The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Gerard Pique insists he does not want to return to Spain for a season on loan at Real Zaragoza.

The Manchester United teenager has been linked with a temporary switch home to build up his first-team experience.

Pique made just seven senior appearances for United last season, but is tipped for a bright future at Old Trafford.

However, Zaragoza had expressed an interest in signing the 19-year-old on a season-long loan to help with his progress.

United are well-stocked in the defensive department and it was thought a loan arrangement could be beneficial to both clubs.

Former Barcelona youngster Pique, though, is happy in England and has no plans to join Zaragoza, or another Spanish club, on loan.

"I want to continue in England," Pique told Sport.

"I do not think about changing my situation. I am very well there.

"Why would you want to change when you are well?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i'll hate that red shirt forever. don't care what we win wearing it. it's basically a scouse strip. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't worry about us winning anything in it.

[/Mika] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

And what Scatter said.

so you are looking for a young viera sort of player. ivory coast had a leggy centre mid didnt they?

but then any players who did even half decent at teh WC will have had their values doubled.

maybe an african nation that didnt get to the finals? nigeria, cameroon?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

So do I. Although I'm so desperate for signings I'd be quite grateful to see us sign Michael Barrymore at the minute </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where do you want him to play upTOP, MIDDLE OR BOTTOM!?? icon_biggrin.gif

P.S. I apologise for the general god-awfulness of that joke, I just couldnt help myself .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pago:

liverpool have bought pennant now. i hope he doesnt prove me right and turn out very good (i got laughed out of here suggesting him as a replacement for ronaldo!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps because he's nowhere near Ronaldo's class?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

As for Carrick, good player? Yes. Right player? Not unless we get someone else as well. Quite simply, i can't think of a single top team ever that has had no steel in the midfield. And until we buy a player of that type, we have none. If he's the only central midfielder we buy this summer, i think it'll be another Fergie clanger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree with that 100%. Said something similar in the Carrick thread. Carrick needs a destructive midfielder next to him who get stuck in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Vieira said: “Everyone wants to play for a club like Manchester United at the very highest level. It might be difficult after nine years at Arsenal but anything can happen in football.

“I will certainly not be playing for Juventus next season after they were relegated to Serie B.

“I believe my future will be sorted out in the next 48 hours.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with Mart on this one, it would depend on the fee, but if he is cheaper or the same price as Senna I think yeah should deffinatly go for him as they're both around the same age and Viera is better imo.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Come on Gregg tell the truth. You need someone to hold your hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rot off Burrage you cant icon_biggrin.gif

It's actually because i've not seen them before and it's a mate from work so yeah i'd be on my own, but thats not the reason. It's because, having not seen them before i dont know if they're good or crap. If they were crap and i'm with a mate, i can always use the excuse that they wanted to go somewhere else so we had to leave rather than me appearing to be a total arsehole icon_biggrin.gif

Does this mean you lose your karma points AND your custom status is United Thread >>> BBB?

It's good to know we've handled this in the traditional 'eggs in one basket' method United like to employ over transfers. Cue no-one signing, Fergie coming out on Friday saying 'We're happy with the squad we've got, I firmly believe it's the strongest I've ever had, no, honestly I do' and us winning, well, fuuck all.

Maybe David Jones will be our saviour eh? Oh no, turns out Fergie'd rather play a converted winger, striker or left back in midfield than him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Well done to whoever predicted Senna would get ****ed off at you making him wait, then you wouldn't get OH anyway icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_cote_kid:

Why bother trying to flatter a player who is beyond your reach now while potentially undermining current members of your squad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate, practically ever member of the squad is on record as saying how we need new midfielders, even the existing incumbents in that position. Hardly undermining them by agreeing and saying we want to bring in one of the very best?

And I'd say that undermining your manager probably a worse road to go down as well frankly.

As for being out of our reach, he'll be at West Ham twelve months. If we somehow have any money, we'll be in contention for his signature (we have first option if reports are to be believed) so that's not strictly true is it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

first game for me - charity shield 99 when we lost to arsenal 2-1. first game after the treble </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

such a glory hunter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

wall gathering on saturday will be great. im excited, they best have pork and apple sauce barms last time they didnt, i was seething.

Me and jonny are going to keep the atmosphere in t3 unbelievable, he says if it dips he will get naked and have united united drawn on him in paint. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm you need to stop eating cheese before bedtime.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh and Jules.

Until you admit that Richardson is an utter abortion there is no way I'll get you a ticket for Newcastle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha krifb. he really isnt i just pretend that he is so one day on the 1/100th match where he performs to a decent level i can be smug.

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

fergie saying in an interview that d jones and richardson are going to spend some time in the reserves icon_biggrin.gif

he seemed ****ed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said that? icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Which branch do you come up with Gerry? And do they pick you up in MK? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bedford branch, mate.

Pickup at J14/M1, or rather at the Coachways station there. (8.45 on Saturday so it looks like I'll be first at the wall again. icon_biggrin.gif)

It's loads cheaper than a tank of diesel and car parks at OT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

love it if we get real, ruud and big dave coming home so good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too good. The Mika's of this world would be cheering for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

becks and ruud would deserve a massive ovation tbh, but all this wanting ruud to score business is nonsense

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

ah man I bet away games are fffffffb icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're from London, you should get away tickets off BBB, as from what i've seen on this thread he is the ticketmaster. Plenty of away games down sarf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

ah man I bet away games are fffffffb icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're from London, you should get away tickets off BBB, as from what i've seen on this thread he is the ticketmaster. Plenty of away games down sarf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Martin is like Henry, he chokes for the big games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Everyone but me is fecked then icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont make it so obvious icon_wink.gif

And you are wrong Ryan pays up on time too

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

That Vida interview is great. He so reminds me of Ivan Drago from Rocky 4. "If he dies, he dies". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said the exact same thing the day he signed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Duo out of Anfield trip

Darren Fletcher and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will miss United's crucial Premiership trip to Liverpool on Saturday lunchtime thanks to ankle and knee injuries respectively.

Fletcher, who featured in the 3-2 FA Cup win at Reading on Tuesday night, will be out for two weeks with an ankle knock, while Solskjaer is unavailable until the Blackburn game at Old Trafford on 31 March following a minor operation on his knee earlier this week.

"Everyone else is fit aside from Darren and Ole," confirmed Sir Alex at his pre-match press briefing. "Ole had a minor operation to wash out the knee. He should be back for the match against Blackburn." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not too long.

• 5 weeks later...

We really were sh*t today tbh.

Rooney, Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, Ronaldo really were woeful.

Our best 5 players this season have been, for me, Van Der Sar, Vidic, Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo.

Today one of them was out, one played alright but was at fault for both goals and the other three were ****.

This leads me to the cocnclusion that it was a bad day and all will be back to normal come Tuesday.

I'm an optimist.

icon14.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder what SMG's position on Ruud is... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iirc she's never been a fan of lazy 2 yard tap in merchants?

• 3 weeks later...

Really sceptical of any more joy out of the window. Fours 'ins' already, with our transfer history plus the debt means that I doubt we'll have anyone else in without selling. Even if we sell off Kier, Silvestre and Saha, I doubt we'd get £15m combined, and I can't see us plunging all the money we get from sales back into new signings.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

tbf he does jonny a fair whack of cash as far as i know and should continue doin jonny favours while he owes him money.

but also jonny just get a ST there are loads about on RI sanc ill hook u up if u want/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oi what about me, Martin owes me mor ethan jonny yet i dont take the **** anywhere near as much

Archived