Brentford v Sunderland

Manchester City v Wigan

Everton v Chelsea

Preston v Crystal Palace

West Ham v Blackburn

Colchester v Derby

Charlton v Leyton Orient

Wolves v Manchester United

Ties to be played on the weekend of the 28/29 January.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fred_the_Red:

Aston Villa v Port Vale </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're still in the cup \o/

lol sorry

Arsenal v Bolton

West Ham v Watford

Bristol or Coventry v Hull or Boro

Chelsea v Nottm Forest

Chester or Ipswich v Swansea

Cardiff or Spurs v Southend or Barnsley

Barnet or Colchester v Peterbrough or Plymouth

Brum or Newcastle v Reading or Burnley

Derby v Bristol Rovers

Sheff Weds or Man City v Southampton

Crystal Palace v Preston

Manchester United v Portsmouth

Blackpool v Norwich

QPR or Luton v Blackburn

Wolves or Oldham v WBA

Leicester or Fulham v Stoke

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Does anyone know the status of Rossi? His loan was supposed to end of the 31st of December but since then i havent heard a thing about him. He doesnt even get included with the first team squad which is a bit strange considering he was in them all before his loan move. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's not been included in the 16, but like i said before, for home games there is no 'squad' named as such so there's nothing to say he's not been in contention and just narrowly missed the 16.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Nick/Taz etc seem to think that Simpson is the future for DR, but then Nick thought that Jones would be the new Keane so who knows. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

almost worthy of a rolleyes. i'll settle for icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

i think oshea is a really popular member of the squad. loads of players that leave always seem to say that theyre still in contact with him (sheasy this, sheasy that) so ive decided hes brought on to tell the lads a few jokes and keep spirits high.

wp jos, unsung hero. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that's what he's in for, maybe we should go the whole hog and hire the real Peter Kay?

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh great, pompey at home, ****ing hell, another game with daytrippers galore /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aw come on, Fred_The_Red will have fun

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh great, pompey at home, ****ing hell, another game with daytrippers galore /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aw come on, Fred_The_Red will have fun </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah see the last page, he'll be at Wolves.

Last chance saloon imo. He's got an attitude problem as Le Guen found, he's got a reputation of being an arrogant ****** as well, walking around like jack the lad.

Playing wise, thought he was pretty good cover for Gaz Neville when he played last season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

i think oshea is a really popular member of the squad. loads of players that leave always seem to say that theyre still in contact with him (sheasy this, sheasy that) so ive decided hes brought on to tell the lads a few jokes and keep spirits high.

wp jos, unsung hero. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that's what he's in for, maybe we should go the whole hog and hire the real Peter Kay? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JOS' shirts would be a bit baggy on him

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arenaross:

Oh. icon_frown.gif

I was under the impression your lot rated him quite highly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he was very good when he stood in for Nev last season, stepped up into the first team and looked like he'd been there for years. he's a good tackler, really likes to get stuck in, he's decent positionally for a young defender, not too bad on the ball and good in the air for his height (started out as a centre back with us). from his loan spell at Rangers it seems he can hit a decent free-kick as well.

on the flipside, he's not great going forward, he can be a bit hot-headed and has had his share of injuries, and then there's the attitude that BBB alluded to - there were rumblings of discontent even before the fall-out with Le Guen at Rangers, think he let his 'breakthrough' go to his head a bit last season. hopefully MON can knock that out of him.

he's got the potential to be a very good premiership defender if he applies himself, MON might just be the guy to get that application from him.

Interesting, thanks guys. Sounds like a good deal all round then as it's only a loan move. As you pointed out MON has a good record of getting the best out of players so we shall see.

We really need a new right-back quite urgently anyway, so I'm pretty pleased with the news.

Mart why have you changed your location to Taz for researcher instead of Nick?

Also on the issue of daytrippers.

I know I don't get up to nearly as many games as I'd like (much TO blame/hatred), but when I do turn up I like to think I make a vocal contribution, and while the image of a daytripper that doesn't contribute to matchday atmosphere is pretty well established or cornered by various different guises (Oriental/Scandinavian tourists, Megastore families, women in general...), I'm going to say that based on my experience yesterday you really can't tell sometimes and the regular match-going supporters in certain areas can be/are just as bad.

I say this because when I turned up yesterday the guy in the seat next to mine was this massive local guy, piercings, probably plenty of body art, an old-school scarf with every single United pin you can imagine stuck onto it. My initial thoughts - this guy must be a hardcore red. The most I heard from him all game was the odd mutter of "c'mon Ronaldo" or a sigh of annoyance when Rooney miscontrolled the ball. Hell the two kids behind me with there dad made more of a contribution.

Anyway, its not like he was the only one but there is a lethargy amoung our support in general at times thats dissapointing but other than investing in some sort of orchestrated singing campaign I'm not sure how you fix it for lower key matches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

aw come on, Fred_The_Red will have fun </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh? Excuse me, but how many matches have you been to this season?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Seems some Celtic fans went today </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RI? King of kings 17? What an idiot, Liverpool fan too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye icon_biggrin.gif, what's your name on there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

United91 - don't go on much though.

Pompey at home is a bit of a rubbish draw, compared to some aways we could have got. Not complaining though, as we could have got a team like Blackpool at home.

3700 tickets for Lille, 3500 at 30euros and 200 at 70euros. One United Members can apply for them, can't really see us selling the whole 3700 tbh.

Happy with the draw. Really pleased to have a home tie. Arsenal v Bolton the tie of the round though.

And lets all hope Villa buy Bardsley. As Nick says really hes a good defender but pretty crap going forward and the billy big ******** attitude really ****s me off when a player has done **** all but play a hand full of games in the first team.

• Administrators

Some Chelsea fans are trying this out at a coupla coming up home games, they've picked Shed Lower, a coupla thousand can fit there, and are trying to publicise it as a game to get tickets there and to be ready/willing to sing etc

It'll be interesting to see how it works (if at all) but definitely start small and let it expand naturally.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I'm not writing off Bardsley just yet, lets see how he gets on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those transfer funds have been building son and we all know Fergie is going to buy Micah Richards to replace Nev so Bardsley can kindly go away.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> FERGUSON LOOKING FOR DOUBLE TREBLE

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted he is setting his sights on a remarkable treble - eight years after he last led Manchester United to the feat.

United are still in with a chance of glory in the Champions League and the Barclays Premiership and completed a 3-1 win over Aston Villa on Sunday to reach the fourth round of the FA Cup.

United famously won all three competitions in 1999 and many pundits predicted it would be a once-in-lifetime achievement for the Scot.

But with a six-point lead over Chelsea in the league and a two-leg clash with unfancied Lille standing between them and a place in the last eight of the Champions League, Ferguson is ready to try again.

Ferguson said: "We must have a go at it (the treble).

"There is no point in being negative, let's enjoy it.

"We have a good squad of players and are playing some terrific football."

Domestically, Ferguson is pleased to have maintained his side's lead over the reigning champions and expects United to improve even more in the second part of the season.

"We need to achieve consistency over the second half of the campaign," he added

"Historically we do okay at this point. In the past, even if we have been erratic earlier in the season, we seem to have drawn a second wind.

"I am sure our present position will drive us on even more. We are pleased to be where we are.

"We are here for the long haul plus we have youth and strength on our side. We are fully capable of winning the championship."

Despite his confidence, Ferguson is already awaiting the Chelsea backlash.

"Chelsea will come back at us. The key is our own form and what we do ourselves.

"If we do it right, we do not need to keep looking over our shoulder."

Striker Louis Saha is expected to return to training this week following a groin strain and could come into contention at the weekend as Villa face United for the second time in a week.

Goalkeeper Edwin Van der Sar and Paul Scholes look certain to return to the side after being rested for the FA Cup game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's us screwed then icon_frown.gif

couple of points from last page.

Taz - Rooney's all round play has been far from 'crap'. Many times his play outside the area and in deep positions has been of a very good standard. He's clearly completely lost in front of goal atm but he's not getting the breaks either. Him needing a rest is rubbish imo. Once one goes in I reckon he'll be fine.

Also I'm quite a supporter of Carrick but I didn't think he was particularly great at all yesterday. Seemed to be some misplaced passes under no pressure, losing out in tackles showing a lack of strength, and not really creating much aside from that one VERY nice pass to Larsson in first half.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

we'll let him do the treble only if he promises to retire after this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why exactly? the notion that there is someone better out there to manage us right now and that fergie is somehow deadwood is frankly ridiculous. i hope you are joking

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

we'll let him do the treble only if he promises to retire after this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why exactly? the notion that there is someone better out there to manage us right now and that fergie is somehow deadwood is frankly ridiculous. i hope you are joking </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mourinho will be available icon_wink.gif

if he were somehow able to pull off a treble with this squad then I don't think you could justify wanting him to leave under any circumstances. If Chelsea implode as they are looking like they might next summer, then you have to say we'd be favourites for the league with Fergie, and for him to win 10 titles would be great before he retires, another european cup along the way would be a bonus, I can't see him going on past the end of next season though. As it'll virtually be the end of Neville, Scholes, Giggs by then, so it'd be as good a time as any to bring someone else in. By then there might be an obvious replacement too. Le Guen is out of the picture atm, O'Neill has a lot of work to do, Hughes hasn't done enough yet, Hiddink looks like he's going to Chelsea, if not he'll be staying with Russia.

Who knows, by the end of next season Keane might be ready icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

/o\

Winning any one of the trophies we're still involved in competing for would still be a good season imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really time a CL or league was delivered. FA cup would be nice, but those are the big 2.

Archived