The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

winning the title at the boo camp, going to a re-arranged game at the Bridge as champions and then relegating west sham before getting the trophy.

\0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think we'd get a Guard of honour at the Bridge?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

http://www.si-sv1646.com/showthread.php?t=26657&highlight=tropical+fish

the fish one

babestation thread

http://www.si-sv1646.com/showthread.php?t=35524 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hold on, he's become obsessed with a babestation girl he's been phoning while she's been on tv? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I don't go to Red Issue, so no. icon_biggrin.gif Just clicked the babestation thread. Babes interest me, fish don't icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have more chance with a fish than a babe, so maybe you should change your feelings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I don't go to Red Issue, so no. icon_biggrin.gif Just clicked the babestation thread. Babes interest me, fish don't icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have more chance with a fish than a babe, so maybe you should change your feelings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ain't that the truth..

Out with the lads from work the other night. Only one of them dancing on the dnacefloor, until they realised i was dancing with women (i have no recollection) was so hammered i ignored them, upsetting the one girl apparently.

I know i'm useless with women Pete. I do not need you to remind me thanks, i get it every day in work icon14.gif

Ronaldo is also keen to stay at Old Trafford and win the Premiership.

Ronaldo said: "I've got a contract with United. If they speak to anyone it's my agent, not me. I told my agent I'm happy here and want to continue.

"It's a kind of football in Spaint hat attracts me, but at the moment I don't want to leave here. I've been here for a while and every year I try to get better and better.

"I've had to adapt to the culture, the football, the life and I think I've adapted well.

"It's more or less what I expected to happen. I'm enjoying my career here.

"We've got a good lead in the Premiership and the chances of winning the league this year are great.

"Chelsea are a great team, but we're on the right path.

"We're playing good football, we've been the consistent team and if things continue that way we can win the championship.

"My dream of winning the league is very much alive.

"I want to win all the trophies. It could almost be the perfect year." Speaking in this month's issue of 4-4-2 magazine.

\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Ronaldo is also keen to stay at Old Trafford and win the Premiership.

Ronaldo said: "I've got a contract with United. If they speak to anyone it's my agent, not me. I told my agent I'm happy here and want to continue.

"It's a kind of football in Spaint hat attracts me, but at the moment I don't want to leave here. I've been here for a while and every year I try to get better and better.

"I've had to adapt to the culture, the football, the life and I think I've adapted well.

"It's more or less what I expected to happen. I'm enjoying my career here.

"We've got a good lead in the Premiership and the chances of winning the league this year are great.

"Chelsea are a great team, but we're on the right path.

"We're playing good football, we've been the consistent team and if things continue that way we can win the championship.

"My dream of winning the league is very much alive.

"I want to win all the trophies. It could almost be the perfect year." Speaking in this month's issue of 4-4-2 magazine.

\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reyes signed a 5 year contract in the summer of 05.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

What's your point?

Reyes was **** here and didn't settle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point is Reyes signed a 5 yr contract, claimed he was happy and settled in England, and only 8 or 9 months later he was practically mailing himself to Madrid, so I wouldnt look too much into those Ronaldo quotes.

Though this is probably just wishful thinking from me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Probably Illegal:

So he's leaving in the summer then? [/tempting fate] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Off to Spaint icon_frown.gif

Still, I can't see Ronaldo ever truly settling in England, regardless of what he says there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

winning the title at the boo camp, going to a re-arranged game at the Bridge as champions and then relegating west sham before getting the trophy.

\0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think we'd get a Guard of honour at the Bridge? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i do.

If Carrick ever puts in a performance like last night for Man Utd expect me to slaughter him for 27 pages.

It amazes me how the BBC have always raved about Carrick being great for England when hes been crap for them from the start in my opinion.

Last night he was back to the panic passing where he just whacked it anywhere almost before it had even reached him as if the ball would explode if he held on to it for more than a second.

Thank god hes been pretty damn good for us as of late but last night reminded me a lot of when he first joined us although he never had a game that bad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

What's your point?

Reyes was **** here and didn't settle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point is Reyes signed a 5 yr contract, claimed he was happy and settled in England, and only 8 or 9 months later he was practically mailing himself to Madrid, so I wouldnt look too much into those Ronaldo quotes.

Though this is probably just wishful thinking from me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reyes never claimed he'd settled ffs icon_biggrin.gif There was always talk of him not being happy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

If Carrick ever puts in a performance like last night for Man Utd expect me to slaughter him for 27 pages.

It amazes me how the BBC have always raved about Carrick being great for England when hes been crap for them from the start in my opinion.

Last night he was back to the panic passing where he just whacked it anywhere almost before it had even reached him as if the ball would explode if he held on to it for more than a second.

Thank god hes been pretty damn good for us as of late but last night reminded me a lot of when he first joined us although he never had a game that bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as i said in the england thread, he gets far better movement in front of him for us than he did for england this morning. dyer, SWP and crouch were average personified.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Thank god hes been pretty damn good for us as of late but last night reminded me a lot of when he first joined us although he never had a game that bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as i said in the england thread, he gets far better movement in front of him for us than he did for england this morning. dyer, SWP and crouch were average personified. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention the midfield last night was like a warzone. Carrick, Lampard and Gerrard were all stepping on eachother's toes. At United Carrick only has Scholes alongside him and two wingers.

Man Utd drops down wealth league

Manchester United have dropped from second to fourth in the list of the world's wealthiest clubs, trailing Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus.

United headed Deloitte's Football Money League for eight years until being deposed by Real Madrid last year.

English clubs fill eight out of the top 20 spots in Deloitte's table, based on revenues generated during 2005/6.

United remain the world's most profitable club, making a £49.7m profit in the year to June 2006.

British presence

Deloitte's figures take into account income from ticket sales, merchandising and broadcasting contracts but do not include transfer revenues and does not calculate profitability.

Between them, the top 20 clubs had sales of more than £2.1bn.

Real Madrid retained its crown as the world's wealthiest club, in terms of sales, despite securing no silverware for the third consecutive year.

Its revenues rose to £202m from £186.2m the year before.

Barcelona leapfrogged Manchester United into second place, boosted by their victory in the Champions League final, while Italian club Juventus moved up one spot to third.

United dropped into fourth place after its revenues rose from £166.4m to £167.8m.

Deloitte said it believed this fall may only be temporary as further expansion of their Old Trafford ground should significantly boost the club's match day income.

"Manchester United may be in fourth position this year but with the completion of their stadium development we can expect them to move back up the list in 2006/07," said Deloitte's Paul Rawnsley.

Chelsea dropped a place to sixth despite their revenues rising to £152.8m while Arsenal, helped by their appearance in the Champions League final, jumped a place to ninth.

The other British clubs to make it into the list were Liverpool(10), Newcastle United(13), Tottenham Hotspur(15), Manchester City(17), Rangers(18) and West Ham(19).

Galactico effect

With a lucrative new TV contract coming into effect next year, Deloitte said Premiership clubs could fill more than half of the list by 2007/8.

But Deloitte added that Spain's two footballing giants would not give up their positions at the top of the table lightly.

"The two clubs have had contrasting strategies, with Real focusing on driving commercial revenue from recruiting its Galactico players and Barcelona having a more balanced revenue portfolio," said Dan Jones, a partner in the firm's Sports Business Group.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

WORLD'S WEALTHIEST CLUBS BY REVENUE

1)Real Madrid: £202m

2)Barcelona: £179.1m

3)Juventus: £173.7m

4)Man Utd: £167.8m

5)AC Milan: £165m

6)Chelsea: £152.8m

7)Inter Milan: £142.8m

8)Bayern Munich: £141.5m

9)Arsenal: £133m

10)Liverpool: £121.7m

Source: Deloitte: 2005/6

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Man Utd drops down wealth league

Manchester United have dropped from second to fourth in the list of the world's wealthiest clubs, trailing Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus.

United headed Deloitte's Football Money League for eight years until being deposed by Real Madrid last year.

English clubs fill eight out of the top 20 spots in Deloitte's table, based on revenues generated during 2005/6.

United remain the world's most profitable club, making a £49.7m profit in the year to June 2006.

British presence

Deloitte's figures take into account income from ticket sales, merchandising and broadcasting contracts but do not include transfer revenues and does not calculate profitability.

Between them, the top 20 clubs had sales of more than £2.1bn.

Real Madrid retained its crown as the world's wealthiest club, in terms of sales, despite securing no silverware for the third consecutive year.

Its revenues rose to £202m from £186.2m the year before.

Barcelona leapfrogged Manchester United into second place, boosted by their victory in the Champions League final, while Italian club Juventus moved up one spot to third.

United dropped into fourth place after its revenues rose from £166.4m to £167.8m.

Deloitte said it believed this fall may only be temporary as further expansion of their Old Trafford ground should significantly boost the club's match day income.

"Manchester United may be in fourth position this year but with the completion of their stadium development we can expect them to move back up the list in 2006/07," said Deloitte's Paul Rawnsley.

Chelsea dropped a place to sixth despite their revenues rising to £152.8m while Arsenal, helped by their appearance in the Champions League final, jumped a place to ninth.

The other British clubs to make it into the list were Liverpool(10), Newcastle United(13), Tottenham Hotspur(15), Manchester City(17), Rangers(18) and West Ham(19).

Galactico effect

With a lucrative new TV contract coming into effect next year, Deloitte said Premiership clubs could fill more than half of the list by 2007/8.

But Deloitte added that Spain's two footballing giants would not give up their positions at the top of the table lightly.

"The two clubs have had contrasting strategies, with Real focusing on driving commercial revenue from recruiting its Galactico players and Barcelona having a more balanced revenue portfolio," said Dan Jones, a partner in the firm's Sports Business Group.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

WORLD'S WEALTHIEST CLUBS BY REVENUE

1)Real Madrid: £202m

2)Barcelona: £179.1m

3)Juventus: £173.7m

4)Man Utd: £167.8m

5)AC Milan: £165m

6)Chelsea: £152.8m

7)Inter Milan: £142.8m

8)Bayern Munich: £141.5m

9)Arsenal: £133m

10)Liverpool: £121.7m

Source: Deloitte: 2005/6

</pre>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neville on the booers

When asked about the booing tonight he said this is what you come to expect from England fans after a poor result, thankfully I play for a club side whose fans are a little more accomodating.

Neville on the booers

When asked about the booing tonight he said this is what you come to expect from England fans after a poor result, thankfully I play for a club side whose fans are a little more accomodating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary icon_cool.gif

We're also not ****, which helps as well.

No mention of the Barca official pictured in ths Sun sitting next to Ronaldo's agent?

Neville on the booers

When asked about the booing tonight he said this is what you come to expect from England fans after a poor result, thankfully I play for a club side whose fans are a little more accomodating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif x 100

After that great video on the NOTW website a few weeks back it's nice to know where the priorities of the players are. icon_cool.gif

Don't know if any of you have heard about his, but i thought it was worth a mention just in case.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Victim 'injected' in arm by woman

A woman was treated in hospital after apparently being injected in the arm by a woman who asked her for money in a Manchester shopping area.

The 32-year-old victim was walking on King Street at about 1800 GMT on Friday when she was approached by a woman.

She gave her some change but the offender then grabbed her arm and scratched it with an unknown implement.

The woman immediately felt unwell and was taken to Fairfield Hospital for treatment, but was later discharged.

Police are urging people to be on their guard when approached by strangers wanting money.

Anyone with information is urged to contact police or Crimestoppers.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBC Website

I'm going shopping in Manchester tomorrow too!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Police are urging people to be on their guard when approached by strangers wanting money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A mate of mine who works at a law firm in Manchester sent it round to all of us (forgetting i work in London now) saying it's happened about 4 times now.

Don't know about you, but i'd rather we on my guard then injected with **** knows what. I was assuming most of you were from Manchester?

I got this on facebook:

Dear All,

I would like to bring to your attention a terrible incident which happened

to me on Friday 2nd February 2007 at approximately 18.05. I had left work (8

King Street, Manchester) and I proceeded up King St. There were plenty of

people around finishing work for the weekend and about half way up King

Street (outside The White Company) a woman had come out of the walk through

from St Ann's Square and said to me she was having a terrible day as she had

just found her husband in bed with another woman. I thought it was strange

that she would tell a complete stranger this information so I carried on

walking. She then stopped me and asked for 32 pence to catch the bus home.

I was immediately suspicious of the situation as I would imagine a bus to

anywhere would be more than 32 pence and she wasn't the stereotypical person

that normally asks you for change for the bus. She was clean, well dressed

and well spoken. She also had a handbag. Feeling uncomfortable with the

situation I agreed to give her some change, just so I could get away as

promptly as possible. I gave her what change I had which was approximately

80 pence. She then said she was grateful and she'd send me £20 back. I

thought she was going to ask for my address (which I wouldn't have given)

but she didn't. She said thank you and squeezed my arm as a token of

appreciation. As she walked away she dropped some of the money & didn't

retrieve it which certainly aroused suspicions; if she didn't need the money

why did she stop me?

I proceeded up King St towards Cross Street but realised something was

wrong. My left hand side had gone completely numb and my arm went into a

spasm. I knew she had done something to me when she touched my arm. I needed

to tell someone quickly what had happened as I assumed in a few seconds I

would be unconscious and what I assume would be her accomplice would be

waiting for me to be completely helpless and do the unthinkable to me. I

managed to get my phone out of pocket and just pressed last number re-dial.

At the same time I stopped a lady and realised I sounded stupid at what I

was saying but she could also hear me on the phone so she realised I was

genuine. I started to lose the power of speech. She stayed with me and we

got to Bootle Street police station.

My arm was hurting but whatever I was injected with couldn't have penetrated

completely so I got the feeling back about 10 minutes later. The fact it had

a coat, suit jacket and blouse to get through must've saved me. I had the

smallest scratch mark on my arm, there is an identical one on my coat and

suit jacket.

It will probably be impossible to tell what I was injected with, and

although I still await the results of blood tests they are only checking for

diseases I may have been given. The police are confident it will be caught

on CCTV and I await father information in that regard.

The reason for sending this e-mail is to please ask you to warn EVERYONE you

know, not just women but men too and ask them to tell girlfriends, wives,

sisters & mothers. The message needs to get through to be extra vigilant. I

was one of the lucky ones (blood results pending) and if I can make people

aware of these people then I'd like to think it can make a difference.

Thank you.

Leo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't give money to strangers anyway so not taking any notice of it.

im doing fulham \o/

and lille \o/

cant ****ing wait for lille, travelling to foreign lands to watch your team in the knockout stages of europe's premier competition is what its all about. soooo excited.

anyone going to the memorial at 2pm on saturday, under the clock?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

im doing fulham \o/

and lille \o/

cant ****ing wait for lille, travelling to foreign lands to watch your team in the knockout stages of europe's premier competition is what its all about. soooo excited.

anyone going to the memorial at 2pm on saturday, under the clock? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you get Lille?

I work until 5 on Saturdays so cannot go even if I wanted to.

Archived