The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

is that where u were sitting WSR? I was down there for most of the first half but the atmosphere was pretty **** down there so went to the back of the stand where it was better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah row C of R28. me and the lad I was with were thinking about moving up to the top because there was more singing, but the stewards were being so fussy we didn't bother. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahh i got a feeling i mightve seen you? you or your pal blonde wearing a stone island jacket? seemed to be the only people in that lower sector singing.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Dont know why i cared about the performance so much last night. I knew the team was crap and thought we would lose so should have been delighted we got through.

Still stand by what i said about Brown, i would happily sell both him and Silvestre to allow Pique and Evans to take their places. I really cant believe how bad his last two performances have been though.

And how come the Rafael and Fabio deal is in the news, i thought it was set up a couple of seasons ago? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would leave us ridiculously short of experience at centre back. Silvestre can gtf, but Wes should be 1st choice as back up centre back in case Vidic or Rio get an injury. Otherwise we're left with Heinze, who has never convinced me he could cut it as a premiership CB, O'Shea (enough said), and the two kids who are untried at this level (i believe Pique is generally playing centre mid in Spain?).

i realise the argument that if they never get games, how do they get experience, but you can still have them around as back up with an experienced player available as well should they need to be out of the firing line, or simply don't prove to be good enough. Most young players, regardless of how good they look in the reserves or on loan, don't cut it at our level, and until they prove themselves we can consider palying them, but shouldn't consider relying on them. Same goes for Rossi fwiw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

is that where u were sitting WSR? I was down there for most of the first half but the atmosphere was pretty **** down there so went to the back of the stand where it was better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah row C of R28. me and the lad I was with were thinking about moving up to the top because there was more singing, but the stewards were being so fussy we didn't bother. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahh i got a feeling i mightve seen you? you or your pal blonde wearing a stone island jacket? seemed to be the only people in that lower sector singing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No that wasn't me, I have black hair and I was wearing a black Helly Hansen coat, mainly standing in the aisle. I think the person you are on about was standing near me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Dont know why i cared about the performance so much last night. I knew the team was crap and thought we would lose so should have been delighted we got through.

Still stand by what i said about Brown, i would happily sell both him and Silvestre to allow Pique and Evans to take their places. I really cant believe how bad his last two performances have been though.

And how come the Rafael and Fabio deal is in the news, i thought it was set up a couple of seasons ago? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would leave us ridiculously short of experience at centre back. Silvestre can gtf, but Wes should be 1st choice as back up centre back in case Vidic or Rio get an injury. Otherwise we're left with Heinze, who has never convinced me he could cut it as a premiership CB, O'Shea (enough said), and the two kids who are untried at this level (i believe Pique is generally playing centre mid in Spain?).

i realise the argument that if they never get games, how do they get experience, but you can still have them around as back up with an experienced player available as well should they need to be out of the firing line, or simply don't prove to be good enough. Most young players, regardless of how good they look in the reserves or on loan, don't cut it at our level, and until they prove themselves we can consider palying them, but shouldn't consider relying on them. Same goes for Rossi fwiw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Pique is playing Centre Mid or Right Back in Spain but looking right at home doing so.

We have some mediocre at best squad players and we should be looking to give youth a try at their expence. Evans is an International who has looked great at that level and by all reports looks top class in the Championship. He was also great in pre season.

And what can it hurt to give Rossi more chances, he has looked good for us up to now and is the ideal man to step in for Rooney when he is injured/suspended or just crap like he has been at times this season.

I understand what you are saying with keeping Brown and i'm all for that as long as the kids get a chance but i can see Fergie just using he and Heinze(If Silvestre goes) to cover both full back and centre back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

That would leave us ridiculously short of experience at centre back. Silvestre can gtf, but Wes should be 1st choice as back up centre back in case Vidic or Rio get an injury. Otherwise we're left with Heinze, who has never convinced me he could cut it as a premiership CB, O'Shea (enough said), and the two kids who are untried at this level (i believe Pique is generally playing centre mid in Spain?). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wouldn't sell silvertire either tbh. chelsea proof this season of the dangers of only carrying three centre backs - although we have more players that are capable of playing there if needed than chelsea do tbf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

James, I do apologise and will pay up, I promise </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oi what about me and anyone else you owe??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

That would leave us ridiculously short of experience at centre back. Silvestre can gtf, but Wes should be 1st choice as back up centre back in case Vidic or Rio get an injury. Otherwise we're left with Heinze, who has never convinced me he could cut it as a premiership CB, O'Shea (enough said), and the two kids who are untried at this level (i believe Pique is generally playing centre mid in Spain?). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wouldn't sell silvertire either tbh. chelsea proof this season of the dangers of only carrying three centre backs - although we have more players that are capable of playing there if needed than chelsea do tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was working on the premise of Pique being good enough to step up to the main squad, so that's 4. And like you said, with players like Heinze who can also play there, that should be enough cover.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oi what about me and anyone else you owe?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get the benefit of his friendship?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

You get the benefit of his friendship? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so do Jim and the other people he owe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

You get the benefit of his friendship? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so do Jim and the other people he owe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno then. Maybe because Jim is a big lumbering giant of a man?

Blatter backs up the english shocker!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Champions League last 16 first leg tie against Manchester United was marred by overcrowding in the away section, with fans spilling out onto the playing area to avoid being crushed.

“In Lens, there are fences still, and it should not be permitted to play Champions League matches in such a stadium.

“I cannot understand those who organise the Champions League accept a stadium like Lens to play such a match.â€

Lille attempted to absolve themselves of blame, instead criticising United for distributing the tickets too early, and allowing high-quality fakes to be reproduced. The Premiership side hit back though, claiming the tickets were of a poor quality, and easily forgeable.

Blatter refused to apportion blame, though insisted countries should look to English stadia when considering safety issues in stadium design.

“It should be an example for everywhere else in the world,†he claimed. “There is comfort and security in the stadia where everyone is seated and you have no fences.

“If this was applied to all the other big leagues some would not face the problems they are facing now.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

unfortunately i agree with you mika, no one will be willing to shell out other than a shilling for old kidney bean head where as gabby could reach a sizeable chunk of debt repayment on the cattle market.

Evra >>>>>>>>>>> Heinze btw, gabby was horribly rust (read poor) last night. AR-GEN-TINA AR-GEN-TINA to affinity.

I hope we sign another Argie if Gabby does go, that chant just baffles opponent fans.

Cambiasso or Crespo (fergie and his love for old, should've signed u years ago strikers ftw) please.

FA Cup 6th Round Middlesbrough v United, Riverside Stadium, Saturday 10 March, k.o. 5:30pm

Ticket prices and allocation are still to be confirmed, however due to the shortage of time registrations for both Executive Members and qualifying Season Ticket holders will take place from 9am on Wednesday 28 February through to 5pm on Thursday 1 March.

Ballot results will be available from Friday 2 March.

No, i'm saying that Boro would need the back up of the police or local health and safety licensing authority. How easy or difficult that would be for them to get is another question, as is whether the challenge cup committee would be more or less accomodating about such a request. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boro have never asked for a reduction. It's always been the licensing authority forcing it upon them.

Boro have always said 'don't blame us gov'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

No, i'm saying that Boro would need the back up of the police or local health and safety licensing authority. How easy or difficult that would be for them to get is another question, as is whether the challenge cup committee would be more or less accomodating about such a request. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boro have never asked for a reduction. It's always been the licensing authority forcing it upon them.

Boro have always said 'don't blame us gov' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So my original statement that Boro can't force a reduction on their own was completely correct then?

I'll happily take being right totally by accident, i'm not proud icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fergie wants more noise

Sir Alex Ferguson has called on the Manchester United fans to crank up the noise at Old Trafford.

With United chasing three trophies, Ferguson is eager for his team to be receiving the full vocal backing of the club's supporters.

The Red Devils boss has been impressed with the atmosphere generated by the team's followers in the last two away games at Fulham and Reading.

But Ferguson feels the same can not always be said of the Old Trafford crowd and he is keen for the fans to turn up the volume.

"The support we have received in our last two games at Fulham and Reading has been absolutely unbelievable," said Ferguson.

"There were only 4,000 of them at Reading on Tuesday night, but the volume was incredible.

"They never stopped singing and were great for us.

"If only we could get 16 times that amount of noise from a 68,000 crowd at Old Trafford it would be fantastic."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone tell him ffs.

Archived