The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

How many ways can the people at the club say we havent got any money to spend without actually saying it?

I dont doubt we will probably spend big in the summber but the question remains who are we selling to pay for any incoming players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt we will spend big in the summer.

If Hargreaves signs I am sure he will be the main signing, like Carrick last summer.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Chelsea have been rather fortunate. Carvalho and Drogba both picked up their 5th bookings of the season last night meaning one game bans, but they'll both miss the first leg of the carling cup semi rather than a league game. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really think that was fortunate?

Remember Beckham

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Chelsea have been rather fortunate. Carvalho and Drogba both picked up their 5th bookings of the season last night meaning one game bans, but they'll both miss the first leg of the carling cup semi rather than a league game. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember Beckham </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i didn't see the game, so i can't comment on that.

3 keepers, 8 defenders, 7 midfielders and 5 forwards

Peter Schmeichel, Les Sealey, Raymond Van Der Gouw

Paul McGrath, Arthur Albiston, Gary Neville, Denis Irwin, Rio Ferdinand, Jaap Stam, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister

David Beckham, Andrei Kanchelskis, Roy Keane, Bryan Robson, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo, Norman Whiteside

Eric Cantona, Mark Hughes, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Wayne Rooney

Schmeichel, VDS, Van Der Gouw

Bruce, Pallister, G.Neville, Irwin, Parker, Ferdinand, Stam, Parker

Keane, Giggs, Kanchelskis, Scholes, Beckham, Ronaldo, Sharpe

Cantona, Hughes, Van Nistelrooy, Solskjaer, Rooney

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Schmeichel, VDS, Van Der Gouw

Bruce, Pallister, G.Neville, Irwin, Parker, Ferdinand, Stam

Keane, Giggs, Kanchelskis, Scholes, Beckham, Ronaldo, Sharpe

Cantona, Hughes, Van Nistelrooy, Solskjaer, Rooney </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sub - Parker

In - Johnsen

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Remember Beckham </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i didn't see the game, so i can't comment on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, they both mouthed off after an incident and got yellows for their troubles.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Fran Kuzui, 1992: great cast(I don't care what anyone says I like Luke Perry and David Arquette, so what?!)... also rutger hauer, paul reubens, and donald sutherland. Let me point out right off that I hate the television show with a passion. Sarah Michelle Gellar sucks, the writing sucks, there is no gore, there is macabre, there is nothing, just another half-assed 'charmed' piece of sci-fi wierdo ****. The movie on the other hand, is fantastic and fun. They maintain(unlike the show) throughout the whole high school cheerleader as a vampire slayer gag, and it works. The other thing that surprised me was the fact that it was a straight vampire story... no ghouls or witches or spells or superweapons or any of that horse **** the television show does(i mentioned 'charmed'-like before). There is gore, wooden stakes, and scenes at graveyards, the vampires are vampires with no other special powers, they are creepy, and lots of teenagers die, very funny movie, with a decent story.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> A good run of victories, away form improved, the new boys are starting to settle in, both Chelsea and Man Utd have shown some weakness in the past two weeks ...

I know what you're thinking, "don't do it, don't do it, the hope will will kill you!"

But I'm going to say it anyway

If we maintain our current form, beat the big teams at home and sign the right player(s) in January, is pegging back a 14 point lead the impossible task it is being made out to be? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bless

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

you'll be laughing on the other side of your face </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that makes less sense than james

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

That’s citeh level giddiness </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh!

Top 6 finish for us this season icon_mad.gif

Until we lose the next 3 games on the spin!

Read the Andy Mitten book over the last couple of days...really enjoyed it icon14.gif

For anyone else that has read it...did it feel like the last chapter (BFR) wasn't an interview, but just pieces from an autobigraphy? The language didn't sound right for a conversation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I refuse to take the word of a website promoting both the son of God and internet smilies at the same time.

It's daft anyway, I laugh on both sides of my face because I've never been in a farming accident. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

look, it's an expression. stop being weird just because liverpool have arrived to steal your title.

Jorge Mendes said that during the height of Ronaldo's unpopularity among English fans after the World Cup he contacted the Catalan giants to discuss a move.

"I offered the player to Barca, but they told me that they were going to sign Thierry Henry and so rejected a possible deal," Mendes is quoted in El Mundo Deportivo.

Henry decided to stay at Arsenal and there has been a recent clamour in the Catalan press for the Spanish champions to sign Sir Alex Ferguson's prize asset.

"Right now Cristiano is happy in English football," Mendes added. "There is no pressure to force his exit.

"He is 21 years old, a Portuguese international and in an extraordinary moment of form.

"At these heights it is practically impossible that the player could sign for Barcelona because Manchester [united] would not give him away for all the gold in the world."

and so it begins.

saha, I still love you, just ben was right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Master Blasta:

Has anyone read Andy Mittens book, We're the Famous Man United? If so is it any good? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought it my dad for Christmas, he hasn't read much though, Nick OGS20 has it too iirc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

WSR, you are cordially invited to the wall on Sunday to enjoy some fine (Fosters) beer with us and to engage in some intelligent conversation,

yours

BBB - Co wall founder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The beer's pretty likely to be there, i wouldn't hold out much hope on any other claims.

How would you know, OLE hater </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that's the level we're talking, i rest my case.

Archived