The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not this one again

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tottenham aren't the only club whose efforts at bettering themselves are being undermined by Arsenal this week. According to the Sun, the Gunners are also trying to wreck Manchester United's bid for Deportivo La Coruna "ace" Aldo Duscher: "Guns Dusch Rush," roars the headline, rendering further explanation as unnecessary as a bra on a bull.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Gonch praising an ex-player icon_eek.gif

*rage/fume/outrage*

You praise Cantona, I'll praise Ruud, no arguments, no problems \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i praise all ex players you buffoon, i just dont dedicate my life to them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither do I?

Jesus Christ.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Not this one again

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tottenham aren't the only club whose efforts at bettering themselves are being undermined by Arsenal this week. According to the Sun, the Gunners are also trying to wreck Manchester United's bid for Deportivo La Coruna "ace" Aldo Duscher: "Guns Dusch Rush," roars the headline, rendering further explanation as unnecessary as a bra on a bull.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart texting Nick telling him that we had signed Duscher in the summer was > *

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

Gonch praising an ex-player icon_eek.gif

*rage/fume/outrage*

You praise Cantona, I'll praise Ruud, no arguments, no problems \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i praise all ex players you buffoon, i just dont dedicate my life to them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither do I?

Jesus Christ. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I don't think we're allowed to sell him again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do the Glazer's know this?

I get the feeling they still think a draft might be implemented for next season so they can save money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

so how does a £50m profit tie in with an annual interest charge of £62m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The £50m profit is after the loan charge.

Mike Riley reffing tomorrow, mon a couple of penalties. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's gone the other way now, he never gives us anything.

Can someone explain this for me please.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Operating profit for the 12 months to 30 June 2006 was £49.7m ($98m), against a £46.1m profit in the prior reporting period, which only covered 11 months. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Profit before tax was £30.8m, up from £10.8m, with £12m of that secured from the sale of Nigerian youngster Jon Obi Mikel to Chelsea.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And PJ, operating profit is supposed to be before deducting interest payments and tax.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

so how does a £50m profit tie in with an annual interest charge of £62m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The £50m profit is after the loan charge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where do you get that from?

Because the figure it's being compared to will have been a pre-tax profit.

To be able to pay off the loan and post a £50m profit would have required a huge jump in revenue?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Where do you get that from?

Because the figure it's being compared to will have been a pre-tax profit.

To be able to pay off the loan and post a £50m profit would have required a huge jump in revenue? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. Turnover is only £167m.

In case you missed it on the last page, operating profit is before interest payments. What i don't get is how there is then another figure of £30m profit, and how that relates?

Sorry where is this article pulled from?

I swear the Ceefax, Teletext and this article have all, and god knows how they've done it, managed to misrepresent the figures and the implications of this report.

Idiots.

And did anyone see Gill's quotes about wishing he could implement a more bonus related wage structure at the club? Martin O'Neill made similar comments about Villa today as well actually. Clearly more likely at Villa Park than at our place.

pj for someone who supposedly has an accounting degree you know **** all icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

jesus christ 64000 season ticket holders? with another 10000 to be hassled and whored out to until they cave in and buy one as well.

no wonder I cant/wont get a frigging game.

just die icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cannot believe we have that many season ticket holders.

Considering East tier 2 is used by away fans in cup games they cannot be season ticket seats plus the normal area in the South East corner for away fans in league games.

I would have though more around 56-58,000 season tickets personally. However if it is true then it does explain my chubbing for every home game apart from Celtic this season icon_biggrin.gif

Plus with that 10,000 strong waiting list I will never get a season ticket now icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I think in an effort to cut costs they should make wages strictly performance related. Then Kieran Richardson would owe us a fair bit of money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vidic would be bankrupting us though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I think in an effort to cut costs they should make wages strictly performance related. Then Kieran Richardson would owe us a fair bit of money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what this man said

Personally, I think that it would help football finances across the board, but I don't know how you'd go about implementing it with this generation of players.

If clubs could orchestrate this as a standard operating proceedure for Academy graduates becoming first year pro's in the next year or two it might be possible to establish a new trend but outside of that I'm not sure that there are a host of viable options.

If I remember George Graham tried to implement something like this during his time at Spurs but I'm not sure if it was successful or not.

I must apologise, I was going off the Sky Sports saying than the profit after all deductions was the £47.9m figure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So....back to my original point. How does a £50m+ loan repayment get serviced on a £30m profit?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Wenger jibes are "nonsense"

Sir Alex Ferguson admits he is concerned by United's tendency to leak goals in the final quarter of games, but has hit back at Arsene Wenger's claims over the Reds' lack of stamina.

Following United's dramatic 2-1 defeat at the Emirates Stadium last Sunday, Gunners' midfielder Mathieu Flamini revealed how Wenger claimed the Reds would tire after 70 minutes during his half-time team talk.

Sir Alex has refuted those accusations, insisting he is perfectly happy with the players' fitness levels.

"I am not sure what his point was," mused the United chief. "Maybe he was trying to make himself look great again - 'I am the great Arsene Wenger'.

"But when you look at the stats, his comments are a load of nonsense and I find it a bit petty that he came out with them."

However, the Reds' boss admits he is keen to address his side's worrying habit of conceding late goals.

"You can analyse it in a lot of different ways," reasoned Sir Alex. "Maybe when we are in winning positions we relax and take our foot off the pedal a little bit.

"That has happened two or three times. At Newcastle, their equaliser was a deflected shot, which is pure bad luck.

"Against Arsenal it was a lack of concentration. We were in a winning position and we were all gutted at the end of the match.

"But, in terms of the stamina side of it, it was absolute nonsense. If they had lost the game 1-0, as they should have done, what could Arsene have said then?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Fergie but you're talking a fair bit of rubbish there. Newcastle's equaliser wasn't "pure bad luck" at all, it was coming as we had stopped playing after going 2-1 up. As for Arsenal it's all good and well saying what if we had won 1-0, fact is we didn't.

Still, having a go at Wenger is always good though.

Watching Fergies pre match press confeence and its nice to see him come out and say Ronaldo isnt going anywhere.

Basically he says Madrid do it with a lot of clubs, it happened with Becks but the bottom line is Man Utd only sell the players they want to sell and Ronaldo is going nowhere. Hes happy here, in great form and no way in hell would we ever sell him. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If they had lost the game 1-0, as they should have done, what could Arsene have said then?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And as my father would say to that, if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Watching Fergies pre match press confeence and its nice to see him come out and say Ronaldo isnt going anywhere.

Basically he says Madrid do it with a lot of clubs, it happened with Becks but the bottom line is Man Utd only sell the players they want to sell and Ronaldo is going nowhere. Hes happy here, in great form and no way in hell would we ever sell him. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome, so not only does he tell them to eff off, but he also gets a dig in at the flash harry from London.

icon14.gif wp Fergie.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

It's On.

It needs saying loud and clear. Don't let anybody fool you. Ignore the media. They know not what they say. Ignore your fellow forumites - a bigger gang of clueless bufoons you couldn't wish to meet. Ignore the voice in your head which says "Maybe we shouldn't get carried away. Maybe we should take each game as it comes." What the **** is that voice in your head doing trying to dampen down the optimism that you are right to hold. This is football, not real life and in football right now, you know, I know you know, that it's on.

You began to suspect it maybe on when we crusied past Bolton. You just thought, the way they're playing, something could be on here. Then Arsenal happened. And deep down you knew it was on when we got beat 6-3. You got to thinking. This season wouldn't be this weird without there being some sort of payoff. Listen to the confederacy of idiots denounce Rafa. Denounce rotation. Dismiss us against Barca and domestically. And there, deep in your bones you thought, it's on this. The Paul Mersons of the world simply don't get away with this ****. It has to be on.

Saturday, it's fair to say, the captain knew it was on. The best right back in the League knows it's on too. Dirk knows it's on. Look at him. Blonde locks bounding about as he chases every scrap, every loose ball. That's why it's on. Chasing every avenue down means it's on. Hard work means it's on and while it is on, the way it goes off is if that graft stops. That graft isn't going to stop though. Chelsea knew it was on too. It frightened them. They looked at each other and while it wasn't as momentous, as raucous as Luis Garcia's night, that fateful night, it was clear for whom it was on.

And then today. Relaxed. What more can we do? We needed Arsenal just as Arsenal need us. Like the chasing pack of a marathon these two noble runners will push each other towards the leading group. Thierry Henry last minute. United looking tired and you looked at the screen and you looked at each other and you couldn't contain it because, well, it's on isn't it? Arsenal may well think it's on as well and they may well be right. Don't dismiss them. But relax. Know that because Arsenal need us and we need Arsenal them thinking it's on can only be a good thing. The momentum's with us. It's on.

Take heart and sleep well. Your last thought before you go to bed should be "we have a league to win". Your first thought in the morning as your spring out of bed is that, well, it's on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Scouse fanzine article icon_biggrin.gif

Archived