The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Seeing as it's mostly the crappy games, tickets won't be hard to come across mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm 20 in January so I was thinking this could be a nice celebration. United rarely win when I see them live and I don't want to spoil this league's campaign though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Basically means that you're getting an FA Cup ticket to see our reserves lose to Goole or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crikey! That's even more pessimistic than usual!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Basically means that you're getting an FA Cup ticket to see our reserves lose to Goole or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crikey! That's even more pessimistic than usual! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our recent success has made me go the other way icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Manchester United centre-half Nemanja Vidic is studying video footage of former Old Trafford defenders Steve Bruce and Gary Pallister as he looks to create a similarly formidable partnership with Rio Ferdinand. (The Sun).

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing like the sun to latch onto what someone says and then report something totally different.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

ah crap, spent so long on making sure i got the angel quote correct (and i still probably didn't) only to forget that they've both suffered broken legs recently.

pish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Points for effort - we've not had sly Jossian quotage in here for a while.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

*can't wait for Tuesday* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That as well, but being a cockney Red all my mates are Rent Boys and it's less than a week away now icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Follow, follow, follow.......

We will stop singing that song after Tuesday? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hopefully. It's sh*t.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

So, are we expecting an unchanged team for tomorrow night or will SAF be unable to resist the urge to rest 3 or 4 prior to Chelsea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">fergie on team changes for tuesday:

"There will only be two at the very most, I think, to make sure we qualify. I think it (the crowd) is a definite help to them. I watched the video of their game against Benfica and the support was fantastic. We expect that to be a big challenge. We have to handle that but we have got players who can. We have been in these types of situations before. You've got to have players who have the courage to handle the support and the volume of noise." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe fletcher for scholes or giggs and heinze in for evra?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

Can anyone find me a picture of Ryan Giggs advertising Quorn? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't find anything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Quite clearly going to be Kuszczak, Heinze, O'Shea, Richardson, Smith in.

We will lose 1-0 & will be 'unlucky' the young lads 'needed to gain experience' & we will just have to beat Benfica at home icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cue Russian linesman /o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

hopefully. It's sh*t. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was worse in 2002 when we sang it ALL FECKING SEASON.

Until Leverkusen knocked us out icon_frown.gif

hopefully. It's sh*t. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I noticed that has been chanted a lot recently.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Reds commission legends' statue

Manchester United has unveiled plans to recognise its legendary forward line which contained three European Footballers of the Year: George Best, Denis Law and Bobby Charlton. The Club has commissioned world famous sculptor Philip Jackson to create a statue featuring the three United legends.

The bronze statue, which will be life-size-and-a-half and will take around 18 months to complete, will allow fans and visitors to Old Trafford to pay tribute to the achievements of one of the great eras in the Club’s history. Philip Jackson was the artist who created the statue of Sir Matt Busby situated at the East Stand of Old Trafford.

The statue is the result of discussions which were accelerated by the untimely death of George Best in November 2005 and forms part of wider plans to allow the Club to recognise the many extraordinary contributions of great figures in its past.

Announcing the plans, Chief Executive David Gill said: "The Club has been looking at how to commemorate its great figures for some time. Too often, we feel we have to wait until our heroes have passed away to recognise their talent. So we are very excited that this statue - by one of the world’s most renowned sculptors - will honour the efforts not only of George Best, whose death came tragically early in his life, but also two of the game's finest forwards - Denis Law and Bobby Charlton.

"Manchester United is proud of its heritage and we believe that this statue will be evidence of that. The fact that it will be on Sir Matt Busby Way could not be more appropriate."

Philip Jackson said: "I was delighted to be commissioned to create a statue capable of commemorating the Club’s achievements in one of its most glorious eras. Having three European Footballers of the Year in the same forward line is a cause for celebration and represents the most iconic image of that time."

Image </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

No Statue for Alex? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait til he's snuffed it, eh?

When's that happening by the way James? Taken the matter into your own hands yet?

You'll be happy to know that i am goin to the Chelsea game now and i'll just have to tell her that she needs to leave on Sunday mornin icon14.gif Doubt it'll go down well but it needs to be done!

Got 3 Chelsea tickets and 6 Everton tickets this mornin as well as my 12 Benfica tickets!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Only because the Thread collectively shamed you into going... icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Um, look love, it's nothing personal. It's just that there's a bunch of internet randoms I've never met who really don't seem to like me, and this might get me back into their good books. I hope you understand."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

byebecks - which branch are you a member of? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

George Best Caryduff MUSC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume the club are aware that the branch secretary is obviously handing out tickets in a completely uncontrolled manner? Including allowing non-United fans into home areas? If not, they soon will be icon_smile.gif

Archived