The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Tickets received: Arsenal (lose 0-1)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it was your fault ? icon_mad.gif

Don't come again ? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\ icon_mad.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic aren't a great team, but with their crowd behind them and stuff they just always seem to up their game on these European nights, and make no mistake, it'll be a tough game.

And it goes without saying that Chelsea are a fantastic team, we can easily lose to them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fergie on Tuesday

Sunday, November 19, 2006

"I have obviously got to think about the Chelsea game when I pick my team to face Celtic and there will be one or two changes to the side."

"Players like Gabriel Heinze will come into contention, but we want to come back from Glasgow with qualification guaranteed.

"We took a bit of a risk in Copenhagen and it went wrong for us.

"We want to get a result to make sure we qualify, but the Chelsea game will have a bearing on the team I pick.

"I think it is good that we have a hugely important game at Celtic ahead of playing Chelsea. It will be good preparation for the Chelsea game because there will be a real intensity about the occasion in Glasgow.

"Celtic have fantastic support and we have got to cope with that because it gives them a definite lift.

"But we've got players who have seen these types of occasions and I am sure they will cope with it this time as well." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> <STRIKE>ACou</STRIKE>Fergie on Carrick

"Michael has been excellent."

"He and Paul Scholes have been controlling the games. Maybe Michael is not getting the credit he deserves at the moment because Paul is getting all the headlines. Also, he is not a demonstrative player. He is just a quiet lad who goes about his job without any real show.

"He just knows where he is passing the ball and when to pass it. He knows the right angles and the right weight. His passing is absolutely fantastic."

"Just because you don't pound into tackles it doesn't mean you are not good at your job in terms of the positions you take up."

"We analysed the potential for Michael and Paul all last season and the defensive side never came up at all.

"You can make it difficult for opponents to play it past you and Michael has done that very well." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

We are clearly going ot get some over the hill striker as backup in January. If huntelaar comes I will be amazed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fowler?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fergie on Tuesday

"We took a bit of a risk in Copenhagen and it went wrong for us."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We ? Us ? icon_biggrin.gif

Note that it's never I or me.

Sloping shoulders ftw. icon14.gif

I dont understand it.. keeping the same side has proven to work. So changing NOW just before the biggest game of the season and breaking up the flow is just asking for trouble /o\

And tbh if the players cant lift themselves to get through both these games (Tuesday and Sunday arent even that close together ffs) then we wont be winning anything anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I wonder if it's the same as last season where me and only me said that we would win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I'm with you on it this time around. I reckon Torres will score a hattrick and Hargreaves will add a fourth in a magnificent showing - Mascherano to absolutely murder the Chelsea players, too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Exactly Mika. If the world doesn't open up and swallow us all whole, consider it a good result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop aiming so high ffs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Exactly Mika. If the world doesn't open up and swallow us all whole, consider it a good result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop aiming so high ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, at least Chelsea wouldn't be able to beat us if that happened.

good win yesterday, especially after going a goal down within first quater of an hour, it was a game we would of lost 2 years ago and it shows ou how much more confident the team is these days. Both of the goals were really well taken especially the first, Ronaldo looked our main attacking threat even though he ballsed that shot up at the end. Didn't really look as if the back four were really tested again, Scholes & Carrick seemed to run the show from the middle of the park, so:

MoM: Rooney : Two REALLY well taken goals and seemed to put pressure on the Sheffield United backline when ever possible.

2nd: Ronaldo : Again played really well and his consistency is making him into a great player for us and a constant threat to opposition teams, only reason didn't get MoM because of the miss at the end of the game.

Can see us getting a point on Tuesday, that gets us through right? and then on Sunday I really can see us turning them over , our width and pace up front will cause them no end of problems, that and Vida will scare the **** out of Drogba by just looking at him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

He's from Bolton he doesn't count </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Not exactley being over confident, just saying I think we have the ability to beat Chelsea and I think we will. Not like im saying were going to win the treble again.

meh whatever, gonna join us for a can on Sunday dude?

Seems ages since the last home game icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh Yes, should be there. Atmosphere is going to be superb.

NO

we can't be happy with a draw ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are right, we have to look to win the chelsea game. but if we play well, and only come away with a point, it won't be catastrophic.

if we're hanging on for dear life for 90 minutes, then that's an altogether different matter.

NO

we can't be happy with a draw ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im guessing your talking about Tuesday? your'e right in saying that we shouldn't be playing for a draw, we should be going for the win and will be no doubt, but if Ferguson plays O'shea/Richardson/and to a lesser extent Silvestre which he could very well do, the most we will probably get out of it is a draw and tbh I could deal with a draw against Celtic, mainly because I think we will beat Benifca comfortably in the last game.

yeah that worked a treat last time round </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True , but theres one big difference, were at home in the last game and the team is a LOT more confident this time around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

True , but theres one big difference, were at home in the last game and the team is a LOT more confident this time around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So we'll go into it overconfident and with the thought that we've got it in the bag because it's at Old Trafford this time, then get humped by a team that 'just wanted it more'.

i'll take a draw against celtic only, and I do mean ONLY, if MUTV screens clips of Keenan and Kel going 'aww, here it goes' on repeat until the opening whistle against Benfica. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

True , but theres one big difference, were at home in the last game and the team is a LOT more confident this time around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So we'll go into it overconfident and with the thought that we've got it in the bag because it's at Old Trafford this time, then get humped by a team that 'just wanted it more'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably yeah icon_biggrin.gif , was only saying that I would prefer to draw against Celtic on Tuesday than only getting a draw on Sunday against Chelsea in a game I think could make or break our season.

Archived