Jamie Carragher (Liverpool)

Eric Abidal (Olympique Lyonnais)

Gregory Coupet (Olympique Lyonnais)

Juninho (Olympique Lyonnais)

Ronaldinho (Barcelona)

Carles Puyol (Barcelona)

Gianluca Zambrotta (Barcelona)

Lilian Thuram (Barcelona)

Plenty will consider going purely because of the globetrotter effect of Ronaldinho & Becks and the rest vs. our lot, but with it being played at a stupid point in the season (whoever decided not to play it post-season is an utter-utter tool), and midweek I doubt it'll get near selling out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> OLE Gunnar Solskjaer is to have more surgery on his knee, leaving Sir Alex Ferguson with a possible striker crisis.

The Norwegian frontman has been booked in for an operation to clean out the knee which required intensive surgery in August 2004 and forced him out of the game for 20 months.

Although the latest setback is nowhere near as serious as the first injury, which he suffered in 2003, it is expected to rule Solskjaer out for several weeks.

The news could force Fergie into one last bid at trying to keep Henrik Larsson at Old Trafford until the end of the season. He is due to return to Helsingborg on March 12, which would leave the Reds with just Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha and Alan Smith as his striking options.

Having made just five first-team appearances last season, Solskjaer has made a stunning return to form this season, scoring 10 goals in 21 appearances including one in Tuesday's FA Cup defeat of Reading. But he has been reporting soreness in his knee, convincing club doctors he needs to go under the knife.

It means Solskjaer will miss tomorrow's crunch clash with Liverpool at Anfield, a game for which team-mate Rio Ferdinand can't wait.

The England defender will use a close encounter with Liverpool's fans as his motivation as United try to extend their lead over Chelsea at the top of the Premiership to 12 points, if only for a few hours. Ferdinand was a spectator when the sides last meet on Merseyside last year. It proved an unhappy day for United, who crashed out of the FA Cup and saw Smith carried off with an horrific broken leg.

But for Ferdinand, who was injured for that game, the day was memorable for the chance to watch the fierce rivals fight it out from the Anfield stands - where he was given a hot reception. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I really hope no bugger turns up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As do I, the game being called off because of lack of interest would be uber for us, but I do think that because the price of tickets is relatively cheap and they are available, plenty of locals who can't usually get hold of tickets will take the opportunity even if it is a friendly.

Having Rossi be out on loan when, even with Larsson in on loan, we had two strikers that are suceptible to injury & Alan Smith still getting back to real match fitness, did make the decision to allow him to go to Parma questionable, but with Ole holding up fine until now, the most inopportune time to get an injury, and Saha as well, it can be said that to go and get regular playing time in Italy made more sense than him sitting on the bench (which he wouldn't have got near in the majority of games)/playing with the reserves.

At the end of the day he's not going to be able to come back so there's no point bemoaning the decision, and on the bright side he has looked bright and scored goals for Parma (Ranieri >>>>> Roeder) and that'll help when he comes back (even if only to make him more marketable should Fergie decide to go another way).

Makes Fergie's comments the other day about Smithy being ready to throw in seem somewhat more than a calculated confidence boost. They must have know about this for a week or two now and wanted to see how Ole held up.

Nick you went to the reserves yester correct? How'd Smithy get on? (Assuming he played of course)

he did well. nothing wrong with his basic fitness, he was still charging about like a mentalist in the 90th minute. his touch was alright, still looks a little rusty in that respect though. didn't really get any goalscoring chances. still think he'd take a handful of games at least to get up to full speed and we don't really have that luxury at this stage.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Fred, i think your ma left the oven on. be a good lad and stick your head in and check </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sister is in the shower I'll check on her instead.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Ronaldo up front may not be that bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see either Rossi being returned or even Dong being given a chance on the bench as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

It is when it means Fletch on the wing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs and Park?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

FFS, where's the ignore user option... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quoting this for the people who know where it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click on username, is in the drop down box that appears.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

FFS, where's the ignore user option... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quoting this for the people who know where it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click on username, is in the drop down box that appears. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wooosh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

harsh icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps, but "your sister" & "your mum" jokes can all go to hell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

Ronaldo up front may not be that bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see either Rossi being returned or even Dong being given a chance on the bench as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rossi can't be recalled. Dong's not ready on the evidence of the last couple of reserve games.

It is when it means Fletch on the wing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs and Park? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that would be the right thing to do. But experience suggests otherwise icon_frown.gif

Perhaps, but "your sister" & "your mum" jokes can all go to hell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was hoping Fred would genuinely follow my advice, not making a joke icon_frown.gif

Gregg, I can't decide if you're taking a shot at me or whether you're actually looking for an answer to the same question I am... ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm bored in work. It was a shot, but a playful one.

Was hoping somebody like PJ or Martin would have quoted me too tbh considering i'm a gazillion more times likely to be put on ignore than you.

Perhaps, but "your sister" & "your mum" jokes can all go to hell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was hoping Fred would genuinely follow my advice, not making a joke icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow who came in here and took a poke at me?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Duo out of Anfield trip

Darren Fletcher and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will miss United's crucial Premiership trip to Liverpool on Saturday lunchtime thanks to ankle and knee injuries respectively.

Fletcher, who featured in the 3-2 FA Cup win at Reading on Tuesday night, will be out for two weeks with an ankle knock, while Solskjaer is unavailable until the Blackburn game at Old Trafford on 31 March following a minor operation on his knee earlier this week.

"Everyone else is fit aside from Darren and Ole," confirmed Sir Alex at his pre-match press briefing. "Ole had a minor operation to wash out the knee. He should be back for the match against Blackburn." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not too long.

Blackburn is on the 31st of this month, not too bad then i guess. between Henke leaving on the 12th and that game i think i'm right in saying we only have one league game (Bolton on the 17th) and then an international weekend on the 24th? not sure when the CL QF's are if we make it that far.

Archived