The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

If a player of Portugals was to stamp on an England player I'd damn well expect an England player/players to run and remonstrate with the referee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there is NO NEED to dasah 50 yards to remonstrate with the ref who is already at the scene. He did it with the express intention of trying to influence the referee. Or are you saying that Ricardo, the 'keeper doesn't "love" his country enough to do what Ronaldo did?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of me wanted Ruud gone, I knew he was going and it was just a matter of time.

In all honesty, I'm utterly gutted that he's going this way, was watching the 02-03 DVD the other day and his strike rate was amazing, everything he touched turned to goals. So many memories, that goal against Arsenal in 03, the Villa Park comeback, the Fulham goal, the penalty against Arsenal

When Ruud played you just knew we'd score, no worries lads, Ruud will bang one in, Im gutted that we didn't get a chance to show our appreciation, even though we knew he was gone after Charlton, the chance to give him a standing ovation would have been awesome.

It's so easy to say meh balls to him, his agent been whoring him around Europe but he's given us so many fantastic memories, every time he scored, he had a smile on his face and you knew it meant the world to him, especially the penalty against Arsenal.

Thanks for everything Ruud, you'll be incredibly missed icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Umney:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Does anyone have a video of Schmeichel's goal against Rotor Volograd? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Footage of it at 1:55 for about 4 seconds or so </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

his save vs Zidane at the end of the clip = fantastic

great strike by Zidane, great save by Schmeichel

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

smile, and think 'wayne'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah. but he'll suffer too when sir plays him up front, alone when saha is injured again shopping for garlic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why garlic? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

RED ARMY

Accept you Malcom? Dunno fella, you should watch this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's awesome icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

So Ole has 5 goals in 5 games this pre season does he not?

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

45 Minutes vs Orlando Pirates - 2 Goals

45 Minutes vs Kaiser Chiefs - 0 Goals

90 Minutes vs Preston NE - 1 Goal

90 Minutes vs Port - 1 Goal

72 Minutes vs Oxford - 1 Goal

</pre>

And Ronaldo, what a way to shut up the boo boys last night. Not one dive, only 2 million step overs, 1 assist and 2 goals. The lad loves shoving the boos down everyones throat. icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Infact just cancelled the ticket for spurs £45 including everything! Mart hook me up from RI, thats like an extra 50% on ticket price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you not a one united member? Or have they not got their **** together yet?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

How has Carrick done? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2 or 3 times he's randomly headed the ball up in the air and for me hasn't got involved in the way that we'd want. Getting on the ball and passing it about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I concur. Couple of nice balls but we've not seen enough of him really.

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">United complete Mascherano swoop

Manchester United have sensationally completed the signing of Javier Mascherano from Corinthians on a four-year contract overnight.

The Argentinian world cup midfielder flew to Manchester on Monday for secret talks and a medical before returning to the national team camp in London last night.

Mascherano said: 'I am delighted to have joined United, one of the biggest clubs in the world.'

The signing is a major coup for United after losing out in the chase for England international Owen Hargreaves.

Ferguson and United chief executive David Gill beat off interest from a number of English clubs, including Arsenal and Chelsea.

Mascherano added: 'When I was made aware of United's interest, naturally I was very keen to talk to the club and now having spoken to the manager, the chief executive and other people at the club I am very excited about this move.

'I am eager now to get going and do all I can for United. I look forward to meeting up with my new team-mates next week.'

'I spoke at length with Henize and Veron, players who have had the opportunity play with United and they have nothing but great things to say about the club.

'I am aware of United's magnificent support and I will be doing all I can to bring as much success as possible to the club for the fans to enjoy.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

If we spend over £50 million in the next 2 transfer windows I will be very surprised. It's just another line of crap to appease the fans. I don't give a crap if we can use the money at a later date, we need to use it now icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but think of the money we'll have to spend after we get rid of the debt!

We'll be able to buy Microsoft to play for us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

Does anyone know where I could find a link of Veron's stunning goal against Everton in his first month at United? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Veron wfc. loved the guy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Just reading his Wiki page:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> More recently O'Shea has been utilised in the centre of midfield by Ferguson as United are short of cover in that position. Since being used in this position he has been considered increasingly impressive by fans and pundits alike, and is considered to have played a significant role in providing the stability which enabled United to extend their winnning run to 9 games, after defeating rivals Arsenal 2-0 on Sunday 9th April 2006. It is now widely believed that he is regaining to the form which made him an exciting prospect several seasons previously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Say what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Exactly what James said.

I despise the ticket office and wish death on all that work there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All 2 of them?

Will know about Blackburn when I finish work tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Such a wuss icon_biggrin.gif

Man up for christs sake </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's your fault I am in this situation icon_mad.gif

Plus I really am ill. Imagine how I normally look for Sunday games. Well I look worse than that. Coughing up brown stuff is not what I call healthy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gravy?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">“£25 million of annual net player spend is sufficient to support forecast growth over the next five years†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

miss that bit?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

haha its not a bandwagon you nonce, he had a poor game just accept it. i challenge you to watch it again and show me what he actually did? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he really wasnt as bad as you make out. at all.

If you're somehow denying Park was worse - you'd be completely wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

its tough, because influential refers to their impact on the team as a whole / the ferguson era itself. so you could feasibly have mark robins as number 3 or somewhere equally as high. as well as that, an influence is someone who is a driving force, more often than not vocal, so you could even have people like ince in there ahead of other more obvious candidates

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

****ing traitors

First james in the megawhore and now Mart. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa whoa whoa.

James in the megawhore? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, yeah. icon_biggrin.gif

MotM:

1) Rio Ferdinand

2) Cristiano Ronaldo

rio for basically holding together what was an atrocious defensive display, as well as that some of his crossfield 30/40 yard passes were sublime. ronaldo for the obvious. i thought giggs was very competent, one of our better performers, the rest were so poor its not even worth discussing. glad vidic was hauled off because it was his worst game of the season for us.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Just realised that Neville has been struck down by the calendar curse, it's back icon_cool.gificon_frown.gif

Rather worryingly, it's Saha's turn in April. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me and Saha noticed that last year that whoever was on a particular month on the official calendar usually had a nightmare or got injured, and Neville has carried on the tradition.

• 2 weeks later...

An away goal and avoid defeat and i'm happy. Not much to ask really.

On the formation i hope for 4-4-2 with Smith up top and then Saha to come on for him around the hour mark.

If its 4-5-1 then i'd put Giggs wide and Rooney in the centre so he can put himself about a bit. Smith up top.

Fergie better have remembered to pack his brain in his suitcase so we dont get to see Richardson anywhere near the pitch tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

the amount of times they mentioned "the spirit of '99" on sky tonight just made me cringe to the bone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that was 8 years ago, ffs.

Different team, different time.

Have to say, I'm a bit calmed down now and if I'm being honest, it was coming. Decimated by injuries(in both legs!) league commitments and the simple fact that Milan are a good side.

If you'd asked me at the start of the season whether an Fa cup final, a strong position to win the league, and a European cup semifinal exit would be where we are in May, I'd be saying its impossible.

We've been brilliant this season. With a bit of luck, which we had a whole slice of in 99, we'd be celebrating a treble. A certain Roy Keane in midfield might've been enough too, mind. icon_wink.gif

As it is, a first league title in 4 years, against a club who's raised the bar in winning league in Chelsea, would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I don't really see it as a 451 not in the sense that most English clubs use it. It's generally more of a 4231 that the Spanish clubs particularly Barcelona use a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It really isn't (although it would be lovely if it was). The third midfielder would have to be playing off the front man or properly wide, and that hasn't happened all season. The three have pretty much always been the three at Wembley, and they play as a true three, with Scholes as deep as Carrick and Fletcher with licence to get forward, but a starting position level with the other two. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely it was more like it against Roma?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Jonny too busy bumming dwarves for gold or whatever you do on that weird game icon_frown.gif

Keith, Alex, you both said you'd vote today, you haven't, DO IT FFS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i make it 95 mins to go yet today so you can wait

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

When were the thred awards btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't suppose you bumped into vicky in the past couple of days nick? (and, how was it?)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Marts as round as a pound \o/

Sorry icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get him lads icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">UNITED have granted a free transfer to Floribert Ngalula, a 20-year-old Belgian midfielder once viewed as "the new Patrick Vieira".

Ngalula had been on the books at Anderlecht before moving to United but his hopes he would break into the first team had a major blow when he suffered a serious hip injury at the start of the 2005/06 season.

United have also granted free transfers to three other reserve players: defender Phil Marsh, winger Jamie Mullan, and midfielder Danny Rose who spent much of last season on loan at Oxford.

Two other reserves have not been offered professional terms and have been released. They are keeper Lee Crockett and striker Aaron Burns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Flo icon_frown.gif

the others are all gash, no surprises really.

Archived