The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Though his performances before then were so bad that you could be forgiven for thinking that he wasn't there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's probably it. icon_biggrin.gif

It just seems like he has been missing for a while now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Though his performances before then were so bad that you could be forgiven for thinking that he wasn't there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He scored against Boro, Benfica and City then looked sharp against West Ham with him and Ronaldo the only players who played well for us. Then against Villa he didn't score or assist but still had a decent game but Fergie probably thought he needed a rest. So I don't know where you have got these very bad recent performances from. icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Doyle to get the winner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SHUT UP

argh icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Martins hat-trick next week imo.

Enough people criticised Ruud in games where he scored goals for us last season, surely the same should apply for Saha. I just don't think his general play has been great recently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His general play seems to have gone downhill since we signed Henke.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

first time we conceeded 2 all season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Celtic at home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

first time in the league then? god damn silvestre and his atrocious face.

i hope he never dons the shirt again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Doomlording >>>>>>> Giddiness </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just a normal fan? Isn't hard to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing wrong with what I do either. Wouldn't have it any other way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

first time we conceeded 2 all season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Celtic at home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

first time in the league then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah.

good stuff today icon14.gif

came to the wall at 1.30pm, where were you clowns? though tbf id only recognise beebeebee.

MotM:

1) Christiano Ronaldo - monster

2) Ryan Giggs - so good when he came on, needed his pace and trickery badly

oh and two other things:

cheering on steven hunt icon_biggrin.gif

top of the united otf league \o/

\O\ he plays on the leeeeeeft \O\

/O/ he plays on the riiiiiiiiight /O/

that boy ronaldo, made yet another team look sh!te \O/

ah, awesome day. got absolutely f**king drenched on the way to the ground and set there shivering my arse off, but it was worth it for that second half performance and the results icon_cool.gif

Ronnie sublime, again. simply unplayable with increasing regularity, end product in spades, playing with a smile on his face. he looks to be absolutely buzzing off his (and the team's) form at the minute, wouldn't swap him for anyone in the world. Carrick, Wes, Rooney and Giggs were all pretty ace too, Ole was in and out of the game but his movement and finishing are still so so class. I'd have actually included Mickey in the 'wp' list until he went and made his obligatory ****-up in the last minute for the SECOND GAME RUNNING. VDS will want to forget today, a Schmeichel-in-Munich-in-the-treble-season-esque error for the first goal, megged for the second - hopefully that any shakiness from him out the way for a while. JOS was average, which is better than usual tbf. Richardson wasn't an utter abomination when he came on as well - one decent bit of tracking back followed by a tackle, a good clearance from a corner, a good through ball for giggs and then getting himself booked for the cause. got booed a bit when he came on though, still deserved.

formalities - motm: ronaldo, 2nd: carrick

reading were pretty good in the first half - took the game to us, played some decent stuff, probably deserved to be level at half-time. couldn't really handle us in the second half though, final scoreline seriously flattered them. quite why we needed to make the last few minutes so nervy i don't know - phfft, wouldn't have it any other way really. as for reading's fans - came with a big reputation, didn't disappoint when their team were on level terms but there wasn't a peep out of them when we were leading, which is ultimately the acid test of a set of supporters. pretty limited repertoire of songs as well, basically very 'championship'. still, noisier than most/all in the away end this season.

monday so so crucial now. 12/12 in this festive run would be HUGE. can't quite see it, sadly

What a great 2nd half. \o/

Ronaldo just magic again but Silvestre just had to make it nervous stuff yet again.

Pretty much everything about the game has been said in here apart from any praise for OGS. I thought that he was great today, chased the ball down from the front, his movement off the ball was superb and he just basically showed signs of his pre injury awesomeness. I was tempted to give him MOTM to be different, but I just can't bring myself to type it.

MOTM: Ronaldo

2nd: OGS

Come on a nice big win against the Geordies.

\o/ funny you've just said that alilaw, good old Kieran.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> LUNCHBOX soccer star Freddie Ljungberg is being given the runaround by his two-timing model lover.

While he gets his kit ON for Arsenal, stunning Anara Atanes has been stripping hers OFF to play away with Man United's Kieran Richardson.

And neither of the Premiership rivals knows about her transfer of affections...until now.

As Freddie, 29, was lasting just six minutes in his team's draw with Portsmouth two weeks ago, Anara brought on her own sub—and secretly flew to New York for a dirty weekend with Kieran, 22.

So while one lover was receiving treatment for a hamstring injury, Anara, 21, was helping the other risk a groin strain.

She told a pal: "I've been having a great Christmas. They're both gorgeous. Freddie's such a gentleman. He's sexy and really knows how to turn a girl on.

"But Kieran's my little rough diamond. He's a bad boy, that's why I like him. We didn't see much of New York, but a lot of our hotel bedroom."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

link

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

What a great 2nd half. \o/

Ronaldo just magic again but Silvestre just had to make it nervous stuff yet again.

Pretty much everything about the game has been said in here apart from any praise for OGS. I thought that he was great today, chased the ball down from the front, his movement off the ball was superb and he just basically showed signs of his pre injury awesomeness. I was tempted to give him MOTM to be different, but I just can't bring myself to type it.

MOTM: Ronaldo

2nd: OGS

Come on a nice big win against the Geordies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the thing with Ole is that he's quite clearly lost a bit of pace with the injuries (and it shows on occasion when chasing balls put in behind the defence etc), but he wasn't the paciest anyway. his movement is still absolutely top notch - he's by far the cleverest forward we have in that sense - and his finishing is as good as ever, so he's a massive asset to have. he doesn't offer as much as Saha overall for obvious age/fitness-related reasons, but what a bonus he's been this season.

re: the red card - thought it was the correct decision, and a fairly easy one to make. the tackle on Gaby was a yellow without question, and from where i was sat he pretty clearly tugs Rooney back, which is a mandatory yellow

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Evra thanks Fergie

Manchester United defender Patrice Evra insists he never considered leaving even when he found it hard to break into the team.

Evra has started to show something of his true form after a difficult start to his Old Trafford career last season.

The Frenchman arrived from Monaco last January, but he struggled to establish himself as a regular in Sir Alex Ferguson's first-team plans.

Evra has emerged as United's first-choice left-back this term and the classy defender has thanked Sir Alex Ferguson for keeping faith in him.

"I never knew Guy Roux, but I believe Alex Ferguson and him have almost the same methods," Evra told L'Equipe.

"Ferguson is very close to his players and protects them. He is the father of our team. He knew I would endure a difficult time at first, but he was thinking to the future. He said: 'Pat, next season I will ask you your best'.

The 25-year-old revealed he never thought of leaving United and he also paid tribute to fellow Frenchmen Louis Saha and Mikael Silvestre for helping him settle into life at Old Trafford

"I never thought about leaving. I am obstinate, leaving would have been a defeat, and asking myself too many questions about my level would have been dangerous.

"I thank Louis Saha and Mika Silvestre for their help. Since the first day, Mika welcomed me and helped me a lot during daily life. I have never saw such a professional player like him."

Evra also revealed that Ferguson has been encouraging him to be more attack-minded.

"I have not changed my style in football, I just feel more powerful than before and that gives me more trust," continued Evra.

"After a match when I didn't take enough attacking risk, Ferguson told me: 'Pat, why did I buy you?' I replied: 'To attack.' He said: 'So, what are you doing?'

"I have to find the right balance, but the technical staff want me to participate in attacks." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So basically Evra's form is down to me :*********)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

re: the red card - thought it was the correct decision, and a fairly easy one to make. the tackle on Gaby was a yellow without question, and from where i was sat he pretty clearly tugs Rooney back, which is a mandatory yellow </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I do agree with what you said there, I think the fact that Rooney was offside and the assistant flagged for this, should have nullified the foul and not produced a 2nd yellow/straight red or whatever it was.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> LUNCHBOX soccer star Freddie Ljungberg is being given the runaround by his two-timing model lover.

While he gets his kit ON for Arsenal, stunning Anara Atanes has been stripping hers OFF to play away with Man United's Kieran Richardson.

And neither of the Premiership rivals knows about her transfer of affections...until now.

As Freddie, 29, was lasting just six minutes in his team's draw with Portsmouth two weeks ago, Anara brought on her own sub—and secretly flew to New York for a dirty weekend with Kieran, 22.

So while one lover was receiving treatment for a hamstring injury, Anara, 21, was helping the other risk a groin strain.

She told a pal: "I've been having a great Christmas. They're both gorgeous. Freddie's such a gentleman. He's sexy and really knows how to turn a girl on.

"But Kieran's my little rough diamond. He's a bad boy, that's why I like him. We didn't see much of New York, but a lot of our hotel bedroom.

"I know it's naughty, both at the same time, but I'm a naughty girl."

Freddie, famous for his Calvin Klein underpants ads. was seen cuddling Anara at a tennis tournament earlier this month. Pals said they seemed very much in love.

But that's football. An opponent gets his tackle in and you lose possession. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wp Kieran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Mika, if we win it, you're not allowed to celebrate. You're banned from celebratory joyfulness. M'Kaay ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roy?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Anyone know what the Reading fans were singing the Christmas 12 days song about, which player? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phil Parkinson. Even though he left almost four years ago.

Good game I thought, played some good football in the first half but the second goal and loosing Murty and the terrible sending off of Sodje icon_biggrin.gif good finish from LL and we've done you a nice favour by holding Chelsea

"I saw what Ferguson was saying before we won at Bolton and I was laughing. I thought the guy was really funny. Maybe even ridiculous. He was saying United would win against Sunderland and then we would lose at Bolton. What can I say? You all know what happened. I didn't bother watching the Sunderland game, though I had a right laugh when I heard United flopped again with that goalless draw. It must have been the ref again or did Ferguson not whinge this time? It's really funny when someone tries to be clever and is humiliated so spectacularly. If I was Ferguson I would stop talking about another team and would concentrate on my team. Like Mourinho does...It took Ferguson seven years to win the League, it took Mourinho eight months. It must have given Ferguson a complex. But they should get used to being second. That's the best they can expect" - Claude Makelele

:*)

Fergie SO sneaky icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> In ref to ronaldo

"He thinks I will owe him some money but I am going to change the bet when he gets to 15.

"I can do that because I am the manager." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie SO sneaky icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> In ref to ronaldo

"He thinks I will owe him some money but I am going to change the bet when he gets to 15.

"I can do that because I am the manager." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived