The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

**** OFF YOU **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

and ahahahaha "The first eleven know that there’s me and others players breathing down their necks and that is hopefully going to get the best out of everyone"

if there was ANYTHING that would make me get slack and think my place was guaranteed it would be the fact that Richardson was my back up

he is the one person I just completely want to leave the club entirely so I never ever have to see his face again.

O'Shea I will always have some appreciation for because at least he was great - one year. Silvestre was pretty decent for a time and has done some good things down the years.

Richardson has NEVER been anything more than lower league level sh*te and all he's done is score a couple of long rangers - even they dont always deserve to go in.

The fact that even now he's worse than Silvestre/O'Shea/combined sums it up.

Die.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

and ahahahaha "The first eleven know that there’s me and others players breathing down their necks and that is hopefully going to get the best out of everyone"

if there was ANYTHING that would make me get slack and think my place was guaranteed it would be the fact that Richardson was my back up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly I nearly highlighted that too icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">was there not a number 5 between Sharpe and Johnsen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I know this because the first United shirt I had with my name on had the number 5 on, and that was because it had been vacated by Sharpe, Johnsen took the number 5 in the CL games, while still wearing 19 in the league.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

here's a question

list all the players who have officially worn each 1-11 squad number since they were introduced. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm gonna go with this. not entirely sure about 5 & 6, but I'm sure Blanc switched from one to the other when we signed Rio.

1 - Schmeichel, Bosnich, Barthez, van der Sar

2 - Parker, Neville G

3 - Irwin, Neville P, Evra

4 - Bruce, May, Veron, Heinze

5 - Sharpe, Johnsen, Blanc, Ferdinand

6 - Pallister, Stam, Blanc, Brown

7 - Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo

8 - Ince, Butt, Rooney

9 - McClair, Cole, Saha

10 - Hughes, Beckham, Sheringham, van Nistelrooy

11 - Giggs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't Robbo have the 7 before Cantona ? Can't remember Eric's first number. icon_frown.gif

I'm looking now, though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

Do you lot have a show on this Channel M thing ?

Apparently we are getting one from Feb.

Not got a clue how to get the channel like, but are they any good ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>United don't

City and FC United do

You can watch the FC show online www.fcum.tv

First I knew of Channel M was in my second year at Uni when it randomly got picked up by my aerial (Mates 200m down the road were able to pick up welsh footy channels icon_biggrin.gif).

Got it on NTL now too but it's usually crap that's on there. Everytime I turn it over its going on about shopping in Manchester or some such crap.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(Mates 200m down the road were able to pick up welsh footy channels Big Grin). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to be able to pick up the Welsh BBC that showed all the national games. Think someone must have knocked the ariel because it's a bit fuzzy these days

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

Do you lot have a show on this Channel M thing ?

Apparently we are getting one from Feb.

Not got a clue how to get the channel like, but are they any good ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can get it on terrestrial, just tune your tv, you might need a decent ariel though. The reception is generally pretty bad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

channel m's rubbish. i used to work for them, not sure what it's like now but the programmes we made back then i wouldn't force my worst enemy to watch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like you've ever had a job icon_rolleyes.gif

Just for Nick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Jones opens door to Wales career

Derby County's new £1m signing David Jones says he has not yet decided where his national allegiance lies.

The 22-year-old midfielder, who completed his move from Manchester United on Thursday, is eligible to play for both Wales and England.

Jones has played once for England Under-21s in a non-competitive match, meaning he could still play for Wales.

"I definitely have not closed the door on possibly playing for Wales one day," Jones told the Daily Post.

"I've turned down a couple of England get-togethers recently because I want to establish myself as a club regular before I think about anything else.

"It was difficult going away on international duty when I wasn't playing regularly at United.

"But I'm not impatient about that at the moment. I want to do well for Derby County first and foremost and the rest is for the future."

Ironically, Jones' first appearance as an official Derby player will be against the club he joined as a nine-year-old and once supported - Wrexham.

The Dragons have a proud history of FA Cup shocks, and Jones was at the Racecourse in 1992 to witness their biggest upset of all as Brian Flynn's side knocked Arsenal out in the third round.

He experienced the unpredictability of the Cup himself 13 years later when he played the full 90 minutes in Man Utd's 0-0 draw with non-league Exeter City at Old Trafford.

"It just shows what can happen in the Cup and proves that what on paper looks an easy game is never the case," said Jones, who had been on loan at Derby from Man Utd since November.

"Wrexham have a great history in the competition and nowadays every Football League team is well organised and difficult to break down.

"So everyone at Derby is aware that we will need to be top of our game to go through to the next round." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

12:55am ESPN D508 - Live FA Cup: Manchester United vs Aston Villa

\o/

ok, so we'll have to listen to tommy ****ing smyth with a why, but it's better than nowt... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I quite liked "01:25 - 01:30 Chelsea vs. Macclesfield"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Just for Nick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Jones opens door to Wales career

Derby County's new £1m signing David Jones says he has not yet decided where his national allegiance lies.

The 22-year-old midfielder, who completed his move from Manchester United on Thursday, is eligible to play for both Wales and England.

Jones has played once for England Under-21s in a non-competitive match, meaning he could still play for Wales.

"I definitely have not closed the door on possibly playing for Wales one day," Jones told the Daily Post.

"I've turned down a couple of England get-togethers recently because I want to establish myself as a club regular before I think about anything else.

"It was difficult going away on international duty when I wasn't playing regularly at United.

"But I'm not impatient about that at the moment. I want to do well for Derby County first and foremost and the rest is for the future."

Ironically, Jones' first appearance as an official Derby player will be against the club he joined as a nine-year-old and once supported - Wrexham.

The Dragons have a proud history of FA Cup shocks, and Jones was at the Racecourse in 1992 to witness their biggest upset of all as Brian Flynn's side knocked Arsenal out in the third round.

He experienced the unpredictability of the Cup himself 13 years later when he played the full 90 minutes in Man Utd's 0-0 draw with non-league Exeter City at Old Trafford.

"It just shows what can happen in the Cup and proves that what on paper looks an easy game is never the case," said Jones, who had been on loan at Derby from Man Utd since November.

"Wrexham have a great history in the competition and nowadays every Football League team is well organised and difficult to break down.

"So everyone at Derby is aware that we will need to be top of our game to go through to the next round." </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My ganz neu database is out of feckin' date. icon_eek.gif Sort It Out, NOGST

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

channel m's rubbish. i used to work for them, not sure what it's like now but the programmes we made back then i wouldn't force my worst enemy to watch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like you've ever had a job icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've had loads icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Jones has forced his way ahead of Scholes and Fletcher in my United team on FM, him and Carrick to dominate English and European football for years to come (otherwise Nick is in deep trouble) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So he's as utterly overrated on FM as he is in here?

So he turned down international meetups to establish himself as a club player first. That makes me wonder even more why Ferguson never gave him a fuller crack before offloading him. Seems like the kind of player he would love putting club before country.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

Hello.

Is Bardsley **** then? More to the point, is he any shitter than Aaron Hughes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

g'day.

yes. probably not.

Archived