The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

ManUtd.com will be first to confirm any signings, just as we did last year on Christmas Day when we broke the news that United had signed Nemanja Vidic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha, i'd forgotten that happened on christmas day. what a present :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

o/ for the text from mart, i was too busy trying to prevent myself throwing up/sleeping off this damn hung over to reply. hope u had a nice x mas too dude xxxx

are we on tv tomorrow </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

know how you feel dude :*(

and i don't think we are, naw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">o/ for the text from mart, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs.

Hope you have a shocker tomorrow like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

without vidic, carrick and scholes it's a distinct possibility

We will fine, unless waz is too full from his turkey to attempt to play.

Giggsy into the middle with Dazzle, park + ronaldoiqatspm on the wings. Sir Wesley of brown at centre half to SMASH emile. we are fine.

Mon king louis, get me some fantasy points as a late christmas present, ta.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

ah, looking back, it was pj, and he seemed to be seriously thinking signing barton plus about four others was a possibility. must have been BATTERED </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't advocating signing Barton, just saying he was linked in the papers. Was advocating signing a similar number of players to those that were linked yesterday (+1) as being a fantastic transfer window.

Class, it is often asserted, is permanent, while form may be temporary.

Nonetheless, there are players at every club who, no matter classy, will be hoping to maintain their stellar level of performance for the rest of the campaign. They are the players leading the way for the end-of-season awards at their respective clubs. They are:

Manchester United: Nemanja Vidic

He started the season the subject of debates as to which category of Sir Alex Ferguson's buys he fell into, but Nemanja Vidic has emerged as the most redoubtable and important member of the Manchester United rearguard.

Seemingly chiselled from rock, he is their most dominant defender since Jaap Stam and, as he has the added benefit of making Rio Ferdinand more dependable, invaluable.

Perhaps not since Steve Bruce, too, have United had a centre back capable of making such an impression at set-pieces at either end.

While Cristiano Ronaldo's has been the more ostentatious contribution to United's season, Vidic's may be the most significant.

My new Fender calender has September/October/November/December of this year so I've officially taken down the United one. So hopefully that means Roon'll play a blinder.

I'll do a roundup of the misfortune that's befallen each player each month if I cba later.

My new Fender calender has September/October/November/December of this year so I've officially taken down the United one. So hopefully that means Roon'll play a blinder.

I'll do a roundup of the misfortune that's befallen each player each month if I cba later.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hero of the Day:

The united lads at the christmas party, bloody awesome, wes brown and gary neville leading the chants, plenty of scouse and hate and ole and roy love icon14.gif : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arnFD9e-C8k </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Picture/story from the same night:

Heinze clearly blotto'd on some Argentine Red icon_biggrin.gif

Archived