The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

who can we play instead of rio in mika's lineup for tuesday please?

richo at left back, heinze in the middle? frak it, why not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O'shea - Brown - Silvestre - Heinze

Park - Fletcher - Carrick - Richardson

Smith - Saha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

Smith - Saha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

o'pie and richo? look we don't care about the game, but let's not just hand it to em eh? icon_biggrin.gif

an indictment on the quality of today's game - the best player for each team was welsh. icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Yep play that + the Kush (as Mika said).

Heck as long as we're throwing names out there for wholesale changes lets get Dong in the mix.

o'pie and richo? look we don't care about the game, but let's not just hand it to em eh? icon_biggrin.gif

an indictment on the quality of today's game - the best player for each team was welsh. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Was thinking that but at Right back O'shea, just about begins to look like he could actually play football. Richardson on the other hand ...........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

"lets not hand it to em eh?" says the man who wanted O'Shea to stay in the middle of MF, Gabby at CB to replace Rio and Richardson at LB icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i haven't once been serious about the team selection in this game jim. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Yep play that + the Kush (as Mika said).

Heck as long as we're throwing names out there for wholesale changes lets get Dong in the mix. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good shout that.

"lets not hand it to em eh?" says the man who wanted O'Shea to stay in the middle of MF, Gabby at CB to replace Rio and Richardson at LB icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i haven't once been serious about the team selection in this game jim. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am icon_cool.gif

come on mika... it's been a fb day... had a few drinks... i gotta see it - tell everyone that we're going to win the league.

and mean it icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should know Matt being optomistic is like Hayleys comet, only comes round once every 100 years. icon_wink.gif

MotM: VDS (despite the dodgy start to the game he kept out at least 2 or 3 goals afterwards)

Runner-Up: None icon_biggrin.gif

AFFG: Vidic and VDS

Rooney, besides the great assist, had an absolute terrible game. Giggs was poor but better than the team average (probably our best player btw but that's not saying much). Vidic did have a howler. Rio was the most assured from the defence but still made quite alot of errors, Ronaldo was almost invisible throughout the game up until his moment of masterpiece. Carrick is back to his form right after we signed him IE. he sucks donkey balls. Evra poor and defensively calamitous and even Silvestre looked better icon_biggrin.gif (why no Heinze?), Brown bad, Scholes decent, Larrson completely invisible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Actually i'm thinking of giving the runnerup to Ronaldo because, even though he was out of it, he really looked the most interested in winning it. Even doing a jumping header to keep the ball in play. Now i was impressed by that icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Diving header that is.

what a game icon_biggrin.gif well what a **** game really but great result. met up with mart nick jonny and ali. stood the whole time on the stairs non stop united calypso pretty much. completely lost my voice.

giggs was absolutely awful from where we were. no idea who played well really, no one arguably apart from rio. Fulham fans so rubbish :*).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

did your dad or any your mates go WSR? just trying to work out how so many united fans got in. was good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope - it's a crap stadium, loads might have jibbed in. how did the protest/boycott go? were people buying refreshments? someone on ri is saying it kick-off at half-time with a couple of arrests and people getting thrown out, you see anything?

we stayed in the stand so not sure if people were buying stuff, but only saw one to two people come back into the stand with food out of a few thousand so was pretty good i think. quite a few "45 quid your having a laugh" chants.

didnt see any trouble where we were, stewards attempting to put people down rows but soon saw it was going to be impossible as there wasnt enough room.

i saw a few being given out but all the united fans and the fulham fans were coming from the same direction so didnt see many given out. saw a few people with them. reading on RI now seems some idiots used lame excuses not to join in with the protest. bunch of idiots :/.

I saw one person ejected from the stands for smoking. Nothing more.

****ing brilliant day. Yeah we were rubbish, but winning it like that just does give you a bit of a 'meant to be' feeling :/

Muchos love to BBB for sorting me at such short notice icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

BBB and Nick had their cameras out at half time. I don't do the cameras at games thing, too risky. In fact when Ronaldo scored I had to jump down about 3 roads to rescue my £150 glasses which were knocked off... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always take a picture of the pitch, never during the game.

haha me and Ali both almost lost our glasses, what a fantastic trip

And I probably won't catch the highlights, so...

MoM: Ronaldo

2nd: Rio

Not seen the full extent of VDS saves, but he didn't inspire confidence in the first half. I thought Giggs was shocking, Carrick was ABYSMAL, Scholes was quiet, Rooney didn't look arsed, Brown was a joke and the others average.

If we're looking for this destroyer type player like Hargreaves in the summer, we could really do a lot worse than Papa Boupe Diop. Alright, he should have been sent off, but he shut Scholes down today and looked tasty going forward. Probably the best player on the pitch imo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

And I probably won't catch the highlights, so...

MoM: Ronaldo

2nd: Rio

Not seen the full extent of VDS saves, but he didn't inspire confidence in the first half. I thought Giggs was shocking, Carrick was ABYSMAL, Scholes was quiet, Rooney didn't look arsed, Brown was a joke and the others average.

If we're looking for this destroyer type player like Hargreaves in the summer, we could really do a lot worse than Papa Boupe Diop. Alright, he should have been sent off, but he shut Scholes down today and looked tasty going forward. Probably the best player on the pitch imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the 2nd half VDS saved about 2 or 3 shots that any other day they would have probably go in.

only if we didn't have a goalkeeper at all... one save was a beauty, one was straight at him. he couldn't not save it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that the one-on-one?

Was convince we'd concede when he got through...

Right, I've now eaten so can type without getting grease on my keyboard.

Myself, Jonny and Nick arrived in London with plenty of time, texted Juni but the gaylord took ages to arrive, Jules met up with us, ditto Alilaw. The latter suitably sh*tting himself when my ticket bloke didn't turn up till after KO icon_biggrin.gif

Walked up to our seats, to find that there were no seats so we were stood in the aisle, fantastic atmosphere at first (United calypso ftw) then they scored and it went flat, then we equalised and went MENTAL, second half not so good really, I sent Mika/Juni the same text at 14.12 "I can't believe we've drawn here today" anti jinx ftw.

then it happened, ronaldo ran, took on 1, took on 2, shot and boom, utter bedlam, my glasses flew off but I managed to grab them and still go utterly mental, ended up a few stairs down too icon_biggrin.gif

Oh so happy, next week SO crucial

Just got back.

I think they showed a different game on the tv to the one we saw at Craven Cottage as apart from the goal Giggs was abysmal. This isn't just the view of the 5 of us who were together btw. Half the stand wanted him subbed for Park. He was terrible yet again but his goal will deflect all the criticism.

The constant long balls fro mdefence were poor today but if I am honestthere was no movement in midfield all game. Really only Larsson & Ronaldo seemed to be looking for the ball. Whenever Rooney got it he seemed intent on walking it into the net.

But yeah, today has actually got me properly believing now as we should have lost that game the way we played & we ended up fluking a win (after subbing off Vidic & bringing on O'Shiite & Silvestre I might add icon_eek.gif). That's how titles are won. A draw at Liverpool & then a draw against Chelsea will do me just fine icon14.gif

Wait wait wait wait wait a minute... that was Juni?

I literally had no idea icon_biggrin.gif It's always a dodgy one to ask though - 'Hi I'm Phil' 'I'm Ali - what's your username btw?' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention actually saying 'bee tee double yoo' :/

The atmosphere in the first half today was amazing. It was good for the first 5 minutes of the second half but the game was so dire the crowd eventually gave up.

Was rocking after the equalizer though icon_biggrin.gif Stand was literally bouncing, felt so unsafe.

But in the first half it's possibly the best atmosphere I have ever witnessed in person. Definitely pushes Liverpool at home last year close anyway.

Archived