The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

How old is he btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruud? 30. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£10m for a 30 year old with a dodgy knee not bad business then really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Any fans of nostalgia, Eric's about to twat a Palace fan on Sky Three. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Football years? Does that mean that in about 20 minutes we're going to spectacularly fail to beat Ludo Miklosko?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">jbwabsr, ablrwtmouj (atdo) mwtihmhgb,binss? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesper Blomquist was a bit sh*t really, a bit like ronaldo without the moments of utter genius (and the diving obviously) maybe without the injuries he might have got better, but I’m not so sure?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

How rubbish.

Was really tempted to get one of those 1 year season tickets this year to see how many games I could get to, but had to stick with a normal membership icon13.gif so just applying for tickets for every game!

Problem is, getting to midweek and Sunday games is going to be nigh on impossible - I'll be able to flog them on here though won't I?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. Call me, mate. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

I thought we'd established that O7?'s anti-Ruud rants were just sub-Daaaave attempts at sh*t stirring? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I may post some things in an overly dramatic fashion simply to excite Mika, but the core of what I'm saying is a genuinely held opinion.

PS Park is sh*t

• 3 weeks later...

hello dudes im back from london, what have i missed on here?

saturday so dreadful i dont quite feel able to talk about it except to say

motm:

1, Van der Sar

2, Vidic

and that i watched the game in the most unexpectedly welcome united shrine in some upstairs part of a pub in north london. was awesome, they even had a programme from the 1958 cup final against bolton, just sitting on a table by the bar. so tempted to take it, must be worth loads icon_biggrin.gif

oh yeh and a handwritten letter to a journalist from george best's dad written in 1951 i think. incredible.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not blamed anyone for the goal today, ball-to-hand on Paddy I thought, Edwin could maybe have done better but it'd be harsh to blame him for that. I've given bookings to O'Shea and Ferdinand, can't remember any others, please correct me if I've forgotten. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bookings are right. The only person i felt that could be in any way blamed for the goal today was, bizarrely, Scholes. I felt he shouldn't have jumped when charging down the free kick as it went under him, but it would be ridiculously harsh to call him at fault for the goal.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

fergie saying in an interview that d jones and richardson are going to spend some time in the reserves icon_biggrin.gif

he seemed ****ed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Hold up. Martin is using MY money to buy premium beer on a day that I'm not going to be at the wall? icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

indeed

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Going out of Europe would be the best thing that could happen for us on the domestic front. But seeing as even if we lose we will go into the UEFA cup we should go for the win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah agree completely, are biggest downfall in trying to win the league would be having to concentrate on the champions league at all, we just do not have the swuad to fight for more than one trophy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

i reckon man united are going to win the champions league this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arsenal and Liverpool already used up the English quota of 'fluky progressions through to the CL final' for this decade I'm afraid.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

Ji Sung is utterly useless. He's worse than Richardson. At least Richardson hardly ever starts.

ps Fletcher please **** off and allow Carrick to score. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What nonsense. Did you see last weeks game?

• 2 weeks later...

Even I don't think he should be sold icon_biggrin.gif

Something needs to happen though, he's having a mare this season.

First he hasn't played enough and he's not fit, now he needs a rest, without producing his best in the middle of it, despite his workrate it has to be a concern.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

He is ginger tbf, not many people would want to talk to him normally regardless of skill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fo icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

is that Jenas in the car? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

looks like it, but there appears to be a bomb missing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

These clowns don't deserve it.

I'll post a saha autograph instead WOW all 12 goals \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the fact that people don't rate Ruud as highly as you do, or are annoyed at him for being a lying, decietful gobsh*te means that they're also happy with Saha?

People have to automatically like Saha becuase they dislike Ruud? Is that the rule now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm uber glad you believe everything the press says gregg icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't believe everything the press says, but i'm familiar enough with it to be able to make an educated guess towards a situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah we have been a couple of times (last season Daisy Hill, this season Atherton LR). Decent ground and club house and reasonably easy to get to on the train. Like Dean says, it depends on how both clubs do this season in terms of relegation/promotion.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i've never been the Madejski Stadium before, it looks a good stadium on television </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

must be summat up with your telly. looks like every other plastic bowl that continue to pop up on mine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

any idea how many tickets we gave you in the end? we only started selling today, sounds like they were arguing with the council etc about your allocation as usual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>it was 1,500 now it's been upped to 3,500

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

how can you buy one of the main railway routes out of manchester? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I meant like, leasing it or something while the building work was going on or paying to have it relocated in a subway style like Scatter suggested (unless I've misread that as well). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you don't lease it either? icon_biggrin.gif

you're basically offering to upgrade the track at no cost to the owner in exchange for any slight modification like a downhill grade in order to build over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just meant in a take full responsibility for it in some way. Off the hands of whomever it is that controls that line in some sort of temporary agreement so we could redevelop that part of the ground.

Clearly railways are not something I know about, hence the random and apparently idiotic suggestions so I'll leave it at that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

while we're on the subject of 1 on 1s, rooney also pretty gash at them as things go? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But at least he hit one against Bolton.

And yep, for as good as Rooney is he isn't that great at 1 on 1's either. But at least he does score something like 1/3 unlike Saha who scores a magnificent -3/3 icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

youth cup final is tomorrow night isn't it? what times ko? I might come, anyone meeting up before hand? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm going yeah, if others are going it means i can ditch the gf and her work colleagues and speak to vaguely interesting people.

7.45ko btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll be there icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm not digging at you gregg but have you even seen Nani play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not seen much. Just the odd clips on Sgorio a couple of times this season and a few on Eurogoals. He looked exciting in the clips i've seen. Mainly, like you am basing it on how Ronaldo raves about him.

• 2 weeks later...

tbh the rise in tickets is a) only to be expected, b) still perfectly comparable to other football clubs and c) quite within their right considering attendances have been so strong.

£25 is still amoung the cheapest of all the big teams in the premiership and what a lot of championship fans have to pay. I doubt its just the glazers that would be charging this much with the attendances we've been getting. Almost all boards would do the same. Just look at Arsenal and they have fans on the board.

Making the automatic cup scheme compulsory is a **** decision however.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Gaby icon_frown.gif

Real Madrid to get even more likeable then. sorry AJ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>as long as you're even considering my feelings in the first place, I've got no problem :*)

Archived