The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aha, seeing as though Man Utd winning the title causes citeh about as much hurt as it does for them when they get relegated, winning the title at COMS whilst at the same time relegating them would probably cause every city fan in the stadium at the time to commit suicide.

Lets do it icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

i'm bored already. Only been in work 20 minutes.

Ruud is rubbish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should've done a swap deal for Michael Chopra when we had the chance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The other version:

Lille dispatched.Check, (the 1st leg at leasticon_biggrin.gif) Wins at Fulham and Liverpool see us 12 pts clear. CheckLeague form sparkling. Chelsea just about keeping up. Arsenal hammered in the FA Cup semi. Real Madrid beaten (Ruud misses penalty). 4-0 at the Boo Camp seals the title, with a dead rubber at the Bridge to celebrate this time at Stamford Bridge. The reserves relegate West Ham, a 2-0 half time deficit is turned around at Wembley as Citeh’s 1st trophy for 31 years is snatched away bluuuuuue moon, you started singing too soon…. Athens, scousers, sccchhhhhhhhhooooooooooollllllllllllleeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!, 3-0 we won it 3 tiiiiiiiiiimes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The other version:

Lille dispatched.Check, (the 1st leg at leasticon_biggrin.gif) Wins at Fulham and Liverpool see us 12 pts clear. CheckLeague form sparkling. Chelsea just about keeping up. Arsenal hammered in the FA Cup semi. Real Madrid beaten (Ruud misses penalty). 4-0 at the Boo Camp seals the title, with a dead rubber at the Bridge to celebrate this time at Stamford Bridge. The reserves relegate West Ham, a 2-0 half time deficit is turned around at Wembley as Citeh’s 1st trophy for 31 years is snatched away bluuuuuue moon, you started singing too soon…. Athens, scousers, sccchhhhhhhhhooooooooooollllllllllllleeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!, 3-0 we won it 3 tiiiiiiiiiimes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The reserves relegate West Ham </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

does that assume that they're still to-be-relegated at that stage?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Lille dispatched.Check, (the 1st leg at leasticon_biggrin.gif) Wins at Fulham and Liverpool see us 12 pts clear. CheckLeague form sparkling. Chelsea just about keeping up. Arsenal hammered in the FA Cup semi. Real Madrid beaten (Ruud misses penalty). 4-0 at the Boo Camp seals the title, with a dead rubber at the Bridge to celebrate this time at Stamford Bridge. The reserves relegate West Ham, a 2-0 half time deficit is turned around at Wembley as Citeh’s 1st trophy for 31 years is snatched away bluuuuuue moon, you started singing too soon…. Athens, scousers, sccchhhhhhhhhooooooooooollllllllllllleeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!, 3-0 we won it 3 tiiiiiiiiiimes </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arsenal out the cup means it's probably Chelsea that get stuffed in the semi.

Other than that, to coin a phrase... IT'S ON icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">as they have two games in hand </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

City's two games in hand are Arsenal and Chelsea tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that case. then they're likely to get dragged into it.

When i did predictions i had Charlton and Watford safe with Sheffield United & Wigan going down.

City could easily have got dragged in too and i was probably a little generous to them.

could one of you student types possibly pop into a bookies for me and find out the odds on us winning the League. The FA Cup against City and the Champions League against Liverpool?

It's 8.0 on betfair at the moment, but thats just for the treble. Wouldn't mind knowing what the odds are if the finalists are named.

Im tempted to go down the bookies today and put some money on us winning the treble. I feel it could be tempting fate way to much though, as I still don't really think we have what is cut out to do it this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

could one of you student types possibly pop into a bookies for me and find out the odds on us winning the League. The FA Cup against City and the Champions League against Liverpool?

It's 8.0 on betfair at the moment, but thats just for the treble. Wouldn't mind knowing what the odds are if the finalists are named. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it doesnt get lost.

I know the student types are probably still in their beds so may miss it at the bottom of the page.

It's 8.0 on betfair at the moment, but thats just for the treble. Wouldn't mind knowing what the odds are if the finalists are named. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it doesnt get lost.

I know the student types are probably still in their beds so may miss it at the bottom of the page. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I shall see what I can do in a while for you, will report on my findings if I can be assed to get up icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

We're 8-1 to win the treble? Hahahahahahahahaha.

Not coming over all Mika, but we've no chance. Chelsea got more chance of doing the quadruple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked betfred and we were 8 - 1 to win the title.

Thought I'd do a provisional fixture list assuming we stay in all competitions to the end:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Wednesday, 07 March 2007 UEFA CL Man Utd v Lille (agg 1-0), 19:45

Saturday, 10 March 2007 FA CUP Middlesbrough v Man Utd, 17:30

Tuesday, 13 March 2007 FRIENDLY Man Utd v Europe XI, 20:00

Saturday, 17 March 2007 PREM Man Utd v Bolton, 12:45

Saturday, 31 March 2007 PREM Man Utd v Blackburn, 15:00

Wednesday, 04 April 2007 UEFA CL ?Quarter Final Leg 1?

Saturday, 07 April 2007 PREM Portsmouth v Man Utd, 17:15

Tuesday, 10 April 2007 UEFA CL ?Quarter Final Leg 2?

Saturday, 14 April 2007 FA CUP ?Semi Final?

Wednesday, 18 April 2007 PREM Man Utd v Sheff Utd, 20:00 REARRANGED

Saturday, 21 April 2007 PREM Man Utd v Middlesbrough, 15:00

Wednesday, 25 April 2007 UEFA CL ?Semi Final Leg 1?

Saturday, 28 April 2007 PREM Everton v Man Utd, 12:00

Tuesday, 01 May 2007 UEFA CL ?Semi Final Leg 2?

Saturday, 05 May 2007 PREM Man City v Man Utd, 15:00

Tuesday, 08 May 2007 PREM Chelsea v Man Utd, 13:30 REARRANGED

Sunday, 13 May 2007 PREM Man Utd v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 19 May 2007 FA CUP ?Final?

Wednesday, 23 May 2007 UEFA CL ?Final?

</pre>

Severly congested with a potential 8 games in April and then 6 games in the first 3 and a bit weeks of May.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Not coming over all Mika, but we've no chance. Chelsea got more chance of doing the quadruple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked betfred and we were 8 - 1 to win the title. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phew, much more realistic. I was going off what Carter said above.

It's betfair. So it's not always going to reflect how the bookies are backing us.

Sometimes get better odds, sometimes get worse odds, depending on what is available.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tuesday, 08 May 2007 PREM Chelsea v Man Utd, 13:30 REARRANGED </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why will that be rearranged for 1:30pm on a Tuesday afternoon?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tuesday, 08 May 2007 PREM Chelsea v Man Utd, 13:30 REARRANGED </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why will that be rearranged for 1:30pm on a Tuesday afternoon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bank holiday? icon_biggrin.gif

And I thought I'd done well to not make any mistakes icon_frown.gif

whs. no ****ing chance

I've really got mixed feelings about Boro. I can't help but think we'd not be able to cope as we did in 99 with getting to the very late stages of both cup competitions.

I really want our total focus to be on winning the 21pts we need. The Cups seems like an unimportant distraction at the moment...and tbh getting beat this weekend is the last time an FA Cup defeat will be relatively pain free. Also, the idea of a ECL semi-final sandwiched in-between the City/Everton/Chelsea away games scares me to death…

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i really dont mind about the fa cup. at the same time though, i think cl quarter finals is as far as we'll go....probably.

still buzzing about o'shea icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the bring O'Shea on off the bench tactic has finally worked icon_biggrin.gif

Do you realize what this means? Fergie now feels justified bringing him on every game icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I've really got mixed feelings about Boro. I can't help but think we'd not be able to cope as we did in 99 with getting to the very late stages of both cup competitions.

I really want our total focus to be on winning the 21pts we need. The Cups seems like an unimportant distraction at the moment...and tbh getting beat this weekend is the last time an FA Cup defeat will be relatively pain free. Also, the idea of a ECL semi-final sandwiched in-between the City/Everton/Chelsea away games scares me to death… </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree 100%. I would be over-the-moon with the championship and would be wholly behind Fergie if he put out a 2nd string in the FA Cup until we go out.

Although I agree we should always play a strong side in the CL, it will be a blessing in disguise if we go out in the 1/4 finals.

Even if Larsson has stayed the squad would still be too small.

Back on planet earth, O'Shea, along with Fletcher, Richardson, etc are not going to clinch any trophies for us.

Even if we win the CL but go on and lose the championship from this position I will be bitterly disappointed. I don't think it's in the bag by a long way, but to be so close and lose it will be tough.

I can always take defeat in knockout tournaments better and for me the CL is only the 2nd priority.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

second string in the fa cup please, not remotely bothered about it. i just want the league back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The treble not on?

obv the fact were still going strong in all three competitions means its 'on' but it wont happen and like terry said, if we were to lose the league now id be devoed. it would be like waking up and finding out im jearm.

champions league win would help but i want our title back from the rentboys more than almost anything in life.

And this run of scrawny undeserved lucky lucky wins isn’t helping. Surely our luck is going to turn? Have premonitions of frustrating home games with ridiculous points slipping away as nerves / injuries / form play their part.

Archived