The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Hopefully Rooney isn't too hurt. Swallowed my everything when Saha went down after that run.

SOHAPPYRIGHTNOW </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just a gash to his leg apparently, wouldn't imagine that's going to keep him out very long </div></BLOCKQUOTE>depends how deep it it, as was reasonably close to where his knee bends

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Fat Santa:

You do know realise BBB is going to continue to start the United match threads now we won that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hell, let him. i'd let him do near enough anything he wanted (easy now) if it's going to mean results like that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

easy Nick. Words like that can get you into trouble. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Probably Illegal:

For some reason it feels so great winning in such a dodgy way. Especially O'Shea, what a legend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kinda felt it that we'd score, got it with Rio's goal a couple of games back as well.

Was expecting Ronaldo to score somehow from there, but O'Shea icon_cool.gif ****ing absolute legend son

carrick and giggs centre-mid with park wide until scholesy/fletch are back i reckon. at least the fa cup game means scholesy only misses two in the league (one if we go to a replay i think).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I finally think after seeing that, we have a real chance of completing the job now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't start saying things like that, it's been going fine with your constant lack of belief. Don't muck with it when it's working </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point.

Umm, yeah those bans/injures are really going to cost us, Blackburn and Bolton are tough teams and they'll run us close even at OT. Without Scholes and Rooney we could quite frankly lose both games, lose to Chelsea and boom, title is theres icon_frown.gif People just too giddy atm icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Not really Gregg, I mean lets face it, we were bloody lucky, the pessimism is well-founded.

But quite frankly, I don't give a toss atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt say all did i.

I know you're gonna be one of the ones who think "yay, lets all go together" then sneak back to his warm embrace of pessimism quicker than you can say "YAAAAAS."

am I right in thinking this is the schedule?

Wed Lille H

Sat/Sun Boro A (Cup)

Tue? stupid friendly thing

Sat England game

Wed England game

Sat/Sun United v Bolton?

anyway get through the Lille game, and we should see a near full strength side against boro with the internationals coming up, no reason to rest players.

So we'll be at least 6 points clear and in the CL qtr finals, and hopefully the FA Cup semis. Will Scholes be suspended for the cup game? shame he won't be available for the prem when it's back as he'll be fresh after the internationals.

GET THE **** IN!!!!!

Rio was absolutley sensational today along with Edwin (schmecial-esq save from crouches shot) and I thought Scholes was superb before his sending off (if he was going to get sent off for that he should have least made contact!), and what better than seeing that? Seeing Phil Thompson's big nosed face looking sick as **** on soccer saturday icon_biggrin.gif!

MoM: Rio

2nd: VDS

forever taking him out of the doghouse: John O'shea

GET THE **** IN!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Wed Lille H

Sat/Sun Boro A (Cup)

Sat England game

Wed England game

Sat/Sun United v Bolton?

anyway get through the Lille game, and we should see a near full strength side against boro with the internationals coming up, no reason to rest players.

So we'll be at least 6 points clear and in the CL qtr finals, and hopefully the FA Cup semis. Will Scholes be suspended for the cup game? shame he won't be available for the prem when it's back as he'll be fresh after the internationals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not quite.

Wed Lille H

Sat Boro A Cup

Wed Friendly thing

Sat Bolton H

Wed/Sat England game i think

following Sat Blackburn H

Scholesy out for the cup game + Bolton and Blackburn. might not be the worst thing if we can muddle through and he comes back refreshed for the rest of the season

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

should we have? must've missed that, probably clutching my face in agonising tensenessness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saha clearly brought down /o\

Not like it matters now though icon_cool.gif

should we have? must've missed that, probably clutching my face in agonising tensenessness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agger on Saha. Very good shout in my eyes.

Posted this in the match thread RE Scholes getting sent off. Please tell me I am notimagining all of this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Scholes shouldn't have been sent off, here is the reason why:

If yo uwatch as the ball is cleared Carragher is tripped by Giggs (I think) but the ref plays advantage as Alonso gets the ball. He tussles with Scholes who wins the ball off him.

At this point the referee blows his whistle as there was no advantage for Liverpool. Scholes having not seen CArragher get tripped thinks the referee has blown for a foul against him.

He spins round & throws his arm as if to say "oh **** off ref". Referee misinterprets it as hi mthrowing a punch. If yo uwatch the replay his arm doesn't swing as if it's a punch & his hand is open, not clenched.

I cannot believe nobody else has seen it this way. If Scholes was going to swing a punch & make it that obvious then he would've made contact. Scholes isn't the kind of person to throw a punch, he is more into catching players late to get revenge.

I expect it to get overturned or at least reduced as it's not violent conduct.

The most he could get charged with is 'intent to slap'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tanman007:

Oh yeah

I told my mate that Giggs was telling Ronaldo to go for goal, forget about the cross, best man for that situation, beautiful right foot, perfect ball.

This is going to be a great week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers for that video.

OH ****ING YES YES YES YES YES YES.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Posted this in the match thread RE Scholes getting sent off. Please tell me I am notimagining all of this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Scholes shouldn't have been sent off, here is the reason why:

If yo uwatch as the ball is cleared Carragher is tripped by Giggs (I think) but the ref plays advantage as Alonso gets the ball. He tussles with Scholes who wins the ball off him.

At this point the referee blows his whistle as there was no advantage for Liverpool. Scholes having not seen CArragher get tripped thinks the referee has blown for a foul against him.

He spins round & throws his arm as if to say "oh **** off ref". Referee misinterprets it as hi mthrowing a punch. If yo uwatch the replay his arm doesn't swing as if it's a punch & his hand is open, not clenched.

I cannot believe nobody else has seen it this way. If Scholes was going to swing a punch & make it that obvious then he would've made contact. Scholes isn't the kind of person to throw a punch, he is more into catching players late to get revenge.

I expect it to get overturned or at least reduced as it's not violent conduct.

The most he could get charged with is 'intent to slap'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's what I saw but I'd have to see it again, as I was in the pub and wasn't sure whether there was a whistle prior to the "swipe".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Wed Lille H

Sat/Sun Boro A (Cup)

Sat England game

Wed England game

Sat/Sun United v Bolton?

So we'll be at least 6 points clear and in the CL qtr finals, and hopefully the FA Cup semis. Will Scholes be suspended for the cup game? shame he won't be available for the prem when it's back as he'll be fresh after the internationals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not quite.

Wed Lille H

Sat Boro A Cup

Wed Friendly thing

Sat Bolton H

Wed/Sat England game i think

following Sat Blackburn H

Scholesy out for the cup game + Bolton and Blackburn. might not be the worst thing if we can muddle through and he comes back refreshed for the rest of the season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah ok, well after today's result, 4 points against Bolton + Blackburn will probably be good enough, maybe even 3, and that's assuming Chelsea win today.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

btw - we had really, really better start playing well. because (great though it is) performances like Fulham, Reading and now Liverpool, well we'll get found out sooner or later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on yeah, add Lille away to that list and it's four jammy wins in a row. Needs sorting.

yeah. saha to start on wednesday, be nice to actually see us control and dominate a game, it's been a while. surely the confidence gained in this run of four away games has to be a huge boost.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

btw - we had really, really better start playing well. because (great though it is) performances like Fulham, Reading and now Liverpool, well we'll get found out sooner or later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on yeah, add Lille away to that list and it's four jammy wins in a row. Needs sorting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another way of looking at it could be that this is our poor run of games. We've not had many bad runs this season. So if this is it and we've still been winning them, then thats a good thing. icon14.gif

If we can return to a little bit of form, then it makes us very dangerous when we havent dropped points.

We were lucky, admits Ferguson

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson hailed the 1-0 win over Liverpool as a "massive result" - but admitted his side were lucky at Anfield.

John O'Shea scored in injury time to put the Red Devils 12 points ahead of Chelsea - who play at Portsmouth later on Saturday. It was against the run of play and Ferguson admitted "Liverpool will feel very unlucky."

He told Sky Sports: "It was a fantastic result. We had a lot of narrow escapes and Liverpool upset our rhythm. They will feel very unlucky and they deserve to.

"It is a massive result for us. We broke away late on against Fulham and scored and now we've done it here. We've had that bit of luck in the last two weeks but you need luck if you are to win titles."

The Scot is not ready to celebrate the title just yet however.

"There is a 12-point difference but I don't think anything is impossible in modern-day football. In 1998 we had a great lead going into an Arsenal match but we had some terrible injuries. The pool then was nothing like as strong as it is today though. That helps us."

United midfielder Paul Scholes was sent off with four minutes left after swinging an arm at Xabi Alonso. He will now miss three games.

Ferguson said: " I'm not sure what happened with Scholes but it's a disappointment for us."

Meanwhile Wayne Rooney hobbled off clutching his thigh after a high tackle by Jamie Carragher. "It looks like a knee injury but we'll have to see tomorrow," added the United chief.

yeah. saha to start on wednesday, be nice to actually see us control and dominate a game, it's been a while. surely the confidence gained in this run of four away games has to be a huge boost. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair we did have a run of away games. We've won them all though. Better than I could have ever dreamed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Spot on yeah, add Lille away to that list and it's four jammy wins in a row. Needs sorting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another way of looking at it could be that this is our poor run of games. We've not had many bad runs this season. So if this is it and we've still been winning them, then thats a good thing. icon14.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True yeah, I just want to see us win convincingly some time soon.

Archived