The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Nah I like some of the Nike ones tbf, I like a lot of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I say a lot, I mean a lot of the shirts full stop not a lot of the Nike ones though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Riquelme eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it better or worse to sign the wrong good players, as they won't fit in at the club or in the premiership, than simply overpriced rubbish ones?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Scholes with a decent tackle icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so the other escaped with a gash then?

christ almighty, what is it at the minute with complete randoms coming in offering their expert analysis of our situation? at least this go-go chap seems fairly clued-up - razzler just veering between moronic and dull and i don't even need to say anything about joe ****ing cole.

re: RvN - it's not confirmed, calm down. we rejected £12m from Bayern did we not? why would we then accept £10.3m from Real? don't get me wrong, wouldn't particularly surprise me but it makes no sense, and fergie seems to be saying Real's new bid isn't enough, so it's still up in the air as far as i can see.

oh, and this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Is it me or does a day not go by when Fletcher doesnt have something to say? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's just you, you massive massive plum. i'm sure he was hardly straining at the leash to undergo the john barnes interview treatment - he's one of the senior players in the team tonight, think about it. sweet jesus

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jerome:

So David Jones impressed during the last game? He was great during his spell at NEC! Had expected him during the Amsterdam Tournament, but read he was injured. Would've liked to see him play for united, but there'll be some more chances to see that I hope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He came on against Ajax, didn't he?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

I hate losing icon_frown.gif Especially when I work with a Gooner. On the plus side, I also work with a Leeds fan and a QPR fan! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ive simply told all arsenal fans they deserved to win and that if they continue like that they'll finish above us. kills all banter instantly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

SMitheh, coming to the wall on Sunday fella? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

depends on the weather and the time we get there, I would say im about 50/50 on coming to the wall.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh and r.e the steward, I don't understand what the problem was, yeah I was stood up, as was every ****er in the Stretty and I was stood in the aisle as well blocking noones view.

shambolic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did he say, just don't do it again?

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">At Fault For Goal:

27. Mikael SILVESTRE 2

2. Gary NEVILLE 1

3. Patrice EVRA 1

4. Gabriel HEINZE 1

5. Rio FERDINAND 1

6. Wes BROWN 1

7. Cristiano RONALDO 1

22. John O'SHEA 1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like how Silvestre barely played this season and he is already at fault for 2 goals icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Some people icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Vidic Should Know Better

Perhaps Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand would like to explain their "hilarious" rocket-launcher celebration to people living in Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, Palestine etc etc who live in constant fear of attack from rocket-propelled grenades or missiles or those who have lost love ones from such weapons in conflict and war? Or to members of the armed forces serving in some of these countries who are subject to attack and ambush from insurgents armed with "real" rocket launchers? The fact that Vidic was born in a country which had more than its fair share of the horrors of war in the not too distant past makes it all the more inappropriate. Idiots.

David Horgan

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs. I'm going to go ahead and assume this is from the Guardian. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wrong! worse icon_frown.gif

I guess it all depends mate, I think that if you get your renewal in before your birthday then you'll be fine, otherwise naw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

K ta. I have no idea where me and my Dad are going to re-locate to though, suppose Stretford End would be pretty cool for the atmosphere. But the North stand tier 1, 2 or the South stand would be the best for actually viewing the game. Probably harder and a lot dearer to get season tickets in those stands though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

someone obviously studied DB07 pretty closely icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to see Jonny is settling in so well, such a class, class, class player for a young lad. Got no doubts he will be future United captain.

Go on Jonny son!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know it's good to play your strongest XI whenever you can, and in the main I agree. But when he have a run of games on Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday/Wednesday like we are in the minute, some people are expecting us to play everyone for all of those games and it's just not realistic. Tonight was the night to rest players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've said all along resting a few is fine. but that many.. and then CONTINUING to refuse to put Scholes/Ronnie on despite a performance that inept?

no. it was not the right decision.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

christ... you doom merchants. icon_biggrin.gif

6/1 a pretty realistic appraisal of our chances really. win the next three games, and the league is pretty much in the bag. boro and watford hardly the sort of opposition that should stop us reaching the fa cup final. roma eminently beatable if we pull our fingers out. same with milan/bayern.

by that rationale, 6/1 not far wide of the mark at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd probably pretty much agree on the fa cup, if it weren't for the fact that we'll probably need to put out virtually a reserve side. As for the other two, how the league is in the bag when we have only 1 striker who can tick even one of the two boxes of 'fit' and 'in form' i have no idea. Two draws where we batter the opposition but fail to score and a defeat to Chelsea and that's the lead gone. Add that to how we can be confident against anyone in europe given our recent poor form in the competition in general, and away from home in particular, none of it's looking certain, let alone winning all three. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

which is precisely why we're at six to ****ing one, and not odds on.

seriously, i think some of you get paid in big titted blonde wenches with interweb geek fetishes to point out our potential shortcomings at times.

The thing is i think we're all realistic if we're honest about our chances in that we have as good a chance as any of the other sides of winning each competition so long as we stay in them.

However, we all have a different way of dealing with things. There the optimists, cautious and pessimists.

Nothing wrong with any of the attitudes really because off of us have different ways of dealing with how we're shaping up going into the end of the season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

Teamtalks are utter ******** mate. Let your assistant do them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon13.gif I just gave my Guiseley team an "Angry" half time team talk because they were 0-0 and utterly ***** against the team coming 23rd (conf nat), they came back and scored 3 to 0 and they have "Fired Up" or "Motivated" in the team talk feedback.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

3 Rossi great player, but i'm not sure he will make it in the prem, just to small for my liking.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

er mate, he's better than tevez. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That said with irony im hopin? He may have the potential to be better than Tevez, but he ISNT better than him now, if he was he'd be in the united team.

Archived