The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

Nick the United FM data. I am not into playing FM these days, i had my 15 season Notts Forest game and now cant face playing the game again for a long while.

My question with the new data update is which players have you tuned to make better or worse? I know that you wont always see an improvment when you first load up the game but all i really see thats different is Paul Scholes seems to rightly have been brought up a few notches.

And with the players on loan in the game like Foster, Pique, Evans and Rossi, were you able to edit them?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Nick the United FM data. I am not into playing FM these days, i had my 15 season Notts Forest game and now cant face playing the game again for a long while.

My question with the new data update is which players have you tuned to make better or worse? I know that you wont always see an improvment when you first load up the game but all i really see thats different is Paul Scholes seems to rightly have been brought up a few notches.

And with the players on loan in the game like Foster, Pique, Evans and Rossi, were you able to edit them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In terms of improvements, Scholesy/Evra/Fletch/Ole were all improved significantly. Ronnie, Vidic, Rio, VDS, Wes and Giggs all went up a few points too CA-wise. Gaby, Richardson, O'Shea, Silvestre, Smithy and Rooney all had CA decreases, mostly slight ones.

As for the loanees, I had no real power to do anything to most of them, although the head Belgian researcher was a big help and made some changes to Evans/Simpson/Campbell/Gibson that I requested.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Oh christ kill me now, Fergie says Smith and Richardson will be used on Tuesday. icon_frown.gif

Why oh why does he want t use Richardson? Congratulations Reading, enjoy your quarter final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

link?

I was looking forward to tuesday, i'm not now. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Good, not arsed about Tuesday at all.

More arsed about the scouse game saturday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, league is priority.

Great stuff Nick. Were you tempted to make Vidic a 20 jumping, 20 heading man because he is pretty unstoppable in the air? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i erred on the side of caution because with the weightings system, if you raise one attribute (especially a key one for the player's position), you have to lower others. might raise them a notch in the summer if he keeps up his current form.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

And with the players on loan in the game like Foster, Pique, Evans and Rossi, were you able to edit them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In terms of improvements, Scholesy/Evra/Fletch/Ole were all improved significantly. Ronnie, Vidic, Rio, VDS, Wes and Giggs all went up a few points too CA-wise. Gaby, Richardson, O'Shea, Silvestre, Smithy and Rooney all had CA decreases, mostly slight ones.

As for the loanees, I had no real power to do anything to most of them, although the head Belgian researcher was a big help and made some changes to Evans/Simpson/Campbell/Gibson that I requested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do I suspect that Richardson's has been more than slight? icon_biggrin.gif

Either way as long as Scholes is now the best midfielder in England nothing else really matters.

We were just awful. I have no idea what Fergie was thinking dropping Nev because it looked like Brown was going out of his way to taunt Nev with his awful performance.

Anyway despite Fulham deserving all three points we got them. Ronaldo to the rescue again, how i love that kid.

Where was Fletch as well? Could have done with him today considering Carricks performance.

Ref must also get a mention for his joke of a performance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ref must also get a mention for his joke of a performance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was allright until the Diop decision tyhen he just went absolutely dire, for both teams.

MOM: Edwin Van der Sar

2ND: Rio Ferdinand

As everyone always says: if you can play badly and win then you can be champions. Three points today was absolutely necessary but Fulham deserve a lot of credit for their performance even thought they’ve ultimately come away with nothing. We’re probably going to have to do this more often if the fixtures keep piling up.

My MOM votes are based on how we played before Ronaldo’s moment of inspiration (however awesome those few seconds were). VDS saved us multiple times in the second half and Rio was our only defender looking assured today. Wes’ distribution was terrible all game and Vidic was culpable for our goal. No midfielder deserved it really since Fulham bossed us there with their physicality, though Giggs had an okay game in my eyes. Rooney and Larsson too isolated until the game got stretched late on so neither were in contention for me (even if Rooney crossed for our goal). Subs all did okay.

Come the hell on!

Oh and our away support deserve plenty of kudos again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ref must also get a mention for his joke of a performance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was allright until the Diop decision tyhen he just went absolutely dire, for both teams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In all honesty he was poor all game. Should have booked Scholes earlier, possibly should have sent off Rio for raising his hands and then there was the Diop incident.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

He was allright until the Diop decision tyhen he just went absolutely dire, for both teams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going to disagree. Poor all game IMO.

I thought Giggs was your most dangerous player till he went deep into midfield. Ronaldo looked good from the moment his first flick went through early in the game. Rio & VDS with very important contributions but VDS ****ed up for the goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

In all honesty he was poor all game. Should have booked Scholes earlier, possibly should have sent off Rio for raising his hands and then there was the Diop incident. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>whs

and I thought Rio was very poor in the last 15 minutes, let far too many balls bounce near him.

MOM: Edwin Van der Sar

2nd: Ryan Giggs

Giggs was the only one who looked like making anything happen for most of the game before Ronaldo sprung to life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Why do I suspect that Richardson's has been more than slight? icon_biggrin.gif

Either way as long as Scholes is now the best midfielder in England nothing else really matters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A season into my game Richardson has "similar type of player to Paul Scholes" in his profile. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Breaking news on SSN, UEFA reject Lille's request for the game to be replayed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was always going to happen. No matter how much scare mongering some users did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't trying to scaremonger tbh. I just don't trust Platini as far as i can throw him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scaremongering is perhaps a bit harsh.

Regardless of whether or not it was likely to happen, there's no problem voicing concern and distain at the very possibility of Lille getting a replay being mooted. Especially when its pouring out of every news outlet under the sun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

... but VDS ****ed up for the goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said above, Vidic has the responsibility for me to get rid early in that situation especially with the ball holding up as it did on the pitch. The bounce was never taking it far enough for VDS to get clean contact from under Nemanja's body with the Fulham player at his back. Don't get me wrong, VDS is culpable to a certain extent but Vidic was more at fault.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

can anybody explain to me why we're continuing to play Larsson?

He's been fracking woeful for us more often than not. Goes missing for large chunks of the game and looks off the pace whenever he is involved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saha has been insanely poor over the past couple of games , and since noone else is avaliable theres really only one option. Besdies that his movement is unbelievable and first first touch is usual top notch , he suffered today like 99% of the team.

He's been fracking woeful for us more often than not. Goes missing for large chunks of the game and looks off the pace whenever he is involved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take your pick from Saha's poor form and attitude/Ole not being able to play regularly/Alan Smith not being anywhere near 1st match fit in form or condition/Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo not being strikers/ or his form being nowhere near as bad as you're making out.

Its a combination of the last one and the first one btw.

I just cant have VDS there. today he mixed the brilliant with the abysmal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS Taz, mix-up with Vidic where he wasn't as culpable & one moment where he stood on the ball on a clearly dodgy pitch vs. multiple game saving saves.

The latter clearly outweighs the former.

agreed.

but there was no risk in signing him. none at all. :bigfatsafetywinkformika:

the one real positive to come from today (besides the totally undeserved three points ofc \o/ ) is that saha looked pretty lively again when he came on. he didn't have that disinterested look about him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Saha has been insanely poor over the past couple of games , and since noone else is avaliable theres really only one option. Besdies that his movement is unbelievable and first first touch is usual top notch , he suffered today like 99% of the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nail on the head.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

but there was no risk in signing him. none at all. :bigfatsafetywinkformika:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I just cant have VDS there. today he mixed the brilliant with the abysmal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS Taz, mix-up with Vidic where he wasn't as culpable & one moment where he stood on the ball on a clearly dodgy pitch vs. multiple game saving saves.

The latter clearly outweighs the former. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

The latter clearly outweighs the former. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt say he was bad but i wouldnt have him as MoM. There were one or two other moments from him that were a bit of a worry on top of what you have mentioned.

Archived