The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

I think Vidic is a factor in Gabby not playing so much as well. He has given the defence a mean-ness and "gung-ho defending" aspect that we lacked until Gabby arrived. Combined with the slowing legs of Giggs and Evra's lightning pace it all adds up to Paddy getting the nod.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

paddy just offers so much more to the team generally. Feel sorry for Gabby cos he's obviously ace, but based on current form you have to keep Evra in.

Although, there's just something about Evra that makes me think he's at the absolute top of his game confidence wise and it's only take something to go wrong for it to fall apart a bit.

Anyoneelse just see the little clip interviewing Pugh about his sides cup game against City?

He supported City as a kid & whe nthe interviewer asked him if he would have preferred to play a big club like Chelsea his reply was 'No because City are a massive club too' icon_biggrin.gif

Very happy with the cup draw. Its a home tie and not against Arsenal or Chelsea so we should go through if we dont take the tie for granted.

Also said before the draw that Chelsea getting a lower league side in the cup draw is a dead cert and it was. I wish we had their luck in the draw but yet again we would probably see a Carling cup side put out and get knocked out.

Onto Gaby, Vidic has zero bearing on Gaby not being first choice anymore. Evras continual brilliance is the reason Gaby isnt in the side and rightly so.

Me too, was annoyed even more as I went into the Break area and stuck the telly on as the 2 people that were there were chatting away, stuck it on and then they told me to put it back on the news.

fat dyke whores icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh and APPARANTLY, we get to pay an extra £3 for the Reading cup game and a fiver extra if we go through and get another home tie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

much as i'd love to jump on that bandwagon and start moaning about it, i've yet to see that from any source other than some rent-a-muppet on RI Main

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

the only time we visit the council house this season will be to clinch the title* icon_cool.gif

*not really </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be worth you winning the title just to see what happens in and outside the ground icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

the only time we visit the council house this season will be to clinch the title* icon_cool.gif

*not really </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be worth you winning the title just to see what happens in and outside the ground icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

certainly would. i'd secretly re-mortgage the gf's house to get a ticket for that

Jim has money tbf icon_biggrin.gif

too late now anyway, and tbf i really should go and visit my folks this weekend before they move to the arse-end of nowhere </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

borrow some money off of them and repay your debts

certainly would. i'd secretly re-mortgage the gf's house to get a ticket for that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd let you sit next to me for that kind of money icon_smile.gif

Then stand up and shout Utd fan if you beat us

i'm proper confused now

erm, just looking at this reading fa cup game, we're in lille the tuesday after that weekend so the reading game will definitely (unless the fa shaft us) be on the saturday, quite probably as a lunchtime KO. atmosphere will be even worse \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Reading at home how ****. icon_frown.gif

First City get Sheffield Wednesday away, now Preston away! icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've missed out Southampton at home icon_smile.gif

ergh, more sky-jackings:

Pompey away, Sat 7th April, now a 17.15 KO

Chelsea away, Sun 15th April, now a 13.30 KO (ffs)

the latter is on cup semi-final weekend so hopefully we get that far and it's rescheduled at a better time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Just applied for Liverpool away, going to get chubbed ofc.

If any of you guys on here get them, i'll be so jealous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fat boy is doing our application when he returns from work

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

fat boy is doing our application when he returns from work </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who is fat boy? haha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

is anyone in need of a ticket for Watford? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't say no if you've got a spare.

It's been far too long since I've been to a match. First I had lots of time, but no money, now I've got (some) money, but no time! Still, I work pretty near Old Trafford, so I could just do some overtime and then head straight there.

Just got in, I'll check my mail in a sec Jimlad.

As for the Cup draw (cheers for those who let me know), Taz sums it up brilliantly:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Very happy with the cup draw. Its a home tie and not against Arsenal or Chelsea so we should go through if we dont take the tie for granted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is probably the stage now where I drop my "i'd rather lose than a replay" attitude, good stuff. And enough of the "omg rubbish draw, DULL DULL DULL", it's almost perfect. icon14.gif

I looked at the fixture list after our win and realised that the replay I think would have been in the week where we had Charlton at home at the end of it, so in hindsight I think we could have afforded a replay that week. Had it been the midweek before the trip to Anfield though then a replay would have been a nightmare.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

You have mail now as well Jimlad, I might have rambled a bit. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably written one sixteenth of the average Jimlad post icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

fat boy is doing our application when he returns from work </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who is fat boy? haha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that would be me icon_biggrin.gif

Archived