The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its true that this Aisian bloke wants to buy United then I don't think it would be just to make money. Even though theres a lot of money in football, owning a football club is not actually a good way of making a big profit. The blokes reported to have 15BN anyway so its not like he needs it I think more likely he wants to buy United for the prestige and fame it would give him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Pj so wrong it's embarrassing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Gervais fans really don't know what comedy is, that is embarrasing. And I'm not talking Pegg, I'm meaning guys like Tommy Cooper, Jerry Lewis etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Liverpool new boy Javier Mascherano made a real faux pas by saying how proud he was to become a Red Devil. (The Sun)

Javier, he loves us really icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Terrific stuff if true.

Pegg >>> Gervais too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Pj so wrong it's embarrassing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Gervais fans really don't know what comedy is, that is embarrasing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ergh, comedy snobbery, whatever next.

pegg ifb. gervais iqg. morris and coogan afffffffffffffffffffffb

FAO BBB:

I've got sporadic internet access until the game tomorrow. I assume you've still got my mobile number, so give us a text sometime tomorrow. I'll aim to be at Piccadilly for about 12:30-1:00 ish, which gives a wall ETA of about 1:30 icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

JOS out tomorrow, Ronaldo/Carrick doubtful with heavy colds icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank christ O'Shea is out if Carrick is or else he would have started.

And i would have expected Fergie to rest Ronnie and a few others tomorrow anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Rio fires United warning

Rio Ferdinand has warned his Manchester United team-mates that a six-point lead at the top of the Premiership does not guarantee them anything.

United face Charlton at Old Trafford on Saturday and hold a commanding lead over reigning champions Chelsea at the top of the table.

With just 12 games to go, United are odds-on to break The Blues' stranglehold on a title the West London side have claimed two seasons running.

However, Ferdinand is determined that his team should guard against complacency ahead of the crucial run-in.

"Six points is nothing. If we had lost at Spurs last Sunday, it would have been three points so it's going to be nip-and-tuck until the end of the season," insisted Ferdinand.

"That said, we're confident in the way we're playing football at the moment and we've got the bit between our teeth to keep trying to get results."

Ferdinand admits the manner of victory at Tottenham - United romped to a 4-0 win - has been a major boost to the confidence of Sir Alex Ferguson's challengers.

"Performances such as the one at Tottenham breed confidence - especially after the defeat a couple of weeks ago against Arsenal," added Ferdinand.

"A lot of people maybe expected us to fall by the wayside and drop some more points straightaway.

"But we showed great character in getting results since then." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha Rio, that paragraph could basically be one of my posts, in fact I'm sure it virtually is. Rio has gone up in my estimations with that comment icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

JOS out tomorrow, Ronaldo/Carrick doubtful with heavy colds icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank christ O'Shea is out if Carrick is or else he would have started.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good way to look at it actually icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MUFC v Charlton Athletic, Saturday 10 February, kick off 3pm

A very small number of tickets have now been made available to One United Members, these can be purchased by calling 0870 442 1999 (subject to availability). All tickets purchased will be held for collection at Ticketing & Membership Services and we strongly recommend that tickets are collected at least 90 minutes before kick off to avoid any delays.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Injury concerns for Reds

Sir Alex Ferguson has a number of injury concerns ahead of the Premiership clash with Charlton at Old Trafford on Saturday.

Edwin van der Sar is definitely out after breaking his nose in the victory at Tottenham last Sunday. Tomasz Kuszczak will deputise, with Reserves' stopper Tom Heaton likely to be on the bench.

John O'Shea - who took over in goal from van der Sar for the final ten minutes at White Hart Lane - is also unavailable after picking up an ankle knock whilst on international duty for the Republic of Ireland earlier this week.

Michael Carrick (groin) and Cristiano Ronaldo (head cold) should hopefully be fit to face the Addicks, while Wane Rooney has recovered from the hip injury which forced him off after an hour against Spurs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

My reading ticket still not arrived icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine came this morning, I was getting a little worried that the ticket office had messed up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

oh jings, i've not got a reading ticket yet icon_biggrin.gif

where's the gf's credit card.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not got one either yet icon_biggrin.gif , they'll still be on sale next week anyway(especially if its like the last cup game).

oh and P.S.

Gervais ifb you heathens icon_mad.gif (although Pegg/Frost , Coogan & Morris afb too tbh icon_biggrin.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "The boy's happy here. Everything's fine, there are no issues," said Ferguson. "Speculation is always rife. I think in modern day football you have to accept it.

"I pick up the paper sometimes and read the players I'm going to buy. I say 'Well that's an interesting one, I've never thought of him'. So you're doing my scouting now.

"It's speculation, you're going to get that. It doesn't bother me. It's always an attraction in a better climate, obviously. It's always going to be that way.

"When you think about it what you can get at Manchester United, every week 67,000 people, you're not going to get that anywhere.

"I know that Real Madrid, Barcelona and Milan when they've got big games they can fill the place without question. They don't fill them every week.

"Old Trafford is full every week which is fantastic. He knows he's at a good football club." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fergie's class of 2007

SIR Alex Ferguson is almost ready to unleash his Class of 2007 on the Premiership.

United's youth set-up has produced another batch of talent set to rival the famous Class of '92.

The graduates of that famous 1992 FA Youth Cup-winning side, which included David Beckham, Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Nicky Butt, went on to become mainstays of United's first team.

It is 12 years now since Fergie controversially broke up the 1994 Dream Team and gave those youngsters a chance.

Initial scepticism was replaced with jubilation as United scooped the 1996 double, winning the Premiership and FA Cup.

Now, the United boss is preparing to do the same again.

The Reds have a number of their top young prospects scattered on loan around Europe, but they will return in time for the start of next season to step up the pressure.

And Fergie is excited at the prospect of creating a Class of 2007. "We are very pleased with the young players we have got. We have worked hard," he said.

Exceptional

"We have good coaches and have done well to develop players in the Academy such as Jonny Evans, Craig Cathcart and Darron Gibson. The three Irish boys are exceptionally good."

Central defender Evans is on loan at Roy Keane's Sunderland, and the 19-year-old is a full Northern Ireland international.

Powerful Derry-born 19-year-old midfielder Gibson is on loan at Royal Antwerp - and was in the Republic of Ireland squad for last night's Euro 2008 qualifier against San Marino - while 18-year-old Belfast boy Cathcart is progressing in the reserves.

Fergie added: "We've also got Lee Martin at Stoke at moment. Danny Simpson is at Sunderland and Phil Bardsley is at Aston Villa. It is a good crop.

"Gerard Pique is in Zaragoza's first team every week now in Spain and he has good potential. Giuseppe Rossi is at Parma and scoring goals.

"These are boys with potential at that age, at 19. They give us a future; there is no doubt about that."

The next step towards that future will see them tested in the big time, to find out whether they can shift the seniors.

"What we do with them next year is a big question mark for us, because when you are 19 you can appease them by putting them on loan for a spell," said Sir Alex.

"But once they have had that loan period, they don't want to be on loan forever. They want to come back and get into the first team.

"The question is: how do we view them in terms of first-team positions next season if we decided to bring them on at the same time? I think we will probably do that.

"That will be a challenge for them then, but also a reminder to everyone else that there are players looking to take their position."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived