The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Heh, people slag off Fergie for buying managers on the back of a good World Cup and now everyone is wishing for him to do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

managers?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<STRIKE>England </STRIKE>good players have been back for nearly a week, why the feck haven't we signed <STRIKE>Carrick </STRIKE>anyone yet icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and so it begins

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "We did not get off to the best of starts last season and it cost us," Giggs told MUTV before he and United's squad set off for their pre-season tour of South Africa.

"We must start well this season because we cannot be playing catch up to the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool again." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Like I said its good to see some heat generated over a contentious issues, I think you're doing it an injustice comparing it to a "petty squabble". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's nothing to do with contention. It's that we're suffering the internet equivalent of cabin fever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Bends:

Thoughts.

OLE \o/ \o/

Giggs was great.

Fletcher was poor, suprised how many people are saying he was good and I'm usually a fan. His goal was superb though.

CRonaldo was excellent

Saha was poor but came up with a great finish so I'll take that.

Rio was excellent at the back, as was VdS.

Evre and Sil both looked dodgy

Brown is good at the back, terrible going forward. Back to CB ASAP

Carrick really settled the team down when he came on, looking good so far.

O'Shea is no longer terrible as a holding player but lets face it we should be doing a lot better.

Park consistently gets in good postions through his movement and workrate. However I doubt he has the class to be anything other than a good bench player.

OLE \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jpshakehead.sml.gifjpshakehead.sml.gifjpshakehead.sml.gifjpshakehead.sml.gifjpshakehead.sml.gifjpshakehead.sml.gifjpshakehead.sml.gifjpshakehead.sml.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

James mate, divorce her, come live with me and Nick icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Putting business my way, nice one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

well we might not be signing anyone but i think everyone would have exchanged that for carter being banned. great day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hargreaves is coming, just wait...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

lying twats tbh.

Chubbed for Sheff Utd \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Harsh, should be interesting as I think leeds are at home on the same day iirc. did you get Bolton and/or Blackburn?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

that said, can see this being a horrifically frustrating second half :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A typical away game then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

How dare he answer questions put to him, such a disgrace.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He could have said "i've already spoken about that several times in the past. I'm on record as how i felt, i'd like to draw a line under it."

Then, maybe he wouldnt keep getting asked the same question.

As it is, interviewers know it's something that'll provoke a reaction from him and will get them some nice soundbites and headlines that will help make them more money from their interview. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why should he?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

who can we play instead of rio in mika's lineup for tuesday please?

richo at left back, heinze in the middle? frak it, why not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O'shea - Brown - Silvestre - Heinze

Park - Fletcher - Carrick - Richardson

Smith - Saha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

o'pie and richo? look we don't care about the game, but let's not just hand it to em eh? icon_biggrin.gif

an indictment on the quality of today's game - the best player for each team was welsh. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Was thinking that but at Right back O'shea, just about begins to look like he could actually play football. Richardson on the other hand ...........

Nick, don't suppose you have any idea what kind of team united will be sending to the Hong Kong 7s tournament at the end of may? Players like Rossi, Jones, Pique and Spector have played here in recent seasons IIRC, and I'd love to know more about the players I'm going to be facing icon_smile.gif

Being excited about the result is great, we all were earlier. Getting carried away and lording it around like we're champions already, no. Not saying that anyone is in particular here (apart from Scatter but he's allowed for being a Fletch-lover), anyway really, but we have won nothing yet, celebrations or thoughts of anything beyond our 3pts today are now well out of the way.

In fact now the hysteria has worn off, my mind is already switching to Wednesday actually.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">silvestre was pretty ****ing good too, actually resembled a defender. Keita was meant to be their big threat and he effectively did not alot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? Silvestre was poo. Theres no point defending and winning the bvall if you give it away again 5 seconds later

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

keef what is the status on us and rome?

also when are we applying for rome tickets i presume they are going on your card. does martin need my numbers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well debt boy said he'd be home at 7:30 so who knows when its up for discussion

ah here he is

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Shreeves got torn apart by Fergie icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ALEX FERGUSON launched a foul-mouthed attack on a TV reporter in a bust-up over Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manchester United’s boss called Sky’s Geoff Shreeves a ‘f*****g bastard’ and told him to ‘f**k off’.

Ferguson was furious with Shreeves for questioning his Portuguese wing wizard about allegedly cheating for his controversial penalty winner against Middlesbrough in Monday’s FA Cup clash.

The fiery Scot’s off-camera rant was so loud a BBC interview with Boro chief Gareth Southgate had to be abandoned.

Shreeves grilled Ronaldo about his latest ‘cheat’ storm in the tunnel after the quarter-final replay.

Beeb reporter Ivan Gaskell then tried to record Southgate’s verdict on the defeat for Match of the Day, only to have his work wind up on the cutting-room floor thanks to Ferguson.

Here is the full transcript of the blast at Shreeves from Fergie’s renowned ‘Hairdryer’.

SHREEVES: “I asked him . . . â€

FERGUSON: “F*****g (inaudible) bastard.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that.â€

F: “F**k off to you.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that. Don’t even think about it.â€

F: “Don’t you think about it, you ****. F**k off. Right?â€

S: “Listen, are you going to do the interview in a professional manner or not? Do you want to do it or not?â€

F: “You f*****g be professional. You be professional. You’re the one.â€

S: “I’m entitled to ask . . . . Cristiano gave the right answer.â€

F: “F*****g hell with your answers.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that. Go away. If you want to behave civilly, fine. Don’t talk to me like that.â€

F: “F**k off.†(door slams).

Gaskell to Southgate: “I’m going to have to ask that question again, if that’s all right.â€

Ferguson later announced he was ‘disgusted’ at Shreeves’ ‘disgraceful’ TV interview with Ronaldo.

He said of Monday’s spot-kick and Boro’s anger: “It was a clear penalty. It’s a shame. They are putting a stigma against the boy that he doesn’t deserve.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's the source of this article? I.e. gimme the god damn link icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its from the Sun, its on Rednews

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude0007:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Got todays game live. \o/

Come on boys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fox Sports in Australia.

not sure how it compares to the Porto match tbh, but it's up there. It's really hard to judge how good it was, I think we could've scored a few more towards the end, but we (understandably) were taking it easy.

I've seen us dominate premier league games by even greater margins, but usually the goalie saves a couple and we only score 4 or 5.

We were just very efficient today, esp in the first half, barely a misplaced pass, never let Roma keep the ball, no showboating or fancy stuff that you might get from other big European sides, we just did what needed to be done and did it perfectly. That's how you play football.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

and i bet i have WSR's dad on video - remember taking one of all these lads in a police van singing united songs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they were ffffffffb icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> stuck him at the end rather than in alphabetical order, easier to see who's been added. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps have the alphabetical list, then small section for each new entrant?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">'the glazers are great, but I'm going to run away to avoid specific questions' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Harsh icon_frown.gif

I thought I answered all your questions.

Anyway you know I'm just bitter because you have won the premiership, and we got in debt and are in League One icon_frown.gif

I'll stop it if its really annoying you icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

remarkably, Ryan Giggs picks up third even with his arch-critic too busy playing with dwarves and goblins to bother voting. hopefully Giggo will put this behind him next season with an increasingly cameo-esque role.

second place goes to the man single-handedly responsible for keeping the physio table industry thriving. from the sublime to the ridiculous this season, it's Louis Saha

and it's with the heaviest of hearts i have to announce the winner. awesome in 04/05, missing through injury last year and no real pre-season to speak of, it was always going to be a struggle for Gabriel Heinze not to fall below his own high standards. still clearly awesome though, ARGENTINA etc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As it's a long term signing they probably think it's worth the risk, as he'll probably qualify by right next year anyway, so they could loan him out for a season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, that's what i was gonna say. he's probably only going to be a bit-part player for us next season anyway so the worst case scenario of us getting turned down for the permit and him having to spend another season at Porto or another european club getting regular first-team football isn't exactly a nightmare. it's far from another Celio Silva case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Célio Silva, the central defender?

Archived