The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

park is awesome, i thought he was really good today but lack of shooting ability, quite funny really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Park is a great dribbler, sadly the rest of his game needs improving.

He doesnt deserve to be hated though and his fall from grace has been swift. It wasnt so long ago he was a favourite in here.

And on an unrelated note can i add that Evra is fb.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Fergie: Spurs in pole for Bale

Sir Alex Ferguson feels Tottenham Hotspur are in 'pole position' to land Southampton starlet Gareth Bale.

Manchester United and Spurs have been battling it out to sign the teenage full-back before the close of the transfer window.

Reports have claimed that Spurs have offered £10million for the Wales international, while United's bid is more incentive-based.

Ferguson confirmed his interest in bringing Bale to Old Trafford, but acknowledged his club are not currently heading the pursuit.

"Southampton said no to us because they are looking for more money, which they have every right to do," said Ferguson.

"The bid we made for Gareth reflected his potential. There were a series of build-ups in it because we have to protect our own club's assets too.

"We offered an initial fee with add-ons depending on how many games he plays, international caps and so on.

"I am not exactly sure what Tottenham have offered more, but they have offered more and that has put them in pole position at the moment."

The Red Devils chief also feels that suggestions Bale could plump for Spurs for regular first-team football do not hold water.

He added: "Anyone who guarantees a player first-team football every week is wrong.

"There are so many examples of young players being given a chance at this club, no one could dispute the fact they will get opportunities. Maybe the boy himself would need to assess that."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

He doesnt deserve to be hated though and his fall from grace has been swift. It wasnt so long ago he was a favourite in here.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think he has had a fall from grace, attitudes to him have been pretty consistent from what I can see. You're the one doing most of the hating ffs. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think he has had a fall from grace, attitudes to him have been pretty consistent from what I can see. You're the one doing most of the hating ffs. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

James and Keyser worse than me by a mile. Getting ****ed off during a match because his poor passing or finishing is hardly hate.

My stance has always been that hes a good squad player but really needs to work on his end product.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Saying he is a useless player who deserves to have no legs is capable of being interpreted as hate imo, but I see your point re: James/Keyser. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was in no way serious.

But why will he be a great player? I just want to know what his game is about, his strengths and what makes him worth that much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

attacking full-back, pretty quick, can take players on and/or deliver quality crosses. i've heard/seen Southampton fans describe him as their main creative force, not bad for a 17yo full-back.

Pretty good overall display and two Rooney goals, all in a days work. Thought Park, Rio and Evra were awesome throughout, Giggs was absolutley shocking , I can honestly only remember one thing he did well which was the pass for Rooney's first (Although his crossing from deadball situations was prety flawless), also thought Carrick & Ole had pretty poor displays and didnt look comfortable.

Rooney played so much better today it was unture, a couple of weeks ago he would have kept hold of the ball and thought too much abou it , but today after two confidence boosting goals had a quick look up and hit a glorious chip over James, utter brilliance.

I thought Larson was brilliant today and just oozes class and can remember several glorious touches which put other players in and should have led to goals.

MoM: Park

2nd: Rio

Honorable mentions: Evra, Vida & Larsson.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Park was fine today. vastly superior to Giggs who seems to have got off scot-free for a pretty dire performance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye. Giggs has been atrocious the past 3-4 games sadly and nobody really complains (except for the Arsenal game icon_biggrin.gif).

Besides the first half run when his pass was behind Larsson and the pass to Rooney in the 2nd he was absolutely useless and the way i saw it he was our attacking bottleneck since most of our attacks were stopping at him due to bad/stupid passes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

as an apology for not showing today, I will be getting the beers for wednesday icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Money & Spaced too please icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah, Spaced, gonna stick that on the DVD player now I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

phfft. where there's a will there's a way. you could have sold your ebay world cup </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha icon_biggrin.gif

come to spurs you gimp

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

as an apology for not showing today, I will be getting the beers for wednesday icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not Carling, young man. :herman:

I'll be in the Trafford again, otherwise.

Too feckin' cold for the wall today. Was sat down inside the ground at half past. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "Gill said: "I am going to Ireland today and there are three days to go until the end of the transfer window so that is a fairly sensible conclusion.

"We are interested in the player but Bayern are not willing to sell him so we have to leave it at that." " </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived