The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Jorge Mendes said that during the height of Ronaldo's unpopularity among English fans after the World Cup he contacted the Catalan giants to discuss a move.

"I offered the player to Barca, but they told me that they were going to sign Thierry Henry and so rejected a possible deal," Mendes is quoted in El Mundo Deportivo.

Henry decided to stay at Arsenal and there has been a recent clamour in the Catalan press for the Spanish champions to sign Sir Alex Ferguson's prize asset.

"Right now Cristiano is happy in English football," Mendes added. "There is no pressure to force his exit.

"He is 21 years old, a Portuguese international and in an extraordinary moment of form.

"At these heights it is practically impossible that the player could sign for Barcelona because Manchester [united] would not give him away for all the gold in the world."

and so it begins.

saha, I still love you, just ben was right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shouldn't that be illegal?

I see a max of 3 years until Ronaldo is left out of the Carling Cup Final and a rift between him and Fergie will appear.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Can I borrow it? I'll exchange you for the O'Neil book you lent to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Red Army General? My dad also has that, I think I started reading it but got bored of it because I had nothing to relate to it, way before my time and everything.

The wall? Don't have a clue where that is, can't go Saturday anyway, meeting some Villa fans who got us tickets for the league away game.

When are Spurs ballot results out?

Just thinking….why is it that this thread is a comparatively friendly place where we all get along, have constructive discussions and generally respect our fellow reds? The Liverpool thread by contract is constantly punctuated by dissent and is full of personal attacks / abuse and arguments about everything and anything.

I think it’s probably that we’ve simply got a core of level headed intelligent posters like me Nick and Saha who keep the rabble in order. The rest of you simply know your place and nod along. Because OTF doesn’t have any Liverpool posters of equivalent prestige it’s run along the lines of a toxteth playground.

Start of the wall, it's an emotional story. It all started with Shareholders United, it was me, Nick and Jules who said we'd meet up, the natural place was the SU tent which was at the wall. It all stemmed from there.

brb gonna cry icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Who is on beer duty this weekend?

I’m bringing cheesecake (hopefully). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha icon_biggrin.gif, we should start bringing buffet food, no saha not buffy.

Keith is, Fosters it is

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlacKouT:

http://www.manutd.com/publish.sps?pagegid=%7BFE60904B-C...rProfile&bioid=92582

hmmmm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you change the last number in that link you get a bunch of other randomers too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm!?

Keepers: Peter Schmeichel, Edwin Van Der Sar, Alex Stepney

Defenders: Gary Neville, Denis Irwin, Rio Ferdinand, Jaap Stam, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister, Martin Buchan, Paul Parker

Midfielders: Nobby Stiles, George Best, Roy Keane, Bobby Charlton, Bryan Robson, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo

Forwards: Eric Cantona, Denis Law, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Tweaked three times before I was happy.

Pick the bones outa that lot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Just thinking….why is it that this thread is a comparatively friendly place where we all get along, have constructive discussions and generally respect our fellow reds? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's because keyser hasn't posted in ages.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Eddie's going to win this, because he gets to include Best, Law, Charlton and Duncan Edwards icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did my list before reading this. icon_smile.gif

Duncan was before my time, I'm very sad to say. I was 2½ when he died.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

If you had to pick a 23 man squad from Man Utd players you had seen play in your lifetime who would be in it?

3 keepers, 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 forwards.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GK: Schmeical, Van Der Gouw, Van Der Sar

Defence: G.Neville, Jaap Stam, Henning Berg, Nemanja Vidic, Ronny Johnsen, Gabriel Heinze, Dennis Irwin, P. Neville

Midfield: Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Cristiano Ronaldo, Jesper Blomqvist,Kanchelskis, Paul Ince, Ryan Giggs

Attack: Ruud Van Nistlerooy, Eric Cantona, Ole Solskjaer, Wayne Rooney, Andy Cole

Got Villa cup tickets today \o/ , although in South Stand up £39 each /o\. Serves me right really waiting this long. icon_frown.gif

GKs

Schmeichel

van der Sar

van der Gouw

Ds

Gary Neville

Stam

Ferdinand

Irwin

Parker

Bruce

Pallister

Johnsen

Ms

Beckham

Giggs

Scholes

Kanchelskis

Sharpe

Keane

Robson

Ronaldo

Ss

van Nistelrooy

OGS

Cantona

Rooney or Andy Cole (can't decide - I loved Andy Cole)

Got Wycombe vs Chelsea icket today \o/ £14, bargain!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Keepers: Peter Schmeichel, Edwin Van Der Sar, Alex Stepney

Defenders: Gary Neville, Denis Irwin, Rio Ferdinand, Jaap Stam, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister, Martin Buchan, Paul Parker

Midfielders: Nobby Stiles, George Best, Roy Keane, Bobby Charlton, Bryan Robson, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo

Forwards: Eric Cantona, Denis Law, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Tweaked three times before I was happy.

Pick the bones outa that lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think I need a couple more left backs.

when i rang them, some lovely lady answered and suggested i would get some joy from manchester central library as in using the microfilm there. which is fair enough and i bet ill have to do that but time is of the essence here and as im working everyweek day so not really able to get there, it would have been well convenient to find the info online.

balls.

Who is on beer duty this weekend?

I’m bringing cheesecake (hopefully). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moi is bringing a case of Fosters.

I also have some left over Xmas cake too, i say left over Dad gave me an entire Xmas Cake when i left to come home on monday and so far i've only had a wee bit of it.

Archived