The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

icon_biggrin.gif

I've lost a lot of respect for Ali now :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why?

I loved John O'Shea for like 3 years after he'd gone ****. What respect did you have to lose?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Christ, he's not Welsh too is he? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't mind being called a ****, but that's going too far icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldo back to face Royals

Cristiano Ronaldo has shaken off the heavy cold which kept him out of United's win over Charlton last weekend, and is fit to face Reading on Saturday.

The United winger was sidelined by a bout of flu, but Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed Ronaldo is available for the FA Cup fifth round tie at Old Trafford.

The Reds' boss has one eye on the Champions League last 16 trip to Lille on Tuesday and will therefore make two or three changes to the side ahead of the tea-time clash with the Royals.

Wayne Rooney is suspended after accumulating five bookings, while broken nose victim Edwin van der Sar will be saved for the trip to France, meaning Tomasz Kuszczak will continue in goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldo back to face Royals

Cristiano Ronaldo has shaken off the heavy cold which kept him out of United's win over Charlton last weekend, and is fit to face Reading on Saturday.

The United winger was sidelined by a bout of flu, but Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed Ronaldo is available for the FA Cup fifth round tie at Old Trafford.

The Reds' boss has one eye on the Champions League last 16 trip to Lille on Tuesday and will therefore make two or three changes to the side ahead of the tea-time clash with the Royals.

Wayne Rooney is suspended after accumulating five bookings, while broken nose victim Edwin van der Sar will be saved for the trip to France, meaning Tomasz Kuszczak will continue in goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't play him kthnx.

By all accounts Reading will be under strength anyway. Have him on the bench just in case.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I concur. Hence why we should treat the FA Cup with disdain icon14.gif

We also HAVE to get the job done away in Lille. Leaving ourselves loads to do at OT just isn't an option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We really should. We have shown this season that we are capable of playing the sort of football that could see us winning the Champions League. We now have to produce it in those matches where it matters.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Sir Alex Ferguson is convinced the Glazer family would reject any big-money bid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona are both believed to have targeted the brilliant Manchester United winger.

Reports indicate the duo would be prepared to pay a world record £45million to land the 22-year-old, who has been an instrumental figure in the Red Devils' Barclays Premiership title drive this term.

Ferguson and United chief executive David Gill have consistently stated Ronaldo is going nowhere.

However, the suspicion has lingered that owner Malcolm Glazer might be tempted to cash in - given the vast amounts of money he borrowed to complete his controversial takeover in 2005.

Ferguson, though, is confident in the Glazers' desire to keep Ronaldo - who cost what now looks a bargain £12million when United signed him from Sporting Lisbon in 2003.

While he accepts the American family would have the final say over the Portugal international's future, he does not believe there would be any pressure to sell.

"I am very confident the Glazers would not sell," he said.

"We always refer things to them, because they are the owners.

"They would have the final decision - but they have been great. There has been no problem at all."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie's nose still firmly tucked between the Glazers' arse cheeks I see.

And I thought Zidane went for more than £45 million? Still, would anyone actually consider selling at that price? I know it's a bit of stupid question given that we know approximately £1.60 of it would go towards new players...

Us? Perform away in Europe? Get out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm actually struggling to remember the last match where we both performed away from home and got a result icon_frown.gif

In europe ofc

Well what's he supposed to say? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I'm not disputing the 'we shouldn't sell Ronaldo' bit. It's the 'Oh, haven't the Glazers been MARVELLOUS so far. And they're so pretty too.' kind of comment that irks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Us? Perform away in Europe? Get out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm actually struggling to remember the last match where we both performed away from home and got a result icon_frown.gif

In europe ofc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lyon away maybe? But that was Ruud singlehandedly saving us from a pretty slack performance...before that you're looking at well...I dunno :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

we were appalling at Benfica. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh but it was the only game in which we got a result, therefore it wins by default

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

yeh but it was the only game in which we got a result, therefore it wins by default </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, he said he wanted a performance and a result, Benfica didn't give that.

And sod Debrecen, Richardson scored which makes it void.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

yeh but it was the only game in which we got a result, therefore it wins by default </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I asked for the last match where there was both a performance and a result.

I asked for the last match where there was both a performance and a result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a draw isnt a result?

Archived