The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were lucky today. Just like Chelsea last week against Everton. Although our team performed like **** we managed to win it thanks to the individual performances of Ronaldo and Scholes finding the right time to crack home a screamer.

Sadly due to this win the fact that Saha had one of his worst Man Utd performance i have ever seen will be ignored as well as Giggs being competely underpar yet again.

Saha better find some form quick because he was incredibly bad at the link-up play as well. Couldn't pass the ball, couldn't first touch the ball (nothing new here), couldn't dribble anyone. He was basically completely pants.

Giggs the same.

And Park was average, not doing anything big but also not wasting passes. He does need match fitness that was obvious.

Oh and Fletcher was at times brilliant (some very good passes) and at times so bad it made the school yard children look like professionals.

Saha has been annoying me for a good few weeks now, but what can we do, it's not as if there is anyone pushing him for his place.

Giggs seems to have lost his early season sparkle in the last 2/3 games, hopefully he'll get it back soon enough.

As for Park yeah, he'll need games.

Yeah thanks to Fergie being brilliant at loaning out Rossi. He might not have be first team quality yet but when Saha performs like this i can't see any reason why someone like Rossi cannot take his place. At least he would have competition. I can't wait for the 2nd of January and for Larsson to be eligible to play for us. Saha might wake up and start playing footie again.

Can you believe Chelsea? Is that 3 games in a row they have scored very late to win or draw?

JM just says **** it and goes all out and these teams respond by trying to shut up shop instead of looking to leave attackers on and hit them on the break exploiting the gaps.

I just cant believe it. Watch Wigan do us on boxing day as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

BBB:

"feck.me.what.a.strike" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>texting during the game icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only wanting United aways if they're in london? icon_confused.gif

Oh what a fantastic day, started off crap.

Got the beer for the train, then was searched/handheld metal detector. Sat down on the floor in the gangway thing and someone came to get past, I stood up, twatted my head and my ipod fell out of my pocket and then got stood on, got no idea if it's broken.

We sank some pints in the pub, whilst putting on some appropiate music - ring of fire, walking in a winter wonderland, monster icon_cool.gif, let them know it's christmas time.

Got to the ground, had 2 hot dogs (tbf Nick had 2 pies) then headed for our seats, near enough at the back, it was like West Ham \o/, hardly anyone singing, just a small pocket of us, me and Nick starting off songs icon_cool.gif. Got a text from James07 literally as Ronaldo scored saying "replay of west ham?" haha icon_biggrin.gif. We scored and we went fecking mental and the United fans woke up.

Then, it happened. Corner, headed out go on Scholesy hit it, **** ME ITS IN. I went mental, nearly ripping the poor sod in front of us head of and Nick was just in utter shock icon_biggrin.gif

Ronaldo just ****ing fantastic, motm just in front of Scholes.

Walking out singing United songs and not caring, ditto queuing for the train, what a fantastic day out

JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE ALL THE WAY, OH WHAT FUN IT IS TO SEE UNITED WIN AWAY HEY!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Football First shows the full 90 minutes, right?

If so I'll turn over to it at half time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does. On now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

although I'm slightly angry at the obviously sub standard side we're gonna put out on Tuesday, after finally making it to a game... I have no desire to watch Kieran Richardson play for us icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richardson ALWAYS scores when I go and he plays.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

although I'm slightly angry at the obviously sub standard side we're gonna put out on Tuesday, after finally making it to a game... I have no desire to watch Kieran Richardson play for us icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richardson ALWAYS scores when I go and he plays. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs

dont want him to play or score icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> England international Michael Carrick has not suffered a serious injury, disclosed Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

The United midfielder missed the Reds' 3-0 victory at Aston Villa with reports before the game suggesting he had sustained ankle ligament damage.

However, the fiery Scot dismissed those claims insisting Carrick, who will also miss the Boxing Day clash against Wigan at Old Trafford, could be fit to face Reading in United's final game of 2006.

"It's not serious," declared the Red Devils' manager in a statement on clubs official website. "Michael got a knock on the ankle, but hopefully he'll be okay for the Reading game."

Apart from Carrick, the Red Devils will also be without both Paul Scholes and Nemanja Vidic when they entertain Paul Jewell's Latics side on Boxing Day.

The pair picked up their fifth cautions of the season and consequently must both serve immediate one game bans. John O'Shea, Darren Fletcher, Wes Brown and Mikael Silvestre are all in contention to take the trio's places. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

BBB:

"feck.me.what.a.strike" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>texting during the game icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only wanting United aways if they're in london? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bit harsh and wrong

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

So guess that means we'll line up like so for Tuesday:

VDS

Nev

Evra

Rio

Gaby/Wes

Ronnie

O'Shea

Fletch

Giggs

Rooney

Saha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'll clearly rest Giggs imo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

seeing it in person behind the gaol >>>>>>>>> seeing it in person side on >>>> seeing it on telly >>> seeing it on a PC screen

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ul both of us. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sir Alex Ferguson will finally get his man when he clinches the £12 million capture of England midfielder Owen Hargreaves within the next fortnight as he celebrates Christmas with Manchester United sitting proudly on top of the Premiership.

Two Cristiano Ronaldo goals and a wonderful volley by Paul Scholes brought United a 3-0 win at Villa Park yesterday that keeps them two points clear of Chelsea, late 3-2 winners at Wigan.

Hargreaves, who has been pursued by the United manager since before the World Cup finals last summer, is approaching full fitness after breaking the fibula in his left leg playing for Bayern Munich on September 16.

He will arrive to stiffen United’s midfield at an opportune time, with Michael Carrick facing a six week lay-off with an ankle injury.

The Hargreaves deal, allied to the short-term recruitment of Sweden striker Henrik Larsson, will enable Ferguson to crank up the pressure on his title rival, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.

Ferguson has revealed that he instructed chief executive David Gill to resume talks with Bayern, who last week claimed they would fight to keep the player until next summer.

But there has been a sudden softening of Bayern’s stance and Ferguson said: "We will wait and see about that. David will probably make contact with them. He’s always in touch with the G14 anyway and he sees (Bayern executives) Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeness regularly. So we will see."

But I can reveal that a deal will be completed in the January transfer window, with Hargreaves having informed Ferguson that he is on his way to Old Trafford.

The arrival of the combative Canadian-born player, set to be welcomed to the club well before his 26th birthday on January 20, will bring to an end a typically determined manhunt by Ferguson and an equally stoic refusal by Bayern officials to let him go.

The United manager’s interest in the player mirrors his quest to sign Holland striker Ruud van Nistelrooy, who remained top of his wanted list in spite of being out for the 2000-01 season with a serious knee injury.

Ferguson tried to sign Hargreaves before the August transfer deadline but the German club refused to talk, especially after an attempt to do a deal involving Van Nistelrooy foundered when the striker opted for Real Madrid instead.

Ferguson said then of the midfielder: "He is at a good age and still maturing. He would fit our age profile very well and he would be able to play the type of football that we like." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please be true

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

nick have you uploaded that file yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not yet dude, i'm at my folks' and can't get my laptop to connect to the net here, so i need to burn it to cd, whack it on here and then upload it. unless my sister has a spare blank cd, it'll have to be tomorrow

in other news.... Ronaldo is absolutely ****ing awesome. basically agree with what ali said earlier - there are (increasing regular) games where he's just utterly unplayable. looking forward to the media praising him for several occasions where he stayed on his feet when he could have gone to ground as well :*)

as for scholesy's goal, christ almighty what a strike icon_biggrin.gif just completely stunning, priviliged to have been there. think it might even have bettered wayne's effort against newcastle, it was THAT good.

Its 8 goals in 17 league games this season for Ronaldo isnt it?

And the lad is just utter brilliance, i think everyone has got to the stage where they are doing nothing but praise him every game. Even MOTD said he was unplayable and they were just behind the Sun with the kill Ronaldo stuff this summer.

Then we talk about end product and i think its agreed he has it in spades now. The chance he set up for Giggs was just brilliant.

But the one question remains with Ronnie, has he won Keyser over yet?

Archived