The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

Gerrard <3

He's wining me over. TBF though, everyone in the world knows Ronaldo is a slimey little c**t who deserves to have a brick slammed into his face. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

funny how gerrard's all talk when he missed pretty much the key penalty in the shootout. if hes looking for people to blame maybe he should look at himself, or his other scouse pal carragher? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Penalty taking is a lottery. The game is won and lost in the 90 / 120.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Torres is coming, at least eventually.

Enhance your calm fellas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure he's not now. But you being so sure means either you're going to look silly, or he actually is coming and I'm going to look silly but won't care. Hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

Wasn't he kicked in the head twice in the same friendly match or something? I'm sure there's something in Fergie's autobiography about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. Guy who kicked him in the head broke his ankle doing so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the one. Poor bloke. His wife/girlfriend pleaded with Fergie to ask him to quit football iirc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I think Tugay was just the Blackburn sponsors MOM. If I understand it correctly a number of clubs do similar things where a home sponsor rewards the performance of a home player specifically regardless of the result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know a single club that does otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

imagine the build up to liverpool - united in the champions league.

the build up to liverpool chelsea was INSANE, but this would be ten times that.

and god knows how much trouble there'd be if they got to the final. there'd probably be 90,000 supporters there (50,000 liverpool obv). if that happened they should just cancel the final, absolute chaos.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Nick - what did Bennett do wrong? The only thing I could see wrong with him was booking Ronnie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

generally incompetent, still convinced he's missed a clear foul from behind on Scholes in the build-up to RVP's goal, and aside from that, he books Giggs and Evra for very little while letting Arsenal players off with numerous shirt-tugs. Completely fell for Eboue's early theatrics as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd probably buy that. Henry could have been booked, he booked Toure for two fouls, but then not doing the same to Henry after he fouled Nev and then Heinze or Paddy on the far side shortly afterwards.

Not 100% sure on the Scholes foul in the buildup to their first, at first I thought the same as you, but after a second look thought it might have been as likely as a foul on Scholes as an obstruction by Scholes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

tbh the only times ive tried to be positive this season we have lost, like yesterday. so its back to stone cold pessimism for me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Not this one again

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tottenham aren't the only club whose efforts at bettering themselves are being undermined by Arsenal this week. According to the Sun, the Gunners are also trying to wreck Manchester United's bid for Deportivo La Coruna "ace" Aldo Duscher: "Guns Dusch Rush," roars the headline, rendering further explanation as unnecessary as a bra on a bull.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart texting Nick telling him that we had signed Duscher in the summer was > *

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

best left back in the country

... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

would be incredibly hard to argue against him getting the left-back slot in the Prem team of the season unless his form really falls away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont be silly.

Warnock, Riise, Lauren, Bale, Bridge, Cole, Gallas, Gardner, Konchesky and Powell all better left backs than Evra </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you forgot Gerrard icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Traore, surely?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

What was that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

20 goals in all competitions this year.

Richardson icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Small mercey that Silvestre's only on the bench. No Scholes or Giggs though. icon_frown.gif

As for the squad; I think Silvestre, Richardson and Smith are definitely candidates to be sold. Evans is pressing and pressing and I think he'll take Silvestre's place. Richardson to be replaced by a quality winger who has the potential to replace Giggs in the long-term. Rossi to finally get a shot in place of Smith.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Viana added: “Everyone knows if teams like Barca and Madrid want a player, they end up signing him.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

like Henry you mean?

Muppet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lpx88:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by titchuk:

Thought he might have given Cathcart 5 minutes.

Is he any good? Never seen him play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doubt anyone has seen him play yet..he was drafted in from the reserves/Youth team icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And nobody ever watches them, do they ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hes the reserve team captain and at least me and Nick have seen him play.

I like him. Looked good at reserve level since making his debut at 16.

Wouldnt bother me to give him his debut on Tuesday rather than play a non defender in defence.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

hah immediately refusing to do what I suggested. wp sire. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

?

• 4 weeks later...

in third, deja vu time. Selling Ruud again. same number of votes as well. ooooooooooooh.

runner-up is arguably one of the best decisions in Fergie's career - going to dinner with Ronaldo in Portugal. and persuading him to stay ofc. the actual dinner aspect fairly irrelevant really. hope it was nice though.

and the thoroughly deserving winner, signing Henrik Larsson on loan. kept us ticking over at a time when balsa-man was becoming at one with the treatment table and was a class act throughout his brief spell with us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

you must scrub up well, cos the hungover tracksuited Jonny we get to see is far from sexy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When have I ever turned up to the wall in a tracksuit? icon_biggrin.gif

Archived