The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just needing AFFG's for arsenal's two goals, suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

help me, infidels

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just needing AFFG's for arsenal's two goals, suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

help me, infidels

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

help me, infidels </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would require having to watch them and I don't want to icon_frown.gif

Didn't we actually decide on them at the time in the thread anyway?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

help me, infidels </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st was more difficult, but i think we decided Gary Nev out of position at the back post. 2nd there seemed to be an argument over Vidic or Rio, but then a few of the Rio people had thought it was him who missed the header. No doubt it was Vidic as far as i was concerned, as he lost Henry and missed the header, leaving Rio with two to mark.

I've worked out how John O'Shea has gotten so many appearances so far this season.

Ferguson is retiring at the end of this season and wants to win the title whilst at the same time being able to say "look I managed to win the title despite having to give John O'Shea 30 odd appearances."

Only reasonable excuse.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

thesis, stfu.

O'Shea was heroic yesterday, I'll hear nothing bad said against him a good while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok, I'll take it back on the basis of that performance. Won't absolve him from abuse forever though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

they were tainted dude, megastore bought </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't stop you filling your pie-hole ? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets be realistic here, i'm sure he didn't manage to fill it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

Isn't it about a 30-45 minute walk? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would say about that for me and i walk reasonably fast prob about 45 mins its further than you think really

takes me 5-10 mins in the car depending on lights/traffic

and er wusses complaining about my driving called marshy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Nick, any chance of having the Thread sponsored Man Of The Match stats too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at some point, possibly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Nice touch on the homepage for today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice banner on the top of the main page as well. United sacrificing valuable advertising space for some fairly classy tributes, whatever next :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Evra hails Cantona influence

Patrice Evra is fast becoming a fans’ favourite at Old Trafford. But the speedy left back believes he wouldn’t even be in Manchester were it not for United’s most famous Frenchman, Eric Cantona.

“Cantona was unbelievable. He had character, he was a genius on the pitch and he was captain as well,†Evra told Manchester United Radio.

“After Cantona, I think Sir Alex had more respect for French players. Fabien Barthez, Laurent Blanc, Louis Saha, myself…we all arrived because of Cantona. He opened doors for French players in England.â€

Evra may argue Cantona gave him his chance at United, but it’s the defender’s own performances that will keep him here.

Solid in the tackle and explosive when surging forward down the left flank, Evra’s contribution to the Reds’ success this season cannot be overlooked. Even so, the French international is intent not to draw attention away from the team.

“Yes, I’m happy with my form,†he admits. “People have been saying I’m first choice for the left back position, but in my mind it’s not like that at all. I’m just a player for Manchester United.â€

It’s an occupation he’s growing accustomed to. After initially finding it tough to adjust to life in England, Evra has well and truly hit his stride. Not least, he says, because of United’s fans.

“Every time I come out onto the pitch it’s like a dream," he declares. "The fans are fantastic. When the team scores, or if there are difficult moments, the fans are behind you and they help you to give your maximum.

"When I scored [against Everton] and saw 76,000 people in the stadium, I just said, ‘Wow!’. It’s unbelievable.â€

But there is one thing missing from his United experience so far. “I hope to win the Premiership title,†he said. “I really want it. I want that medal!†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

Roon not playing for England tomorrow \O/

summary of just who is in action this week:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reds get set for friendlies

No fewer than sixteen United players will be on international duty during a busy week of friendly matches.

Cristiano Ronaldo will be in North London at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium on Tuesday evening to represent Portugal in their friendly with Brazil.

Also in action on Tuesday will be Ryan Giggs, who is likely to skipper Wales in their friendly against Northern Ireland, and Ji-sung Park whose Korea side face Greece at Craven Cottage.

Wayne Rooney, Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand and Michael Carrick have all been named in the England squad to face Spain at Old Trafford on Wednesday night. Reds' winger Kieran Richardson features in Stuart Pearce's first England U21 squad.

Patrice Evra is included in France's 22-man squad to play Argentina in Paris, but there is no room for team-mate Louis Saha. Evra could face fellow left-back Gabriel Heinze.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is named in Norway's squad for the game in Croatia, while Darren Fletcher is part of the first Scotland squad for a team get-together under new manager Alex McLeish. Nemanja Vidic joins up with the Serbia squad for their training get-together.

Only two United players will be in competitive action this week. Young midfielder Darron Gibson, currently on loan at Royal Antwerp, has been included in the Republic of Ireland's senior squad for the first time. He joins John O'Shea in the Irish party for the Euro 2008 qualifier away to San Marino.

Giuseppe Rossi, currently on loan at Parma, is selected for the Italian U21 squad to face Belgium. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Nice touch on the homepage for today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice banner on the top of the main page as well. United sacrificing valuable advertising space for some fairly classy tributes, whatever next :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We had a minutes silence in the scouse thread, la.

• Administrators

afaik Mart and Nick are doing Fulham

I know posting MSN convos is frowned upon, but still

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Nick says:

trying not to get carried away

Matt/Mika says:

yeah you always have to be wary, but i'd rather be top than bottom i guess

Matt/Mika says:

reliability seems the most encouraging thing

Matt/Mika says:

basically no problems so far

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mon Giuseppe Rossi

Saha not worthy of bolding though icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saha too cool for bolding tbh.

Louis Saha ifb.

Just reading the rather poingnent words of our former chairman after Munich, with his Braveheart style "United will rise again".

But then I looked at his name and ****ed myself laughing: Harold Hardman *Grrrrr* icon_biggrin.gif

Mon Giuseppe Rossi

Saha not worthy of bolding though icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not in the squad. i thought bolding him would be inappropriate, as well as probably causing him to injure himself by default.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

any of you clowns doing fulham away or is the boycott still on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me, mart and jonny afaik. there was never a boycott of the actual game (simply/sadly wouldn't work with our support), but there's a boycott of anything else Fulham try to flog to us (programmes, pies, beer etc).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

I think I read somewhere that Pique was in the Spain under 21s squad to play England tonight. Is this true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep, he starts, in midfield icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

I think I read somewhere that Pique was in the Spain under 21s squad to play England tonight. Is this true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It most certainly is, skysports say here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

any of you clowns doing fulham away or is the boycott still on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me, mart and jonny afaik. there was never a boycott of the actual game (simply/sadly wouldn't work with our support), but there's a boycott of anything else Fulham try to flog to us (programmes, pies, beer etc). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so stupidly expensive. not sure if ill do it or not :/

• Administrators

me, mart and jonny afaik. there was never a boycott of the actual game (simply/sadly wouldn't work with our support), but there's a boycott of anything else Fulham try to flog to us (programmes, pies, beer etc). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to be fair you're still gonna be heavily out of pocket eating/drinking away from the ground, this is West London icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

to be fair you're still gonna be heavily out of pocket eating/drinking away from the ground, this is West London icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we'll presumably buy beer up here and drink enough on the coach that we can make do without until we get back on afterwards. same with food really.

could do with having another party the night before really so i can bring a load of leftover party food again á la newcastle icon_cool.gif

Archived