The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i STILL cant ****ing speak after saturday icon_biggrin.gif

shouted myself so damn hoarse.

that boy ronaldo icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shame your arms are working again though! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know, its ridiculous icon_biggrin.gif

football is doing me damage at the moment, physically. cut my leg in the celebrations too after climbing a chair then falling through it (lord knows how).

but when you witness moments like that who cares. genuinely the biggest collective outpouring of joy ive witnessed maybe ever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

£36? Blimey. Thought I was being mugged big time paying £50 for mine, but no so bad I suppose icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

£36? Blimey. Thought I was being mugged big time paying £50 for mine, but no so bad I suppose icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif I know. But it was that or not go

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Gonch were you at Craven Cottage (apologies for my blindness if you've indicated before that you were)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was mate. my ticket was in the very first row directly behind the goal, but i moved about 5 rows back. was SO close to the players they could practically see me in the celebrations afterwards. i had to wear my suit to the game ffs, cos i stayed in london and went out on the friday night. must have looked like a right clown.

best thing about it is we were AWFUL icon_biggrin.gif

MotM:

1) Rio Ferdinand

2) Cristiano Ronaldo

rio for basically holding together what was an atrocious defensive display, as well as that some of his crossfield 30/40 yard passes were sublime. ronaldo for the obvious. i thought giggs was very competent, one of our better performers, the rest were so poor its not even worth discussing. glad vidic was hauled off because it was his worst game of the season for us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i thought giggs was very competent, one of our better performers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't have been at the match then icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

He's on about the Lille game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont think he is gregg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahh my bad. Assumed that the reason he was still shocked was cos it was a week later. You know what happens when you Assume.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

i thought giggs was very competent, one of our better performers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't have been at the match then icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh you're right i must have dreamt it all!!!!!!

vds made some crucial saves

Ronaldo, what can I say <3

Giggs was okay

Carrick and Scholes were poor imo

The amount of times the back four let the ball bounce was stupid

**** performance, but a win and nine point! icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its six points, chelsea will win their game in hand

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

yeh you're right i must have dreamt it all!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Well everyone who went to the game bar you said Giggs was utterly abysmal, anyone who watched it on TV thought he was near MOTM, you're bucking the trend so something is up icon13.gif

football is doing me damage at the moment, physically. cut my leg in the celebrations too after climbing a chair then falling through it (lord knows how).

but when you witness moments like that who cares. genuinely the biggest collective outpouring of joy ive witnessed maybe ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, cut the backs of both of my legs as well when that goal went in (and got an accidental elbow in the face off someone in front), was absolutely buzzing all day after that match. Probably the fact the game was going so badly that the winner was all that sweeter.

And what gonch said, it's 6. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely you've already written off our games against Chelsea and Liverpool so it's actually 0?

yeh you're right i must have dreamt it all!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Well everyone who went to the game bar you said Giggs was utterly abysmal, anyone who watched it on TV thought he was near MOTM, you're bucking the trend so something is up icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

regardless of how he performed overall (which i thought was fine) he scored a quality and crucial equaliser. makes him one of our better performers by default in my book.

speaking of liverpool, i got the whole native american indian tear thing happening when i saw mascherano start for liverpool, except it was scatter's tear and he was probably a bit more upset.

we'll draw against liverpool and lose to chelsea, but win the premiership by a point. mon.

dare i say it, i dont think we'll lose to both liverpool and chelsea. i can see us getting a result in one of them, maybe even a win.

regardless of that its not cut and dried depending on those games. we have pompey, everton and city away also which will all be very tough, and 5 home games.

but given the events of saturday followed by the sheer emotion felt by all leaving the stadium i think a few more people started to believe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

My cousin says you will regreat getting only a point from west ham,newcastle & arsenal away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well if your cousin says so it must be true. icon14.gif

in all honesty he/she could be right, but who knows, chelsea might end up regretting getting one point from middlesbrough away, spurs away and fulham at home.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

My cousin says you will regreat getting only a point from west ham,newcastle & arsenal away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No points were gained in the latter game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

No points were gained in the latter game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, I meant a total of 1 point from those 3.

My cousin saying it just got me thinking about it as those were game which

1) Chelsea dropped points and

2) You played well ( mostly)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

No points were gained away at West Ham either. We only got one point from all three games.

he means all 3 games together icon14.gif

Archived