The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

isn't he right anyway? how many away tickets do we usually have to give out?

take that away and we'd be left with about 68k united fans wouldn't we? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>3 or 4k i think

And most lcubs return a load of them

apparently Boro want to give us an allocation of 5k for the cup game, the c**ting FLA and police want us to get just 1k. that's from someone on Red News, wouldn't surprise me.

also apparently Liverpool contacted the guys who own the banners on tier 2 asking if they'd like to put them up in the away end at Anfield on saturday icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">also apparently Liverpool contacted the guys who own the banners on tier 2 asking if they'd like to put them up in the away end at Anfield on saturday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ooo What was the reply?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Magistrates ban Man Utd

A Bulgarian football fan is celebrating a partial victory in his legal battle to change his name to Manchester United.

Marin Levidzhev, from Veliko Tarnovo, is now legally allowed to call himself Manchester Levidzhev after a two year court case.

But local magistrates said his ardent support of the club was not enough reason to change his surname to United.

Mr Levidzhev said he would take the case to a higher court.

"I feel as if I am only at the half-time break. I won't feel right until I get all my name changed to Manchester United," he said.

"I love the club. It's my whole life and I want my name to reflect that."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Admit it Mart, it was you wasn't it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Nick, get yerself on MSN and get Fran's card, NHL in London tickets on sale \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

she's in work icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

"The support we have received in our last two games at Fulham and Reading has been absolutely unbelievable," said Ferguson.

"There were only 4,000 of them at Reading on Tuesday night, but the volume was incredible.

"They never stopped singing and were great for us.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fergie wants more noise

Sir Alex Ferguson has called on the Manchester United fans to crank up the noise at Old Trafford.

With United chasing three trophies, Ferguson is eager for his team to be receiving the full vocal backing of the club's supporters.

The Red Devils boss has been impressed with the atmosphere generated by the team's followers in the last two away games at Fulham and Reading.

But Ferguson feels the same can not always be said of the Old Trafford crowd and he is keen for the fans to turn up the volume.

"The support we have received in our last two games at Fulham and Reading has been absolutely unbelievable," said Ferguson.

"There were only 4,000 of them at Reading on Tuesday night, but the volume was incredible.

"They never stopped singing and were great for us.

"If only we could get 16 times that amount of noise from a 68,000 crowd at Old Trafford it would be fantastic."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

any co-incidence i was at both games? icon_cool.gif i think not. did anyone on here apply for borough?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United paid out more than £40 million last season to service the costs of the huge debts used to finance Malcolm Glazer's £800 million takeover.

According to United's full accounts for the year ended June 30, 2006, filed at Companies House this week one month after the club released a summary of the figures, Manchester United Ltd paid £44.3 million in loans to parent company Red Football Limited.

The figure is buried in a note to the club's consolidated cash flow statement and is the only direct reference to how much it is costing United to service the £660 million of debt secured on Old Trafford.

Last year the Glazers refinanced their borrowings by increasing the so-called senior debt facility to £575 million in an effort to reduce annual interest payments.

But news of the alarmingly large amount of money needed to service the debt last year will only add to the concerns of those supporters opposed to the American takeover </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The glazers have been excellent iirc

Smithy's autograph icon_cool.gif

reserves won 3-0 tonight against newcastle btw, first half goals from Barnes and Mullan and a brilliant third from Chris Eagles right at the end. very very comfortable, Eagles was brilliant again, between him and the excellent Kieran Lee for man of the match. Smithy was pretty good, typically fiery, Dong had a bit of a mare though. i'm still thawing out, i swear Hyde has it's own microclimate that's 5 degrees colder than the rest of manchester.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

lets stop now. nothing but depression can come from it..

"a quarter of the way to death" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

my present:

"anyway, he is a vegetable now, and that's something we've all got to look forward to.. so.. happy birthday. cya later." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:***)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

30 in july here icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's nothing, 35 in May. icon_frown.gif

Where's Eddie when you need him?

24 in August, so icon_frown.gif

Many happy returns to you though Mart! icon14.gif

Anyone else read on BBCs football gossip that Keano has put his Manager of the Month award in the garage because "he doesn't want pats on the back"?

I know its probably from a tabloid & its been probably been sensationalised but the sentiment doesn't sound out of character for the man, i.e. he's not won anything until he's won anything, and even when he does he'll hide it away so looking at it doesn't quell his desire to win.

Keano going to be such a good manager. icon_cool.gif *fingers crossed*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> from our friends at www.manutdportugal.com comes another story for RN. They are well placed for stories and have good sources within United - expect the press to re-light this link (and tagged their exclusives), but here's what Man Utd Portugal tell us

'Interesting news received today by Portuguese Manchester United Supporters Club refers that Manchester United and Sporting Lisbon are negotiating a summer transfer for exciting midfielder Nani. The first contact from Manchester was made last December by Assistant Manager Carlos Queiróz but Sporting Lisbon directors refused to agree any deal for the Portuguese international, who will only be available at the end of the season. Sporting are dealing with numerous financial problems and club infrastructures have recently been sold including some areas within his own stadium. Sporting Lisbon president Filipe Soares Franco already state to Portuguese press that he won’t carry on in charge if the club fail to reduce debt until the end of the year. Most probably solution won’t please the club fans but Sporting will have no choice other than sell some players next summer. Talented young players like João Moutinho, Miguel Veloso, Nani or Yanick Djalo are among the ones who can leave to club to cut financial debt.

Portuguese Manchester United Supporters Club know that Manchester United and Sporting Lisbon are secretly dealing the possibility of 20 years old Nani to join the Red Devils next July before the club go on the Asia Tour 2007. On the last couple of months, Assistant Manager Carlos Queiróz and Sir Alex Ferguson himself followed the player from close range making quite a few appearances in Lisbon and even at the Portuguese national team matches. Manchester United European scouts were more than once spotted by Portuguese press within the crowd at Alvalade XXI stadium.

The right-sided midfield footballer is contracted to the Lisbon outfit until 2008 and Sporting want to extend it by two or three years, while also eager to insert a clause stating that he cannot be sold for less than £17.5million during that period. This week Nani made it clear to Portuguese press that he isn’t happy at the club, refusing to extend any deal because he’s currently the lower-paid player from the squad. The young winger never hide’s his desire to move to a bigger club at some point and Portuguese fellow Cristiano Ronaldo already express his opinion about Nani referring that he loved to see the talented winger at Old Trafford.

Both clubs sign a partnership back in 2003 when Cristiano Ronaldo went to Old Trafford for £12.2 million. Assistant Manager Carlos Queiróz helped with the deal that’s now over. With only two years left in his contract and flattered by Manchester United interest, Nani and his well known agent Jorge Mendes [the same as Cristiano Ronaldo and José Mourinho] will certainly wait to renew any new contact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived