The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Can't stand people that sell over face value. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart asks for a cheeseburger now. Why I'm not going to Blackburn tbh icon_frown.gif

I love Park. Think he's a great squad player, always gives 100%. Always closing down players, nibbling away at their ankles. Not the best technically but he's got a great attitude, the kind of player I likes in my team.

icon14.gif

As for Smudge what is going on with him? Still waiting to get fully fit or what? Don't think he should ever play in midfield though when he's back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fred_the_Red:

Smithy will be on as a sub on wednesday, cos Fergie needs to use him now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About time, too, imo.

smith should have got some minutes at reading for me, even if he was just running around looking daft waiting for the ball that never came he would have been doing as much as ole did.

seriously concerned now, timing of larsson returning couldnt really have been worse. all our own fault ofc with the rossi loan and basically selling/shipping out everything that moves but still annoying.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

couldnt give two ****s what happens to them in all honesty, will be a mickey mouse small club for as long as im alive so if that means season after season of belief > belief > cup run > uhoh> cup run > sh*t were dropping > out of cup > mini fightback > DERBY DAY POINT!!!! > 16th place whoop, then so be it.

I WANT OUR TITLE BACK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, I guess it's with not being local, but City just don't register on my radar. I'd much rather we relegated West Ham, shame they'll already be down by then icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Exactly - comparisons with Bruce against Wednesday are ridiculous imho, we were well into April then iirc and had literally 4/5 games to go. In reality, we've actually got a quarter of the season left... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sahahahahaha being predictably injured isn't good, but it really shouldn't be panic inducing if it's short term. with bolton and blackburn at home, and pompey away - being the most difficult of our next three league games - we should still be picking up nine points from those three games.

assuming chelsea also pick up maximum points in that time, the point differential will be equal to the number of games remaining - and we'll be hard to chase down from that position.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

stick n'galula in midfield I reckon icon_cool.gif

any more injuries and him, eagles or kieran lee making the bench might not actually be that outlandish :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

N'galula so good. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Puel: United are to blame

Lille coach Claude Puel has rejected claims his side were at fault for the problems in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League tie with Manchester United - instead blaming the English club and their 'violent' fans.

Lille have come under intense criticism for a number of incidents during the match, which saw fans climbing over fencing at the ground as numbers inside the away end threatened to increase to dangerous levels.

But Puel believes Manchester United fans were behaving dangerously and the overcrowding only occurred because the club did not do enough to prevent the production of fake tickets.

"It is a paradox to criticise Lille," he said. "Manchester United's own fans were violent and in possession of counterfeit tickets. The facts are there for everyone to see, so it is difficult to see why it is Lille's fault.

"Since the first match, we have heard a lot of things from the Manchester United side, but the situation has been created by them."

Furthermore, a controversial Ryan Giggs free-kick during the match resulted in Lille temporarily leaving the field of play as they felt refereeing decisions were going against them.

But Puel has dismissed the notion that his team were prepared to abandon the game and that they were simply making their feelings clear via a protest, and that, as a result, there is no shame in their actions.

"I am not embarrassed at all.

"I have explained this many times before. Of course we wanted to continue to play the second game.

"You could say we weren't au fait with the rules that give us 24 hours to make a complaint. In France, those rules are different."

Puel was also incensed by Sir Alex Ferguson, who has made a series of remarks about his feelings on Lille's behaviour.

"Since the first leg, we have heard Sir Alex Ferguson say a lot of things and put a lot of pressure on.

"We know that this is one of his ways of doing things, but in France we are more interested in respect between teams and between managers."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please destroy them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

ffs, forgot to apply for Pompey icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lies! you're just a part-timer. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

did you get boro?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

ffs, forgot to apply for Pompey icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lies! you're just a part-timer. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

did you get boro? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope - wasn't gunna go anyway. don't think i'm going to pompey either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

FT Norwich C. [1 - 2] Derby County

53' [1 - 0] C. Martin

62' [1 - 1] D. Jones

72' [1 - 2] D. Jones</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so good icon_cool.gif

Archived