The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

VDS

Brown

Vidic

Silvestre

Evra

Fletcher

O'Shea

Scholes

Park

Rooney

Solskjaer

Ronnie and Saha on bench, Rio, Nev and Giggs not in the squad.

Just **** off Fergie and welcome to top of the league chelsea. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh dear! will he ever learn

So we can assume those left out had a good **** up yesterday

Wigan

* 13 Kirkland

* 17 Boyce

* 04 Jackson

* 05 Hall

* 26 Baines

* 20 Teale

* 11 Johansson

* 15 Wright

* 08 Kilbane

* 25 Todorov

* 09 Heskey

Substitutes

* 12 Pollitt,

* 14 Landzaat,

* 21 Cywka,

* 22 Cotterill,

* 24 Skoko

I thought Vidic and Scholes were banned? at least it means Richardson's not there at least icon_biggrin.gif

Can understand resting Giggs, but Ronaldo should start tbh, and I think we'll miss Neville at right back, and I'd much rather have Wes in the middle than Silv. Still with Scholes and Rooney in there we should be able to create chances, and if not we can bring Ronnie on, so as long as we don't concede then we should be alright.

Man, anybody else nervy about the match later? I have a horrible feeling that we'll blow it, expecially considering the team Oul Whisky Face has put out.

Oh, and Fergie sez we have lots of strength in depth, so no need to worry then icon_rolleyes.gif:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sir Alex Ferguson has hit out at the critics who have suggested his back-up players at Manchester United lack quality.

United have held sway over champions Chelsea this term, with the form of Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes, Cristiano Ronaldo and co. delighting the Old Trafford faithful.

Chelsea, though, are just two points adrift at a time when the fixtures are coming thick and fast and some believe United will buckle if Ferguson is forced to shuffle his pack.

This assertion has not sat well with Ferguson who feels it is an insult to question the depth of his squad.

In an interview with The Sun, Ferguson stated: "One thing that niggles me is when I hear someone say 'They're a good team but they have nothing below their first-choice XI'.

"I regard that as short-sighted and rather an insult to the players who make up our squad and to myself - as if I hadn't bothered to build quality in depth.

"It's the strength of the full squad that will make or break you in a league championship."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Man, anybody else nervy about the match later? I have a horrible feeling that we'll blow it, expecially considering the team Oul Whisky Face has put out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know it's on at the moment 25 mins gone

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Man, anybody else nervy about the match later? I have a horrible feeling that we'll blow it, expecially considering the team Oul Whisky Face has put out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know it's on at the moment 25 mins gone </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was a 5 pm kick off icon14.gif

*turns on radio*

0-0 at half time but its been as comfortable as they come.

I dont recall a Wigan shot in the whole half. They seem to be employing a 10-0-1 formation.

We have only created a couple of good chances though and all seem to have fallen to Rooney(Why couldnt they have fallen to Ole?).

Fletch has played a few good balls and its been all us but i feel we will need Ronnie to create something if we are going to win it. With it being so easy we just need that spark to inject a bit of pace into our play before it gets too late.

We really cant miss this chance after Chelsea failed to win.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Fletch has played a few good balls and its been all us but i feel we will need Ronnie to create something if we are going to win it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rooney would've missed those chances whether they were made by fletch or ronnie, y'know? icon_biggrin.gif

the one on one off a sublime fletch through ball was an especially poor miss.

we only need one here and the floodgates should open... [/hopes]

I don't know if anyone is watching a stream of this, because i'm interested to know if Solskjaer is quite as anonymous as he's sounded on the radio. I was going to have words with Nick about that B- anyway.

As for the team, he's had to make some changes, both generally and with 4 games in 10 days. I'm guessing that both Giggs and Ronaldo missing this one means Giggs plays up the middle when Scholes is suspended against Reading. Given him and Vidic missing that one, and that once you accept that we have to rest players at some point, Wigan and Reading at home are the sort of games where we should be resting players. You could argue whether it should be maybe one change less, but overall if we don't get the points today, i'd be saying it's down to the squad being too weak for the challenges it faces rather than Fergie particularly putting out the wrong side today.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I don't know if anyone is watching a stream of this, because i'm interested to know if Solskjaer is quite as anonymous as he's sounded on the radio. I was going to have words with Nick about that B- anyway.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's linked up quite well, but has only looked an attacking threat once or twice. Decent movement to get a header in, and other than that it's been little touches.

Ronaldo just so utterly brilliant. Liverpool conceded at the exact same time as well icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Cronaldo > Rooney

Unfortunately very true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've not seen Rooney's best for a while. On form they're both magnificent - the difference is that Ronnie's been at or near his best for at least a few months now.

The new Eric? [/blasphemous]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Cronaldo > Rooney

Unfortunately very true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

very very true. by miles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at the moment yes icon_cool.gif. such a monsterous player for us at the moment, 10 goals in the league so far what a hero.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

So hang on here, just reading SS live commentary:

Ronaldo comes on

Ronnie scores 2 mins later

Ronnie misses a penno 2 mins later

Ronnie scores again 2 mins later.

WTF? icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was the rebound of the penalty he put in for the second, hth.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

So hang on here, just reading SS live commentary:

Ronaldo comes on

Ronnie scores 2 mins later

Ronnie misses a penno 2 mins later

Ronnie scores again 2 mins later.

WTF? icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He scored from the penalty rebound. It wasn't 2 minutes after the penalty.

Archived