The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skybluedave:

The Standard says you are after Vieira. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where's the noose.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r_wagner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r_wagner:

This whole ***** business with us making no signings does make you wonder. If all it takes for a successful football club (or any sport for that matter) to be destroyed is a lunatic millionare to borrow hundreds of millions of pounds so he/she can then land that debt on the club itself then any club is open to this. I do get the feeling that there won't be any signings this year because we simply cannot afford it.

We have gone from the richest and best run football club in the world to a club with astronomical debts in the matter of a couple of years. And the ironic thing is that it's not as if we've spent without regard on players, the debt just sort of 'magically' appeared.

I worry that the ageing and depleted squad we have will not be able to maintain the form necessary to keep the expected revenue coming in and that the club will suffer as a consequence ala Leeds. So... Nationwide One here we come in a couple of years.

I do hope I am wrong about all this, and that this bl**dy press conference will begin soon to announce our 15 new signings icon_biggrin.gif but that's not very realistic. Realistically, ManU's premiership years are soon to be over.

jpshakehead.sml.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

someone really needs to get this deleted before Mika reads it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on, he's clearly a Mika alias... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is Mika?

I'm just a realistic supporter of a club that used to be the best... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart from the debt "magically" appearing maybe? I think we all saw that one coming.

I don;t think its too much a case of not being able to afford signings as much as its a case of some players don't want to coem to a club where you know the manager is probably only going to be there for another season.

i just dont think you can win it with kids anymore ! not with Roman around.

and i also dont think you give youth much of a chance anymore,

spector agood young lad, played 2 prem games in the space of 48 hours i think(?) was excellent and no where to be seen after, yeea yeaa i know he went to chartlon but it didn't seem to do him much good did it?

and i can't help but think that somewhere like Arsenal, somebody like piqu would of been braking into the first team but he has no chance of doing that at Manchester united not with so many defenders at the club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Go-Go: Wes/Rio > Vidic/Rio. hth. (from what we have seen so far anyway).

Wesley ifbbb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cannavaro/Rio > Wes/Rio > Vidic/Rio...dreams are free!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

My boss met Duff's agent earlier in the week at a corporate do. He said at the time United were in for Duff too. I can only imagine Chelsea told us to feck off icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope to god this is true, rather than Fergie not being in for him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

VERY happy with the duff news. would love him at united but just not the right time at the minute with the utter abortion that is the centre of midfield.

cant wait to hear what comedy fee the geordies have paid this time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the price is £5m, it's a comedy fee in completely the opposite direction to what we would have expected icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I need to snap out of this, it is actually getting me down.

MUFC - ONE LOVE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See what YOU'RE feeling now ?

26 years, Mart.!!!

And I lived every one of 'em as a United fan.

Not forgetting the drop to Div. 2, courtesy of Denis Law, of ALL people. icon_frown.gif

Remember, it could be worse, mate.

Stop whining, please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feck !

The shame. icon_redface.gif

yeah i know mate i feel dirty honestly. theres few players in football i dislike more than richardson but i get a feeling he will a) play a fair bit this season and b) not actually be sh*t when doing so.

miller was quite good then, ive never had a big problem with him as hes been shipped out after being guff which i quite like to see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i haven't been to OT since 96, and carol and i are talking about going to visit her family (in the north of scotland) this time next year. i'd absolutely love to go to a game with you lot while i'm there... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds good to me fella, give me a shout closer to the time and I'll see what I can do ticket wise.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I still don't see that it's stupid at all but anyway, would you have been happier had we signed him permanently? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that's the thing. We could either sign him permanently for more than half of the proposed Senna fee, in the knowledge that Foster's coming back next summer anyway and he could be surplus to requirements, or we could get him for a season at the expense of two guys who weren't going to make it and then decide at the end of next season if he's needed any longer.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

Here it is the employer who decides what happens and not the employee," the former German international striker added. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What bollix ! icon_biggrin.gif

Nobody ever walk out of a job in Germany ?

Can Hargreaves not just buy out of the contract ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He's said he's not currently interested in a move to Europe so how are we supposed to sign him if he doesnt want to leave Brazil? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the same way brazil deal with their transfers: kidnap his mum until he joins!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Yeah if Hargreaves is a no go i wouldnt mind Reo-Coker for the right price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's going to be Hargreaves or nobody. United will certainly not be able to agree on a fee for someone else in the remaining time.

Cue Fergie: "I am very happy with the current squad and the start we have made this season"

SERIOUSLY what was Fergie thinking

does he actually want us to ever have a chance at the Premiership again?

reckon a couple of years back some Chelsea spies infiltrated and replaced our SAF with an evil clone to bring us down from the inside. it's the only thing that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only when they're winning icon_wink.gif

SO unfair to blame CQ, who employs him?

Good to see no-one is getting too carried away - you'll still win the group, but I think your lack of a strong midfield/reserve striker's is why Chelsea will probably begin to edge out a lead in the league. If you keep everyone fit could be a fun race though.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

ANyone want a spare for the Benfica game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Talking of spares, what are the chances of some of you good fellas getting me a ticket if I decide to go and see United in the league some time early next year?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

his tache-growing skills are undeniably superior also </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's face it, Ryan could grow a better 'tache than Gary Nev.

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with what James has said, the ticket office has been a joke for about 2 years now. Someone who has applied to the majority of away games should get a ticket before someone who is a season ticket holder and not applied for any away games, utter farce.

I don't always apply for away games, thats why I apply and hope for the best or get them off a 'contact'.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

I'd rather sign Ribery than no midfielder at all. He may not be top choice, but he could certainly assist us.

Besides, Giggs can play CM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not made the switch to FM yet ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

He's using Nick's db iirc

and so on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lies. that 18 is actually a 20

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emersonlfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emersonlfc:

Hopefully Vds and Rio play like that on Saturday icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

VDS was class. wp moron </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hardly "class" compared to his usual performances. Must be a Noob to think otherwise, tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please tell me you didn't just write noob icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud > anyone, ever

mixed feelings about our game. game was there to be won, replay is a bit of a pain in the arse logistically and, on a personal level, financially, but the first half saw easily our best performance since spurs away, some of the football was fantastic and there were several standout performances. and ofc the other major upside is getting scholesy back for blackburn. koosh made two cracking saves but he's a bit of a nightmare aerially and cost us a goal at a really crucial moment. very much in the t-ho mould really, when we could do with a vdg-type as backup. gabi had his best game of the season by far i thought, did well going forward and there were some excellent blocks at the back. ronnie was ace, jos was ace for 45 minutes, seemed to get carried away though and forgot to keep things simple and remember his limitations. giggsy was useful, and henke was fffffffb. more positives than negatives all in all.

motm: gabi heinze

2nd: henrik larsson

gutted henrik's leaving, been desperately hoping something would happen to change his mind. been a privilege to have him here, he's made a great contribution which i think many have underestimated because he's not scored a stack of goals. he better f**king give me an autograph on tuesday though icon_mad.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bus and tram. got the train on monday, there's one direct train from salford crescent to navi road which gets in at 8.44 and as i found out, it takes longer than 16 minutes to walk from the station to the training centre /O\ no return journey possible with that as well so it's not really an option anyway.

so got the bus into town and then the met today. if the job paid more and was something i was genuinely interested in (rather than something that looks ok but isn't really what i wanted to do, and pays relative peanuts) i'd put up with the hassle definitely. few other things have p*ssed me off as well though - salary isn't as much as i was told it would be, i was misled by the recruitment guy about weekend working (when it's compulsory/optional etc) and there's no pay review until november '08. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

will be worse when the trams go off as well. well worth looking around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Air Force Ones:

I was thinking in Euros, 17mill is about 30 Euros so that seems a fair price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, you're still so very very wrong

Archived