The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"They weren't crap at all, they were ****ing *****. I'd have our lads over theirs any day, load of ****ing ******** they are. Scholes did **** all apart from trying to lamp Xabi, Giggs was just playing dirty all day, Momo had Ronaldo in his pocket all afternoon, Rooney literally did **** all and Saha was more 'ha ha', a load of *****."

more proof that Pennant > Ronaldo icon_frown.gif

Gonzalez clearly > Giggs as well icon_frown.gif

Sissoko with Ronnie in his pocket icon_biggrin.gif

"Just cannot understand it...they must have got over half this seasons points tally from goals in the last 5 minutes to Injury time at the end of games or before half time

Why are these things allowed to happen? Why cant they accept that they had their decade in the 1990's and now it's time for them to **** off in to mediocrity like everyone else? WHY WHY WHY? Just cannot stand the thought of Ronaldo and all the other wankers parading up and down with another ****ing prem title

Just cannot stand it Cry

Only thing that will wipe that out is a 6th European cup win...but this is the worst kind of psychological sucker punch we could have wished for. But maybe we are better when expectations are low"

god this is a wonderful wonderful day

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrissybabe:

where are these coming from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RAWK. i appreciate you could find similar on RI had we lost, but i don't really care \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

alright some non-pessimism

IF we win it, it will be one f**king brilliant achievement though. I really didnt think we had this in us at the start of the year. It's been a joy icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh absolutely, I didn't think that we had it in us last month, let alone the start of the season where I categorically thought that we would be lucky to come 2nd icon_biggrin.gif

Whatever happens in the next few months it has been a much better season than we could realistically could have hoped for, despite the bigger problems at the club.

The most satisfying thing this season has to be the spirit at the club though, a definite togetherness that we haven't quite had since 02/03.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrissybabe:

RAWK. i appreciate you could find similar on RI had we lost, but i don't really care \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah ok, well we take the p*ss out of RAWK ourselves so np. Pathetic idiots on there.

A RAWK thread posted on the last page iirc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

"Just cannot understand it...they must have got over half this seasons points tally from goals in the last 5 minutes to Injury time at the end of games or before half time

Why are these things allowed to happen? Why cant they accept that they had their decade in the 1990's and now it's time for them to **** off in to mediocrity like everyone else? WHY WHY WHY? Just cannot stand the thought of Ronaldo and all the other wankers parading up and down with another ****ing prem title

Just cannot stand it Cry

Only thing that will wipe that out is a 6th European cup win...but this is the worst kind of psychological sucker punch we could have wished for. But maybe we are better when expectations are low"

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bahahahahaha icon_biggrin.gif

"Quote from: StevieG26 on Today at 03:29:06 PM

I don't think it was a foul by any means. Ronaldo dived."

apart from the fact the foul was given for a shirt tug on giggs, you might have a point la

"I only listened on the radio at work but have had to deal with a very tearful eight year old son on the phone.......it hurts like hell but let's all look foward to Tuesday.

I still maintain that Liverpool play fairly and I'd much rather have my kids have Gerrard and Carra as role models than Rooney, Scholes and Ronaldo."

tugs at the heartstrings doesn't it :****(

i should really stop reading this

Jesus christ.

Matt/Ant etc can we not just for ONCE enjoy the win and start all the pessimist bollox tomorrow?

jesus, we've won the hardest away of the season against our most HATED rivals.

enjoy it and be your usual selves tomorrow

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

The most satisfying thing this season has to be the spirit at the club though, a definite togetherness that we haven't quite had since 02/03. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*lights blue touchpaper

That's very true. It's almost like there was some sort of cancer in the dressing room that was removed in the summer.

*retreats to safe distance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I can imagine you would get carried away in the moment in the crowd there yes.. and I'm not really having a go like it may sound.. I just dont see the sense in getting that far ahead of ourselves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because we're football fans not investment bankers?

Because we should get excited, and emotional and irrational?

Because we're not emotionless drones who are dead inside?

Football is supposed to be exciting, enticing, enthralling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

We are enjoying it Mart you tool icon_biggrin.gif

And we aren't even being pessimistic really. Though I'm glad to see that Ant is being grouped in with me now icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha

it's taken me a while but finally I've achieved it icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I can imagine you would get carried away in the moment in the crowd there yes.. and I'm not really having a go like it may sound.. I just dont see the sense in getting that far ahead of ourselves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because we're football fans not investment bankers?

Because we should get excited, and emotional and irrational?

Because we're not emotionless drones who are dead inside?

Football is supposed to be exciting, enticing, enthralling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im an investment banker icon_frown.gif

Being excited about the result is great, we all were earlier. Getting carried away and lording it around like we're champions already, no. Not saying that anyone is in particular here (apart from Scatter but he's allowed for being a Fletch-lover), anyway really, but we have won nothing yet, celebrations or thoughts of anything beyond our 3pts today are now well out of the way.

In fact now the hysteria has worn off, my mind is already switching to Wednesday actually.

Being excited about the result is great, we all were earlier. Getting carried away and lording it around like we're champions already, no. Not saying that anyone is in particular here (apart from Scatter but he's allowed for being a Fletch-lover), anyway really, but we have won nothing yet, celebrations or thoughts of anything beyond our 3pts today are now well out of the way.

In fact now the hysteria has worn off, my mind is already switching to Wednesday actually. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

well, tbf to me, i've at least been consistent about it. i've maintained that we'll win the league this season for ages. it's not like this one result has made me start singing a different tune.

and if i can be superstitious for a second - i don't want any of you to change from your current 'stereotype' until the league is mathematically in the bag please. not least because some of you are right to be cautious. it provides some balance in any discussion (how dull would this thread be if everyone was just perpetual giddyness). so mika and ant can just continue being pessimistic (realistic.... heh icon_biggrin.gif ), james and morgs can keep trying to be pragmatic, mark can carry on being old and wrong about giggs with his richardson love icon_mad.gif , jim can carry on writing posts longer than any thesis i ever did at uni, keyser can carry on being angry and condescending to us when we feck up, mart can keep being mart <3, carter, myself and gonch will keep being giddy... it's all good baby! icon_biggrin.gif

i will add... when the point differential is roughly equal to the number of games remaining (for both teams), the likelihood of the leaders being caught is quite slim.

Ferguson praises departing Larsson's contribution

Sir Alex Ferguson is convinced the imminent departure of Henrik Larsson will not have a negative effect on Manchester United's trophy quest.

Larsson's 10-week stint with the Red Devils will come to an end next Saturday when United meet Middlesbrough for a place in the FA Cup semi-finals.

The Swede is due to appear at Old Trafford one more time after that, although he will be in the opposition ranks when a European Select XI takes on United as part of the club's celebration of 50 years since their own entry into European competition.

When the deal for Larsson to join Ferguson's squad was initially concluded, few expected the striker to return to Helsingborg as scheduled.

But Ferguson is determined to honour the deal. And, while there is no doubting the positive impact Larsson has had during his time at Old Trafford, the Scot does not feel his exit will have an impact on United's hopes of landing some silverware this season.

'Henrik has been terrific but his leaving won't have a negative effect,' said Ferguson.

'The timing of his spell here has actually been tremendous because Louis Saha picked up a little injury in December and now he is flying again.

'When you reach this stage of the season, all you do is look forward to matches, which is what we are going to do.'

Larsson's brief contribution has only emphasised what Ferguson lost with his failure to attract the 35-year-old to Old Trafford during the peak of his career at Celtic.

While the United boss does not put missing out on Larsson in the same category as Paul Gascoigne, he does wish the player had been more receptive to his initial approaches.

'Paul Gascoigne could have joined us but he just made the wrong decision,' recalled Ferguson.

'Henrik's reasoning was far more sensible. He was very much attached to Celtic and that made it difficult for us.

'It is hard to say whether he would have improved us in terms of winning trophies if he had come five or six years ago but there is no question he would have been a fantastic player to get.'

Unless United seek special dispensation, Larsson will not even qualify for a title-winners' medal if the Red Devils ultimately go on and pip Chelsea for the trophy.

That reason alone might have been enough to tempt Ferguson into asking Helsingborg to extend the forward's stay.

Yet, with the deadline ticking on Larsson's final flight home to Sweden, the United boss insists it will not happen.

'We said from the start we were not rude enough to ask Helsingborg for him to stay,' he said.

'They were very good in allowing Henrik to come here and arranging the deal.

'Henrik also made sacrifices because he has a young son at school and we have respected that. We just appreciate Helsingborg allowed us to keep Henrik for the short time we had him because he is such a fantastic professional.

'There is nothing big about him. He won the Champions League last year but he has come into the club and just got on with the job.

'I have nothing but praise for him. He goes back with great respect from everyone in the club and leaving some great memories for the fans.'

Oh my, how superb.

I thought to myself when I watched thelast 30 minutes this morning that today was just going to be a chit day as the football was just non existent and we never looked like scoring.

Then Scholes got sent off and I was thinking that a point was going to be won, which wasn't too bad. Then completely out of the blue, we actually went forward a won (a definite legitimate) FK and O'Shea stuck it in. I couldn't believe it.

I think Scholes deserved to go as it wasn't just the attempted punch, he also kicked out at Alonso. Though I don't believe that Alonso should have been on the pitch himself at that point, as I counted about 5 times he had a go at the ref for a decision that went against Liverpool and he should have gone the 3rd time that that happened.

The rest of the day was crap though as Holden beat Ford in the V8's and I am very sunburnt.

We're gonna win the league

And now you're gonna believe us

Motm: Rio

2nd: VdS

Just read your write up Scatter. ffffffffb.

Archived