘we 8 scousers’ shirt.

I’m absolutely certain, given his description of where the person was - it was Martin standing at the wall icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Erm, why are you playing Silvestre and O'Shea as full backs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that how we're lining up? :/

I assumed Wes - Rio - O'Shea - Silv

with the latter 2 perhaps swapping </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sky had O'Shea at right back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

his best position tbf. the only change i'd have made to the one listed is evra for micky clownshoes.

• 2 weeks later...

My first game at Old Trafford , well it was a cold damp october evening my dad (season ticket holder back then) said he had a spare ticket for the home game against Wimbledon and wondered if a young, budding red would like to go. Of course I jumped at the chance and we headed to OT, I'll never forget the feeling of all my hairs standing on end when I walked up the concourse and got my first sight of the Old Trafford turf. We ended up winning 3-0 goals coming from Giggs, Choccy and the last goal came from a mazzy Giggs dribble and he then swung in a deep cross the entire crowd held their breath whilst the ball was in the air only to erupt as Eric Cantona planted a bullet header past the diving Neil Sullivan icon_cool.gif .

Actually think I still have the programme from that match.

Neville's comments after the game icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. As I said yesterday, seems ot have been on a campaign for years now to become my favourite non-Arsenal player.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

That bit early in the second half where he made the saving tackle, kept the ball in and fed it to Evra was ffffffffbbbbbb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just shown that, it was indeed classy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that was top top defending.

Rio ifffb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Has anyone else got seriously crazy snow atm btw?

Got snowflakes about an inch across here & the road is now blanketed in half an inch of snow easily.

Cannot see more than about 15-20 feet in front of you it's that heavy.

It's like a blizzard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not here, but you know that after persiods where the El-Nino effect comes quite strong (like recently), its normally followed by a really cold snap. Perhaps this is it, cause it was absolutely Baltic here last night.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

*well, ok, it'll probably be Wes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We all know it'll be Silvestre though. icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Would rather wrap the title up at Citeh and use the Chelsea game for nose-rubbing-in, but each to their own I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can't wrap up the title at city. we play first, and Chelsea have to drop points for three there to be enough.

winning the points to clinch the title > winning it while someone else drops points

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

ps i was up at half 10 today icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet that was only so you had time to watch all your cup finals icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, yes, maybe so. also because i need to gradually acclimatise to the shockingly early start tomorrow.

I would LOVE to invite Patrice to a shindig. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Patricia?

Smudger a good Striker to have as back up when we need experience and a bit of grit. Rossi Will be the bit of flair as a backup.

Therefore, sell Saha to get a decent Striker in.

Silvestre, Richardson & Heinze then sold to ensure we are able to cover the sales. We're not going to break even on sales this time around, but maybe that's a good thing.

Archived