The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha we won all of our last 4 straight away games. huge huge results. icon_cool.gif

thing with us is its never that easy. you can just see us drawing at home to bolton and blackburn now or some other equally frustrating sh*t

this definitely aint over

I know its the agreement but Its just in the business end of such a crucial campaign. I would have thought you lot would have made the effort to keep him. Doesnt seem like you have at all. Could be the difference between winning a trophy or ending up without anything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

I know its the agreement but Its just in the business end of such a crucial campaign. I would have thought you lot would have made the effort to keep him. Doesnt seem like you have at all. Could be the difference between winning a trophy or ending up without anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if we really really pushed for it we could keep him, but the bottom line is helsingborgs did us a favour and we are honouring that favour by not trying to take advantage of them.

itll be a shame to see him go but in all honesty he hasnt been that great for us in the last few games anyway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I don't see any of the teams below City catching them to be honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh I don't see City picking up many points between now and the end of the season, they have such a bad run in compared to Charlton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've not seen it to be honest, I just think that they'll have the firepower to get the points that they need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Firepower?

they've scored 20 goals this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus, shows how much attention I pay to Man City.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

We don't need Larsson anyway. King Louis will carry us to glory icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lets hope so, i just realised he is what 6 or 7 short of the 20 i need to win a bet i have with a scouse mate?

Death to treble talk for Christ's sake. Anyone who is stupid enough to put money on it deserves to lose it.

I 100% agree with James when it comes to the FA Cup, I want the focus to be on winning the league rather than that. I don't mind us staying in so long as we play a similar team to that against Reading, but the minute Fergie starts thinking about playing the first team, then I half hope we go out.

I feel different to James and Terry about the CL though, when it comes to the "big two" trophies, I'd love to win both equally as much, I don't think we're in a position to pick and choose. So if we were to blow the league and win the CL, I'd still be bloody happy and it's more than I could have hoped for pre-season.

Ultimately though we have zero chance of winning the CL with the way we play away from home in the competition, we're just abysmal unfortunately. It's still far more than an "unimportant distraction" to me though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

There should be a 'no lumping Fletch in with Richardson' rule for this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

I know its the agreement but Its just in the business end of such a crucial campaign. I would have thought you lot would have made the effort to keep him. Doesnt seem like you have at all. Could be the difference between winning a trophy or ending up without anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if we really really pushed for it we could keep him, but the bottom line is helsingborgs did us a favour and we are honouring that favour by not trying to take advantage of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, som ereality now please.

there was no 'favour'. we paid a fee for him from helsingborgs. their chairman came stright out and said if we wanted to keep him longer we'd have to pay another fee.

whether he's not staying because of the reasons given publicly - family, honoring his contract with helsingborgs, blah blah blah - or because we won't pony up the dough for another loan spell for a 35 year old striker is a matter for conjecture.

but one thing is for certain, there were no "favours".

yeh, if it's a straight choice, i'd rather the League this year.

I believe this side has the potential to grow together and with the right signings we can have a strong squad to challenge again.

Going for so long without the League when it's expected of us isn't a good thing. The CL can wait.

not answering mika's question, but in a straight choice id take the league for 2 reasons:

1) i want our trophy back

2) the heartbreak of blowing it now would be too much to take, particularly if it was in a horrible way (i.e. lose to chelsea, lose at the council house then draw to an already relegated west ham)

3) i think if we win the cl fergie might retire and i dont want that

what with Liverpool's 70 squillion dollars, Arsenal's lot reaching puberty and a Hiddink inspired Chelsea coming on strong, this might be the last chance to win the league for a while.

any old half arsed bunch of useless talent free muppets can fluke their way to the CL final.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

any idea how many tickets we gave you in the end? we only started selling today, sounds like they were arguing with the council etc about your allocation as usual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our ballot has been put back until tomorrow, so I assume it's still undecided. Seems like you wanna give us a full allocation but the FLA want to limit us to 1,000

I can see arguments both for the league and the CL to be honest, and ultimately like I say, I would take either. On a personal level I've always preferred the CL, but like James says, it might be our last shot at the league for a while.

apologies mika

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

must spend less time at work working and more time proof reading posts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

any idea how many tickets we gave you in the end? we only started selling today, sounds like they were arguing with the council etc about your allocation as usual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>it was 1,500 now it's been upped to 3,500

Nah, he'll go if we win the CL.

Opened up Soccernet and saw the headline 'Neville issues fans plea after bottle incident' and I thought 'ffs, this better be phil icon_mad.gif' even though i knew it'd be gaz.

but it was phil, wp icon14.gif

Guest MrFootballMan

if we really really pushed for it we could keep him, but the bottom line is helsingborgs did us a favour and we are honouring that favour by not trying to take advantage of them.

itll be a shame to see him go but in all honesty he hasnt been that great for us in the last few games anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I have seen, the fact that he hasn't been playing great is more to do with the way he is being played than anything else. He'd probably work better with Saha and Rooney behind the strikers.

He had absolutely no service whatsoever in the Liverpool game and he isn't really a player for holding the ball up.

apologies mika

must spend less time at work working and more time proof reading posts </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, priorities ffs.

I imagine I've got a fair bit of stuff to read since I've been away over the weekend so I'll just get this out the way and see whats been said...

1-0 win vs. Liverpool

MOM: Rio Ferdinand

2ND: Edwin Van Der Sar

Considering how much we were inviting pressure on to ourselves I thought Rio did admirably. VDS gets #2 for a couple of top notch saves, especially the one late on from Crouch.

3) i think if we win the cl fergie might retire and i dont want that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie would mull it over for a few days and the thought of winning it a third time would bring him back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AllStar4:

3) i think if we win the cl fergie might retire and i dont want that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie would mull it over for a few days and the thought of winning it a third time would bring him back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much why i think he wouldn't go.

I actually think he'd want to win it enough times that the club have won it and the league as many times as Liverpool have.

Archived