The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but like i say, you could say the same thing about Gaby's rash lunge, Giggs' failure to track Trabelsi, Carrick being AWOL, Rio standing off Trabelsi and VDS being a bit suspect for the shot.

i remember seeing this argument in your thread before about garcia not 'directly' contributing to goals against because there was still plenty of opportunity for others to rectify his errors - same applies here really. it was still a fairly harmless situation after vida's slip.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

You're all scum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*******)

And Giggs at fault for the goal btw. Had he tracked Trabelsi as he should have done Trabelsi wouldn't have scored.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

And Giggs at fault for the goal btw. Had he tracked Trabelsi as he should have done Trabelsi wouldn't have scored. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit of an assumption to suggest a winger marking him would have stopped him, when a centre back being right up with him and two other players around couldn't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

btw chaps, guess which much-loved commentator had this to say today:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Vidic, still doesn't impress for me... weak defensively" </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh

hahaha, Ronaldo so arrogant

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Cristiano Ronaldo has vowed to become the best player in the world after claiming he has already surpassed Manchester United legend Eric Cantona.

Ronaldo is the latest in a long line of talented No 7s at Old Trafford.

George Best, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona and David Beckham have all worn the shirt with distinction down the years.

Ronaldo is in no doubt he belongs in such illustrious company, and believes he can even top the list.

"My dream is to win the Ballon d'Or and I am working to be the best player in the world," Ronaldo told the News of the World.

"Since I was a kid I have been trying to become the best winger in the world and now I want to go a step farther.

"There is still some way to go but the challenge is there and I am trying. I hope the moment arrives soon.

"After me the best No 7 that I have seen was Eric Cantona. But I am still only 21 and I want to surpass everything I have achieved so far."

Ronaldo also rounded on his critics, branding them jealous after they sharpened their knives following the controversial penalty incident at Middlesbrough.

"The incident against Boro has caused many comments, but it was a valid penalty. I do not dive," added Ronaldo.

"Nor do I search for controversy. But I am a person accustomed to the critics and they are not a problem for me.

"Perhaps the critics are jealous. I do not think I have to change. I am the same person that arrived in England hungry for success."

Meanwhile, United target Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has revealed he dreams of becoming the next Ruud van Nistelrooy.

"I know certain English clubs are following me like Manchester United and Newcastle. They are both very interested in me," said Huntelaar.

"I love clubs with great history like Ajax. I also love United. It's a club that makes me dream, especially since Ruud van Nistelrooy has played there and did great things for them.

"It could be a source of inspiration as to how I continue my career. I follow the careers of van Nistelrooy and Dirk Kuyt, who play for massive foreign clubs, and they're role models for a young player like me." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Cristiano Ronaldo has vowed to become the best player in the world after claiming he has already surpassed Manchester United legend Eric Cantona. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gahahahahahahahahaha icon_biggrin.gif

you're not a tenth of the player Eric was icon_biggrin.gif

But kudos on the confidence icon_biggrin.gif

Heinze icon_smile.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Gabriel Heinze has revealed he has no regrets over turning down the opportunity to leave Manchester United in the summer.

It is believed that Real Madrid courted the Argentinian left-back in the summer, but he opted to remain and fight for his place at Old Trafford under Sir Alex Ferguson.

Heinze's chances at the start of the season were hit by the injury he picked up at the World Cup finals and he has found it tough to dislodge Patrice Evra.

Despite his troubles, Heinze is happy to knuckle down and battle for his place in Manchester.

"I had the misfortune to suffer a bad injury and that can happen to anyone," Heinze told the News of the World. "But when I was asked to move to a different, very important, team - Sir Alex asked me to stay and I stayed.

"I feel at ease in this club - a club that has given me a lot and for whom I have given everything.

"Any questions about my future should be directed to the coach. The only thing I can tell you is how happy I am when I play for United." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Where does he actually say that?

"After me the best No 7 that I have seen was Eric Cantona. But I am still only 21 and I want to surpass everything I have achieved so far."

Think he was misinterpreted tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Misinterpreted for shock value obviously.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

And Giggs at fault for the goal btw. Had he tracked Trabelsi as he should have done Trabelsi wouldn't have scored. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit of an assumption to suggest a winger marking him would have stopped him, when a centre back being right up with him and two other players around couldn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When he recieved the ball he was in acres of space. Had giggs been tracking him I reckon there is a good chance he wouldn't have recieved the ball fullstop. Definately not recieved it and then had enough space to think "I'll take this and shoot".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Meanwhile, United target Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has revealed he dreams of becoming the next Ruud van Nistelrooy.

"I know certain English clubs are following me like Manchester United and Newcastle. They are both very interested in me," said Huntelaar.

"I love clubs with great history like Ajax. I also love United. It's a club that makes me dream, especially since Ruud van Nistelrooy has played there and did great things for them.

"It could be a source of inspiration as to how I continue my career. I follow the careers of van Nistelrooy and Dirk Kuyt, who play for massive foreign clubs, and they're role models for a young player like me." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

come and get me pleas \O/

For yesterdays goal i wouldnt know who to blame but it wouldnt be Vidic.

The lad gets done in the corner but by the time the shot is taken he is in position again.

Giggs doesnt track, Ferdinand stands off a bit and Carrick reacts well too late to getting over and O'Shea is standing 40 yards behind the defence when hes meant to be the one in front of them stopping people like Trabelsi. Not to mention i'm still not too sure VDS shouldnt have done better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

But that's balls too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

basically we need to be as many points ahead as possible because we have chelsea, arsenal and liverpool all away in the second half of the season and will surely drop points </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd also count Man City away as a problem game because lately we seemed to play like **** over there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

But that's balls too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To his defense is player he has seen[/b[ icon_biggrin.gif There are other players he probably didn't see icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

once injuries start to kick in, it'll be back to normal, plus scouse getting back to their rythmn, we'll finish 3rd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, 2nd place prolly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

once injuries start to kick in, it'll be back to normal, plus scouse getting back to their rythmn, we'll finish 3rd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahah what happened to the bbb predicting wins for almost ALL our games? icon_biggrin.gif

more pessimism than a mika wet dream

Archived