The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we get back to the football & stop talking about what Keith's next penis extension will be?

Martin I need to know where I am sending this money for the Reading game the other week. I also need to know who I am actually paying. Almost like you want to get beaten up for non-payment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Never mind paying whomever for reading when you paying me for my stuff??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seeing as you just took out a loan you are hardly in desperate need. I owe you £75?

Martin, if the guy is going Fulham away then I can pay him then if he would prefer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "Bloke at work went to watch Man Utd v Lille last night. The fans got put on special buses, to get them to several hotels and the airport safely. Most flights were from the local airport, upto Charles De Gaul then to Manchester, needless to say, extra flights were put on to various UK airports for the game.

Around 2 thousand were at the airport around 11pm - waiting for flights to Paris, several players including Wayne Rooney, Ferdinand & Giggs went to the airport, and put £10,000 (presumably out of their own pocket) behind the bar for people to get drinks - as a thankyou for their support during the difficult game." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apparantly true, if it is that's just utterly fantastic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

even more annoyed we didn't get tickets now icon_frown.gif

kudos though if that's true

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

btw ali, I've posted a thread on RN for a Blackburn, shouldn't be a problem mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif, although my extra flying means I probably can't go above the price you originally quoted to me. And don't get around that by buying a cheeseburger worth £20 odd quid icon_mad.gif

Oh and lads, from now on (jonny aside), if you want me to get you a ticket for a home game, there's now a £2.50 surcharge or a cheeseburger if you will icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same surcharage applies to you getting your tickets via my credit card then fatso

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Never mind paying whomever for reading when you paying me for my stuff??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seeing as you just took out a loan you are hardly in desperate need. I owe you £75?

Martin, if the guy is going Fulham away then I can pay him then if he would prefer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the laon money is paying off my credit cards, exisiting loan and my car there is no excess

I've offered to pay the 3% booking fee before ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what 3% charge that only applies to aways and i pass on FULL costs for those anyway cos you always forget the P&P

this surcharge can go towards the interest i have to pay getting your tickets

what p&p icon_biggrin.gif

Blackburn was sent to you and you came.

Fulham came to me so now p&p costs

Reading, well, we'll see

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just cos i went to blackbrun dont mean you coonts skip paying your part of the P&P

you know damn well there is about £5 P&P on ALL tickets that get mailed whether its united ones or ***** like muse

Oh and who else missed the goal? I was drinking a pint and Nick also missed it, looked up and BAM it's in icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was turning to post on the board. Wasn't expecting a quick one. We never normally take them quick icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> UEFA has officially opened an investigation into events at the UEFA Champions League first knockout round first-leg match between LOSC Lille Métropole and Manchester United FC in Lens on Tuesday night.

Possible violations

European football's governing body said on Wednesday that it was investigating possible violations of binding UEFA safety and security instructions by the host club, as well as the alleged improper conduct of both sets of supporters. The matter will be discussed at the next ordinary meeting of the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body on 22 March.

Alleged protest

UEFA said Lille had allegedly announced to UEFA officials that the club would file a protest. The body said that in the event of such a submission, the matter related to the alleged protest - an alleged technical error when Manchester United scored the only goal of the game - as well as the subsequent interruption of the match provoked by the French team would be dealt with by UEFA this coming Friday, 23 February. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I hate waiting for ballot results. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye, it really is shat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Lille president Michel Seydoux believes Giggs' matchwinner would not have been allowed to stand if United had conceded it.

And he claims he will be speaking to newly elected UEFA supremo Michel Platini about the incident.

'I will call Michel Platini, who says he defends the beautiful game and the little teams,' he said. 'We have developed a beautiful game and we are a little team.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jeez, what a whiney twat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Lille president Michel Seydoux believes Giggs' matchwinner would not have been allowed to stand if United had conceded it.

And he claims he will be speaking to newly elected UEFA supremo Michel Platini about the incident.

'I will call Michel Platini, who says he defends the beautiful game and the little teams,' he said. 'We have developed a beautiful game and we are a little team.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jeez, what a whiney twat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're going to get screwed over. Just you wait.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Who will be the first to complain at the new Man Utd data icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've already told Nick, if i dont like it, i'll shake my fist at him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Nick tells me that our U18's are 2-0 up \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

twas how it finished. decent performance, bit slack in the middle and allowed the stronger, more physical side to boss us for a bit but our ability saw us through. both goals from Sam Hewson, he was probably man of the match, excellent box to box display in central midfield. fantastic finish for the first goal after a bit of a scramble in the box, second was a cracker of a penalty after Febian Brandy was brought down. Brandy had a really good game too, gave their centre-backs nightmares. Craig Cathcart and Richard Eckersley were very good at the back and Ben Amos in goal made two terrific saves with the score at 1-0.

Arsenal in a two-legged semi next, by all accounts they're more than a bit useful at that level and i suspect it might be a step too far - we've a very 'young' youth team with lots of 15/16yos in there and they're prone to being bullied out of games at times. we seemed to have saved our best form for the cup though this season so you never know. apparently Arsenal got 11,000 fans for their quarterfinal, would be nice to think we could get a decent attendance at the home leg of the semi as it was really poor tonight. can't help thinking that charging a fiver is a bit steep really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United have appointed Lee Daley as their new group commercial director.

The 43-year-old will leave his post as chairman and chief executive of advertising agency Saatchi and Saatchi, and take up his new post in mid-April. He will oversee all of the club's commercial plans, from sponsorship to media,financial services and marketing.

Daley will also join the board of Manchester United Ltd, which is jointly chaired by the Glazer brothers, Joel and Avram, and to which chief operating officer Michael Bolingbroke was recently appointed.

Daley said: "Manchester United is one of the great loves of my life. To be offered the chance to work for them and to join at such an exciting time is a unique privilege.''

United chief executive David Gill said: "The group commercial director is central to maintaining the club's position at the top of the game. The standard of candidates that expressed an interest in the job was extremely high and to have secured Lee's services is a great coup for the club.'' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

another lifelong red, hurrah

Archived