The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

My cousin says you will regreat getting only a point from west ham,newcastle & arsenal away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No points were gained in the latter game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, I meant a total of 1 point from those 3.

My cousin saying it just got me thinking about it as those were same weeks where

1) Chelsea dropped points and

2) You played well ( mostly) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

Pointing out my muppetry is never tiresome Saha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's tiring though, just through having to do it so often.

Just to add to the was he *****/was he brilliant debate, the guardian match report

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Giggs wore the captain's armband in the absence of Gary Neville, who was left out for tactical reasons, it was said, in case anyone thought he was being disciplined for telling Ferguson where to go during that touchline fracas in Lens. Either way Giggs was inspired as he sought to break Fulham's grip on the midfield and in particular Michael Brown's shackling of Paul Scholes, with tireless running and a quality of vision that saw United draw level on the half-hour. Having released Wayne Rooney on the left, Giggs sprinted past the defence on the right to meet a dipping centre and beat Jan Lastuvka with a cross-shot off the outside of his left foot.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Man of the match: Ryan Giggs

Did more than anyone to keep his team in the game with tireless running and astute reading of situations.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Win on Saturday and we win the title i really belive this

I however think we will draw on saturday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that if we won on Saturday (we won't ofc), I'd begin to think that we have a chance...

one game at a time lads, come on 2nd XI!

She wore, she wore,

She wore a scarlet ribbon,

She wore a scarlet ribbon in the merry month of May

And when, I asked

Oh why she wore that ribbon,

She said it's for United and they're going to Wem-ber-ley,

Wem-ber-ley, Wem-ber-ley,

We're the famous Man United

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

tomorrow so irrelevant imo, wont be too down if we lose. would still be nice to be 1st team at the new wembley mind. i reckon 1-1 with us out on penalties. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whs, and if we do play a fringe team, extra would be good to give them more match fitness.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

no gregg, i want to go to Wembley in May too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said anything about Wembley?

I'm hoping the fecker fails to get a safety certificate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

no gregg, i want to go to Wembley in May too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said anything about Wembley?

I'm hoping the fecker fails to get a safety certificate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

closer to me than Cardiff icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I hope to see this team tomorrow.

Kuszczak

Neville

Brown

Heinze

Silvestre

Park

Fletcher

Carrick

Ronaldo/Rooney

Saha

Larsson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How can anyone ever hope for a team containing Silvestre? Apart from the opposition, obviously.

Smith must play. Regardless of any other considerations, assuming Larsson isn't staying, he needs games to be ready should he be needed in the run in, and much as i'd love us to do well in the FA Cup, this is the least important game between now and the end of the season in which to play him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I hope to see this team tomorrow.

Kuszczak

Neville

Brown

Heinze

Silvestre

Park

Fletcher

Carrick

Ronaldo/Rooney

Saha

Larsson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would do for me icon14.gif, plus just to add my two cents into the Giggs performance debate, I watched it at home and found that Giggs was below par, although his performance on Saturday was a better than the one he gave in Lille (bar the goal obviously).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I'd like to hear Mark's opinion on Giggsy's performance, bearing in mind his reputation for a well balanced perspective on this issue... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'll sound like i'm sitting on the fence, but taking the goal out of the equation he just didn't stand out for me at all, he blended in with the general mediocrity of our overall performance. I do think there were a couple of very good moments (the goal in particular), and some awful ones (letting the ball run under his foot when he would have had a run on goal stood out), which makes me wonder whether people have remembered the good and forgotten the bad, or vice versa, depending on their perspective? Why that would have emerged as a split between people who were there and people who watched on TV i've got no idea, so it could be rubbish.

Having said all that, as someone who was also surprised by the almost unanimous criticism of Saha at Lille, i wonder if i'm the person to ask about these sorts of things. I definitely seem to be getting further away from the concensus in terms of judging our players performances lately.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i've never been the Madejski Stadium before, it looks a good stadium on television </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

must be summat up with your telly. looks like every other plastic bowl that continue to pop up on mine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Yes that's right Mark, you used to have your finger on the pulse. All our fans backed Richardson over Giggs iirc icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you get older, 'recently' covers a much longer period of time. So i'm talking since the last ice age, really.

haha was just about to post the same thing myself..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Lille have confirmed they will continue their appeal against Uefa's decision to allow Manchester United's goal to stand in their stormy Champions League clash.

The French club lodged a complaint over Ryan Giggs's quickly taken free-kick but it was rejected by Uefa.

The European governing body will consider their appeal on Friday.

Uefa has also charged Lille with the improper behaviour of their players, who appeared to contemplate leaving the pitch in protest at United's goal.

A Uefa statement said: "Lille had until midnight [on Monday] to file an appeal after the Control and Disciplinary Body rejected the Ligue 1 side's claim that there had been a technical mistake by the referee in allowing Ryan Giggs's match-winning free-kick to be taken without having blown his whistle.

"The Control and Disciplinary Body vetoed the protest on the grounds that there was no proof of a technical error, making the solitary strike of last Tuesday's first knockout round first-leg tie in Lens perfectly valid.

"Uefa's Appeals Body will consider the Lille appeal on Friday.

Giggs's strike was the only goal of the first leg of the last 16 tie, with the second leg taking place on Wednesday 7 March.

In response to Lille's initial appeal Uefa said in a statement: "Having examined the referee's report, the television evidence at hand as well as the laws of the game, the Uefa decided to reject the protest, as there was no proof of a technical error.

"As a result, the body declared that the goal was perfectly valid.

"Furthermore, the control and disciplinary body decided to instigate proceedings against Lille for the improper behaviour of their players immediately after the goal."

But Lille were disappointed by Uefa's decision and said they would be seeking legal advice about whether to take the matter further.

A club statement said: "The feeling of injustice is shared with all of those who love football.

"This decision can be appealed within three days. We will review our options and our chances with our legal advisers and we will make a decision on Monday.

"We regret that Uefa has refused to review the matter."

On an incident-filled evening, United fans were involved in a crush scare in the Stade Felix-Bollaert and Uefa's control and disciplinary body will discuss the safety and security issues on 22 March.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT YOU TW*TS

You know the ideal scenario now actually. They call that first leg a 0-0 draw and then we go and absolutely cream them 6-0.

Archived