The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

HA, pick and choose.

I've applied for every away game this season, got chubbed for all but 2 and got tickets from other avenues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Portsmouth at home in the cup.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

HA, pick and choose.

I've applied for every away game this season, got chubbed for all but 2 and got tickets from other avenues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Portsmouth at home in the cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just incase you're having trouble reading fella.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

HA, pick and choose.

Portsmouth at home in the cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just incase you're having trouble reading fella. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering the original post he was replying to was about United in general my point stands. Just incase you're having trouble understanding fella.

Considering the original post he was replying to was about United in general my point stands. Just incase you're having trouble understanding fella. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Fergie, VdS, Scholes, Giggs and Red Nev all packing it in on the same day at the end of 07/08? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In all matches preceding the Semi-Finals, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up

to 15% of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a

fully segregated area, and subject to the following regulations:.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ....(ix) Where it is deemed desirable, the Council shall have the right to vary the allocation of

tickets to the Visiting Club, or require a match to be made all ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The council there i assume is the FA Council, who's decisions in practice are passed onto the chllenge cup commitee. So while the allocation could be reduced below that 15%, it's not a decision that Boro can make arbitrarily or independantly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldinho set for Old Trafford

The prospect of seeing David Beckham, Ronaldinho and Steven Gerrard take on the likes of Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo and Ryan Giggs is the stuff of fantasy football.

But the Jubliee Charity Match at Old Trafford on 13 March, which celebrates 50 years of Manchester United in European competition, will witness exactly that after Barcelona confirmed that four of their players will join the ranks of Marcello Lippi’s all-star Europe XI squad.

Ronaldinho, two-time FIFA World Player of the Year, is joined by his defensive team-mates Carles Puyol and Lilian Thuram, and midfielder Gianluca Zambrotta.

Europe XI: The squad so far

David Beckham (Real Madrid)

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Jamie Carragher (Liverpool)

Eric Abidal (Olympique Lyonnais)

Gregory Coupet (Olympique Lyonnais)

Juninho (Olympique Lyonnais)

Ronaldinho (Barcelona)

Carles Puyol (Barcelona) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

we should get about 4,000. We'll get about 1000 probably. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and still outsing the basts

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

no ronaldo no rooney no saha no scholes no giggs no neville and no evra in that game please </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no vidic no rio no larsson no carrick

who does that leave?

Richardson, O'Shea, Fletcher, Brown and Ole versus Europe icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

no ronaldo no rooney no saha no scholes no giggs no neville and no evra in that game please </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no vidic no rio no larsson no carrick

who does that leave?

Richardson, O'Shea, Fletcher, Brown and Ole versus Europe icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rio is superfit, vidic can play, larsson wont be around will he? as for carrick i dont mind if he plays tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

it's not a decision that Boro can make arbitrarily or independantly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt that's the case. You're suggesting that the FA Council's decision would over-ride the police or local health and safety licensing authority?

Remember, the EPL has similar rules for away allocations, which are pushed to one side when required.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

can anyone recommend me some united books to get? What are the tony o'neil books like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We are the famous Man United

class book

Afternoon guys, just popping in briefly!

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how a young player called Daniel Rose is doing for you?

I've heard he's a midfielder but other than that I know nothing.

I only ask because he was signed from Bristol City, and years ago used to play for the same team as a mate of mine.

I remember last year he got hold of his phone number and called him up trying to convince us they were best mates, while Rose desperately tried to get rid of him without making it obvious :**)

(After about 10 minutes of talking)

Mate: So you've seen Rooney?

DR: Yeh, I see him about now and again and stuff...

Mate: And Giggs?

DR: Yeh Giggsy aswell.

Mate: Paul Scholes?

DR: Yep, Paul Scholes aswell.

Mate: Ronaldo?

DR: YES..

Mate: So you get complimentary tickets then mate? How about I come up to see you for a game? Champions League or something?

DR: ....

Mate: DAN?

DR: ...Yeh mate sounds cool... Anyway I've gotta go.

Mate: Okay mate, I'll just give you my numb-

*hangs up*

Never been heard from since icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

it's not a decision that Boro can make arbitrarily or independantly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt that's the case. You're suggesting that the FA Council's decision would over-ride the police or local health and safety licensing authority?

Remember, the EPL has similar rules for away allocations, which are pushed to one side when required. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, i'm saying that Boro would need the back up of the police or local health and safety licensing authority. How easy or difficult that would be for them to get is another question, as is whether the challenge cup committee would be more or less accomodating about such a request.

Are our next 4 games all on TV lads?:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Liverpool Premiership 1245pm Sky

Lille Champions League 1945pm Sky

Middlesbro' FA Cup 1730pm BBC

Bolton Premiership 1245pm Sky

</pre>

I know the first two are for certain but I've just seen the k.o. times for the latter two and wondered if my assumptions were correct.

Now lets see if I can code properly...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Are our next 4 games all on TV lads?:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Liverpool Premiership 1245pm Sky

Lille Champions League 1945pm Sky

Middlesbro' FA Cup 1730pm BBC

Bolton Premiership 1245pm Sky

</pre>

I know the first two are for certain but I've just seen the k.o. times for the latter two and wondered if my assumptions were correct.

Now lets see if I can code properly... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yes you are correct with them all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BWCH:

Afternoon guys, just popping in briefly!

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how a young player called Daniel Rose is doing for you?

I've heard he's a midfielder but other than that I know nothing.

I only ask because he was signed from Bristol City, and years ago used to play for the same team as a mate of mine.

I remember last year he got hold of his phone number and called him up trying to convince us they were best mates, while Rose desperately tried to get rid of him without making it obvious :**)

(After about 10 minutes of talking)

Mate: So you've seen Rooney?

DR: Yeh, I see him about now and again and stuff...

Mate: And Giggs?

DR: Yeh Giggsy aswell.

Mate: Paul Scholes?

DR: Yep, Paul Scholes aswell.

Mate: Ronaldo?

DR: YES..

Mate: So you get complimentary tickets then mate? How about I come up to see you for a game? Champions League or something?

DR: ....

Mate: DAN?

DR: ...Yeh mate sounds cool... Anyway I've gotta go.

Mate: Okay mate, I'll just give you my numb-

*hangs up*

Never been heard from since icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

He's on loan at Oxford at the minute, was captain of the reserves prior to that and doing quite well. Made the bench for the Crewe Carling Cup game, but i can't see him making it with us. Tidy footballer but not Premiership quality really, should have a decent lower league career though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

is that where u were sitting WSR? I was down there for most of the first half but the atmosphere was pretty **** down there so went to the back of the stand where it was better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah row C of R28. me and the lad I was with were thinking about moving up to the top because there was more singing, but the stewards were being so fussy we didn't bother.

Dont know why i cared about the performance so much last night. I knew the team was crap and thought we would lose so should have been delighted we got through.

Still stand by what i said about Brown, i would happily sell both him and Silvestre to allow Pique and Evans to take their places. I really cant believe how bad his last two performances have been though.

And how come the Rafael and Fabio deal is in the news, i thought it was set up a couple of seasons ago?

Archived