The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the 94 cup final was great because it was such a microcosm of emotions. Dull and nervy first half followed by the whole 'penalty \o/ - Goal \o/ - \o/ PENALTY \o/ - \o/ GOAL \o/ - HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHEEEEEESSSSSSS' in 6 or 7 minutes. We went from parity to having the cup in the bag in such a short space of time.

Back when motson was a half decent commentator as well. Evoked the match atmosphere so much better.

'Oh he's given another one!'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Back when motson was a half decent commentator as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must have been a long time ago.

Danny Simpson has joined Keanos revolution up in the NE. Loan til the end of the season.

http://www.safc.com/news?page_id=11578

Sunderland are literally turning into a Man Utd past and future side.

He's got a good chance of starting a large majority of the games. Whitehead has been playing RB, but is really a CM/MR. Sunderland also just sold Caldwell to Burnley so there should be plenty of chances at RB/CB.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

These clowns don't deserve it.

I'll post a saha autograph instead WOW all 12 goals \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

Interesting news on Simpson, sounds good for him icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

So the fact that people don't rate Ruud as highly as you do, or are annoyed at him for being a lying, decietful gobsh*te means that they're also happy with Saha?

People have to automatically like Saha becuase they dislike Ruud? Is that the rule now?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

Funnily enough I would take a draw to get you back to our place... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is, no disrespect to Portsmouth but the biggest fear I have in these sorts of games is what Fergie will do with the team. He's generally been better recently but there's always the chance that he'll shuffle the team about and play the likes of Richardson and O'Shea. We'll see I guess.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Actually given that we have Watford on Weds, it's a certainty that he'll rest players in one of the games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

POMPEY KTHX

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Ryan not allowed to celebrate when Saha scores the winner in the Champions League final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he wont celebrate anyway he'll be too busy mourning ruud

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Cantona backs Man Utd for title

Eric Cantona

Cantona has been impressed with Cristiano Ronaldo

Manchester United legend Eric Cantona is certain the Old Trafford side will win the Premiership this season.

"For sure they will be champions," Cantona told the BBC's North West Tonight programme.

"It's a new era, a new generation. They have a great team but they have a lot to prove. They need to do it.

"United have been brave from the start and have a good atmosphere, where they work very well with young players like Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo."

Interview: Ex-Man Utd forward Eric Cantona

Cantona praised manager Sir Alex Ferguson for the rebuilding he has carried out at old Trafford and establishing a team to challenge for the title.

Ronaldo needed to have experience and score goals - now he has that and is a world-class player

Eric Cantona

"Ferguson is the kind of manager who can help the greatest player with a lot of experience and also help the young players," Cantona said.

"Not all managers can do that, but he can do that and find the balance on the pitch to have a strong team."

The 40-year-old Frenchman has also been impressed with the heir to his number seven shirt at United, Cristiano Ronaldo.

"He needed to have experience and to score goals - now he has that and is a world-class player," Cantona said.

He said he was not surprised the Old Trafford faithful had stood behind Ronaldo, despite the Portuguese winger's role in Wayne Rooney's sending off in the World Cup quarter-final against England.

"It can be difficult in another club than Manchester United," Cantona said.

"But the fans of United are very faithful and behind you, they are the best. He plays for United and is one of the members of the family." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

So the fact that people don't rate Ruud as highly as you do, or are annoyed at him for being a lying, decietful gobsh*te means that they're also happy with Saha?

People have to automatically like Saha becuase they dislike Ruud? Is that the rule now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm uber glad you believe everything the press says gregg icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't believe everything the press says, but i'm familiar enough with it to be able to make an educated guess towards a situation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

the fa cup is **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** off

though rest players in this ahead of league game definitely.

and yeah the curse ftl/ftw/whatever - it'll happen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Gonch praising an ex-player icon_eek.gif

*rage/fume/outrage*

You praise Cantona, I'll praise Ruud, no arguments, no problems \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Recent mentions of Eric, genuinely regarded as one of the top 3 players in United's history - 1

Recent mentions of Ruud, decent goalscorer who was probably a bit of a mercenary, acted like a spoilt child, was detrimental to our team as a whole and now taps up our current players - 3,726

Gonch praising an ex-player icon_eek.gif

*rage/fume/outrage*

You praise Cantona, I'll praise Ruud, no arguments, no problems \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Recent mentions of Eric, genuinely regarded as one of the top 3 players in United's history - 1

Recent mentions of Ruud, decent goalscorer who was probably a bit of a mercenary, acted like a spoilt child, was detrimental to our team as a whole and now taps up our current players - 3,726 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What rubbish.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm not going on Saturday, cba with the souless daytripping ***** icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Harsh on ACou icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hero of the Day:

Danny Simpson has joined Keanos revolution up in the NE. Loan til the end of the season.

http://www.safc.com/news?page_id=11578

Sunderland are literally turning into a Man Utd past and future side.

He's got a good chance of starting a large majority of the games. Whitehead has been playing RB, but is really a CM/MR. Sunderland also just sold Caldwell to Burnley so there should be plenty of chances at RB/CB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

any idea what squad number he'll take?

should do well for you, he's almost as highly-rated as Evans and one of our most promising young'uns. very very quick, good going forward and a pretty decent tackler.

Gah that'll learn me, I didn't actually bother to look at who posted that. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I will stop now though, it's probably getting as tiresome as O'Shea vs Silvestre icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm not going on Saturday, cba with the souless daytripping ***** icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lies. you sold your ticket to fund your kitkat habit.

on that bombshell, is anyone bothering with the wall on saturday? if this loser isn't coming, i don't want to turn up at 4 (ok, 5) and find no-one there and no beer to drink.

down with this Ruud abuse btw. deceitful lying gobsh*te? pathetic talk

Archived