The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

Wow, one game and you don;t want a player at your club?

Who would replace him do you think? Also, wouldn;t Fergie congratulate him :surprised: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and who's asking you? christ, a jock leeds fan. Dr, Mengele couldn't have devised a worse creation.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ah, well you know what I'm like when it comes to <STRIKE>inter</STRIKE>national <STRIKE>football.</STRIKE> anything icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fixed. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

this pre-season has clearly been scripted by a scouser. ****.

just looking at the paper review on SSN, every back page bar one (and that features it) leads with Rooney and Ronnie patching things up and Wayne 'begging' Cristiano to stay, although presumably these all went to press before his comments after the game :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

helo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

It's all right, we're getting Gattuso. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What nickname would we give him?

We've had Gabby, Mickey, Ronnie and Facially Challenged Phil (Neville)

Rhino, Gatt, Beardy ?

Suggestions please

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Mika ffs icon_biggrin.gif

Fergie hate de rigeur now. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

everyone should get off my bandwagon, tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thought you'd enjoy all this hero worship.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

It's the worst one of the lot. Not only would have it been fantastic simply to have won the title after what had happened that year, but had we got a second, it would have been a last minute Liverpool winner that would have sealed it for us (although had we won, even with a Blackburn draw we'd have won the title on goal difference). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sitting on the coaches after the game watching thousands of grinning cockneys marching past us and the ICF take on our stragglers with the police batoning our lot back into the buses pretty much as low as it gets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson admits he still regrets not landing Owen Hargreaves this summer.

The Red Devils targeted the Bayern Munich midfielder throughout the close season, as they look to end Chelsea's recent dominance in The Premiership.

Despite Hargreaves claiming he would be keen on a move to Old Trafford, the Bundesliga champions resisted United's offers and have held onto him at the Allianz Arena.

The 25-year-old has suffered a broken leg since, but Ferguson still insists the acquisition of the Canadian-born player would provide him with a full complement of midfielders in his squad.

"If we had got Owen Hargreaves it would have given us a complete variation of the type of midfield players you need in the modern game," Ferguson told the League Managers' website.

"We focused on Michael Carrick and Owen right away. We got one and didn't get the other.

"We are disappointed we didn't get Owen but we have people like Darren Fletcher and John O'Shea developing. Paul Scholes has also returned, Ryan Giggs is showing his maturity and experience, which is helping everyone and you also have a younger player like Kieran Richardson."

But the fiery Scotsman also paid tribute to another of his midfielders, Park Ji-sung.

The energetic South Korean is currently out of action with ankle ligament damage and Ferguson says it has been a big loss for his squad.

"Ji-sung is probably one of the most under-rated players I have ever had at this club," the boss added.

"The players love him, even all the staff say 'you can't leave Park Ji-sung out of your team'. He has become a very important player."

Ferguson, now nearing his 20th anniversary at the United helm, will hope his team can continue their stellar start to the season against arch-rivals Liverpool on Sunday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has any scouser complained yet that Giggs was offside for the first goal? And i watched replays and he was 100% offside icon_biggrin.gif

Oh and imo a fit Heinze would still own the first team place however at the moment if Heinze won't perform to his best then he has competition from Evra for the starting place.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macallan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I know Saha's miss was bad and everything but be fair, it's the first he's missed for us I think? He's scored the rest he has taken this season.

Had an off night though, could just see as he was standing there that he was going to miss it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, he wasn't at his best but fact remains that he CANNOT SCORE from a one on one with the goalkeeper. We need a cool finisher.

And why doesn't Rooney take the penalties? Or Giggs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ronnie should take them icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

power trip fran

rooney ifs btw, according to lads who never see him play

He doesn't score for england or for us in europe.

Gash </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gerrard's a better striker than him, just like he's a better right back than Neville icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

Ji Sung is utterly useless. He's worse than Richardson. At least Richardson hardly ever starts.

ps Fletcher please **** off and allow Carrick to score. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you wakey in disguise?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I think I saw Chris Waddle walking through South Stand tunnel after the game. Anyone know if he was commentating/punditing for anyone today?

He's a fat bastard now if it was him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought I saw Mika roaring out to the BBC camera as it skimmed through sections of the crowd. Then I discovered he wasn't there. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

I think their problems run deeper at the moment, they offered nothing in attack yesterday, and the rumours are Terry will be out for months possibly as they can't get him right. Coupled with the fact that the cups will put an even tighter strain on his painfully thin squad and it could see them drop some points along the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All true I guess, it's certainly an interesting one. Wonder how they'll handle being just 5pts ahead of you now, they'll be looking both ways.

An article on Gareth Bale that compares him to Micah Richards as well as telling you a lot about his play. For people who have seen little to nothing of him its a good read.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/6299059.stm

I did have a great long post sorted with it all quoted up with just the bale bits and my own opinions that took me ages to do but i hit the delete button to delete a word and the reply box vanished along with my post. icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Bardsley's United hurt

Phil Bardsley admits it would hurt if he did not play for Manchester United again.

The right-back is spending the second half of the season on loan at Aston Villa after an unsuccessful first half at Rangers.

With Gary Neville blocking his path at Old Trafford, Bardsley accepts he may not have the chance to add to his 17 appearances for the club.

"Of course," Bardsley told The Independent when asked if it would be saddening if he had played his last game for United.

"Sometimes it hurts, but you have to be honest and say 'Maybe it wasn't meant to be'.

"Look at David Beckham and Nicky Butt. They left Old Trafford and did pretty well."

Bardsley accepts the presence of Neville has made it tough to break into the United side, but he has nothing but respect for the club's captain.

He added: "It's difficult to have such a great player and professional ahead of you. You've got to step aside because he's the best right-back in the business.

"He'll take some shifting because of his hunger to succeed. It's the same with Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs.

"When they win something, they don't sit back and bask in the glory. They go again. Gary's captain now, so he will be more like that than ever.

"I thought I did quite well when I got in the side, but sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say 'Fair enough'.

"I just hope some of Gary's desire and competitiveness has rubbed off on me. I'm confident it has." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He has pretty much given up on a career with us then judging by that interview.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

dunno if it's been mentioned, Ritchie Jones has joined Adam Eckersley on loan at Barnsley until the end of the season.

Mitchell Bryant, a kid we signed a year or so ago from Southampton who had Chelsea amongst others also after him, hasn't been offered a trainee contract apparently and has been released. should find out over the next couple of weeks which youngsters will be taken on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*coughs*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Blimey, can we go a page without another ruud bitch fight.

Let's all just agree that he was a great goal scorer but we are better off without him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll not agree on that, but I'll let the argument drop. Far too much work to do to waste my time with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

The Times/Finktank rates our chances of securing another Treble.

Its really quite brief but there are a couple of interesting stats in there I thought... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye, I read it and thought it talked quite a bit of sense. Even if it did rate our chances of the treble too highly imo. Especially interesting to see how awesomely it rates Vidic icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nemanja probably threatened the Finktank. icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

And what Nick said about Evra. The fact that he's been available for the bench for the last couple of games worries me that there's something in the rumour that he's fit, but isn't playing because he's fallen out with Fergie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm not buying that rumour myself. he picked up the injury against Liverpool, was missing for a few games, back on the bench vs Bolton and then missing again until saturday. don't think that suggests anything other than he wasn't really ready when stuck on the bench for the Bolton game (or that he aggravated the knock in the immediate aftermath). i know Fergie's stubborn but if he's been fit all this time, he'd have surely gone to Rome considering we only had four other fit defenders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd forgotten he wasn't in Rome tbh. He certainly needs to be starting sooner rather than later.

So given he starts soon, what would your back 4 be? When he's in, you've got to drop one of Gabby, Wes and O'Shea, and while O'Shea's the weakest player of the three, he's probably the better option attacking wise from RB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'd drop Gaby. i don't think now is the time to experiment with him in the middle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Much as i'd love to get JOS out of the team, i'm with you on that one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I'd not want it to be dead little. Kinda reduces the impact.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Story of your life, eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh no he didn't! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut your trap gummy

• 2 weeks later...

shun him. inconsiderate twat.

i'm going to aim to be in bed by 9. blatantly still be on here at 3am. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same here really , my sleeping pattern is totally fooked, so can't see me getting to sleep until at least 2am icon_frown.gif.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Theis, which office you working in? Salisbury Square / Dorset Rise, or have they got you in Farringdon? Live in Clapham as well, it's awesome icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know for certain yet. Apparently they'll inform me of my business unit/start date later this month. I've put CIM down as my first choice which I think is based in Salisbury Square.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alibaster:

Haven't seen this posted. Apologies if it has been.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Porto and Juventus are battling it out to win Giuseppe Rossi's signature on loan for next season.

The 20-year-old Manchester United starlet was prolific after moving to Italy in January, scoring nine goals in 19 Serie A games for Parma.

Claudio Ranieri managed to get the best out of the American-born Italian striker, after he had endured a frustrating time at Newcastle United earlier in the season.

Juve have since appointed the 'Tinkerman' - known admirer of the talented youngster - and Ranieri is eager to renew the partnership.

But United's purchase of Brazilian midfielder Andersen has complicated the issue, with Sir Alex Ferguson agreeing to give Porto preference in loaning players from the Premiership champions.

There is no indication that The Red Devils will even let Rossi back out on loan next season though, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer among a number of the frontline unsure of his future.

Louis Saha has suffered perennial lapses in fitness ever since moving to Manchester and speculation surrounding Alan Smith's contract also refuses to die down.

Rumours surrounding Nicholas Anelka have subsided, but the Old Trafford faithful would still like to see a new forward come in to improve the attacking options.

Rossi has stated his desire to forge a name for himself at the Theatre of Dreams next season, and that could prompt Ferguson to put his trust in the youngster, particularly if he is unable to enter in the transfer market again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we loan him out again (especially to Italy) he'll say he wants to leave at the end of next season.

Archived