The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Would you fight

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ducking the flying boot. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I mean ffs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

...all my current thinking just centres on our current players doing the business and winning the title. There's time for nostalgia later - that's what summer's for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I mean ffs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

...all my current thinking just centres on our current players doing the business and winning the title. There's time for nostalgia later - that's what summer's for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on Mika icon14.gif wp.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Fergie still beaming over Giggs

By Graeme Bailey - Created on 2 Mar 2007

Sir Alex Ferguson continues to purr over Ryan Giggs, despite the fact he is ready to clock up 700 appearances for the club.

When Giggs plays against Liverpool on Saturday, he will be only the second player in United history - the other being Sir Bobby Charlton - to reach the milestone.

"I still get as excited watching Ryan now as I have always done," said Ferguson.

"He is an exceptional person who has prepared the right way to be a top footballer.

"He has always looked after himself but, more importantly, he has this incredible talent that has never left him and never waned in a 16-year period. It is phenomenal."

Ferguson revealed that Giggs goes through special preparations each week to make sure he stays injury free.

"There was a period five or six years ago when he was getting problems with his hamstrings," he continued.

"But we found a cure for it and the right preparation for it, which he carries out every week.

"It is terrific in the way he makes the sacrifice to ensure he doesn't have any problems physically.

"He is always available. I don't always play him because I can't. But when he is there, he is a great player.

"It is increasingly difficult for a player to play so many times for one club.

"We have Gary Neville and Paul Scholes here as well. It is a great credit to these players and a great credit to the club that we have these players who have chosen to stay with us for that length of time." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs such an utter legend. Don't get too excited though Fergie.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Stefanovic creams over Vidic

Portsmouth captain Dejan Stefanovic is convinced Manchester United's Nemanja Vidic will go on to become the best defender in the world.

"Nemanja is a typical English-style defender - and you don't get many of those coming from foreign countries," he said. "He is strong, powerful and is perfect for the Premiership. He is a Serbian John Terry and I believe Nemanja will go on to be much better than him.

"He is playing for the biggest club in England and one of the biggest in Europe. He has the potential to be the best central defender in the world.

"Nemanja struggled a little bit when he first signed for United and people were very critical of him but he has proved them all wrong this season.

"He has been one of the best players in the Premiership and is a hero in Serbia.

"Nemanja is a defender first and foremost but always scored goals for Red Star because he is a big threat at set-pieces.

"We speak a couple of times a month and he is very happy in Manchester.

"I told him he has to stay focused because when you play for a club like United it only takes a couple of bad games and you are out.

"United have still to come to Fratton Park and I'm looking forward to seeing him - but not to playing against him in this form."

Former Red Star coach Zoran Filipovic also told The Sun: "It was a very good step for him to go to United and maybe he could go on to be the best defender in the world.

"Fabio Cannavaro is a defender and is the World Player of the Year. If you ask me Vidic can do the same.

"Alex Ferguson is a great coach and I have been watching many of United's games and I'm so happy and proud that people in England are giving Vidic the recognition he deserves.

"A few months ago I asked him to bring me one of his Manchester United shirts, which he did when he was back for an international.

"He even signed it for me and I've got it in my house . . . not bad." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Closet United fan there? icon_biggrin.gif

scholes a maniac. why was rooney taken off anyone?

btw, save from VDS was unreal. forget scholes, forget ronaldo, forget larsson. he's the reason united are top of the league, should have been bought after schmeichel left.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by billy manutdfan:

Changed your opinion yet Matt? icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Nah, won't make a bit of difference.

Big game coming up now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Edwin van der Sar and Rio Ferdinand are absolute heroes after that btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, the two bright lights among a bunch of dismal performances. But who cares about the negatives after an ending like that.

YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS

\o/\o/\o/

My "pessimism" is being strongly tested here, that was just FANTASTIC.

It's not in the bag or anything yet but Christ, that result is massive. I finally think after seeing that, we have a real chance of completing the job now. Still a number of hurdles to overcome and it's not over until it's over, but...we have a decent chance.

Re: the match, VDS an utter hero with that save, that was so crucial, JOS with a great moment to win it, but the real hero today, the really monumental performance today was from Rio Ferdinand. Utter rock.

The team spirit shown after the goal and and FT was just amazing too, absolutely incredible togetherness there, like last week, it's something really special.

The only low notes were the red cards and injury of course...at least we have the FA Cup game coming up to field the reserves again.

can't emphasise enough how immense Rio was today. his best performance for us i reckon, stepped up when Vida was struggling, that was as close as you're ever like to get from Rio to a Vidic/Terry-esque performance - everything that came into the box was met by him. f**king superb.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Hopefully Rooney isn't too hurt. Swallowed my everything when Saha went down after that run.

SOHAPPYRIGHTNOW </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just a gash to his leg apparently, wouldn't imagine that's going to keep him out very long

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by billy manutdfan:

91st minute, kop end, so sweet icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

especially after Gerrard won the toss and decided to attack the Kop first half so we had the sun in our eyes second half icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Fat Santa:

You do know realise BBB is going to continue to start the United match threads now we won that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hell, let him. i'd let him do near enough anything he wanted (easy now) if it's going to mean results like that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I finally think after seeing that, we have a real chance of completing the job now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't start saying things like that, it's been going fine with your constant lack of belief. Don't muck with it when it's working

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Fat Santa:

You do know realise BBB is going to continue to start the United match threads now we won that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hell, let him. i'd let him do near enough anything he wanted (easy now) if it's going to mean results like that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived