The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

would like a bye after drawing banned-valencia, and then getting celtic in the semi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's my kind of road to Athens icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

would like a bye after drawing banned-valencia, and then getting celtic in the semi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's my kind of road to Athens icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i honestly think liverpool will most likely be - for us - the easiest draw in the next round.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

scatter, I'm going to fly down under and beat the **** out of you for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was banned for telling an aussie i was gonna fly down and beat him up icon_frown.gif

Wasn't Scatter though.

i know icon_cool.gif Water of a ducks back too kiddo.

Would have been better that weekend if you guys could have come down the night before and we could have gone out and had a few sherberts.

Was happy to keep you company while Nick deserted you to go watch the match inside the stadium.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

haha kiddo.

gregg so gay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I call everybody kiddo. Doesn't matter if they're older or younger than me. Dunno why.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

yeah the bastard, ah well icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

i should really bring that up more often when you're gloating about going on aways i'm not

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

scatman, don't make me put you on ignore until the draw/we go out icon_mad.gif

it'd be rubbish for all manner of reasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can someone explain to me why you're all so freaking afraid of drawing the scouse next up?

fan stupidity/mongery isn't a valid reason btw.

and after the two games we've had against them this season (ok, anfield was more than a bit streaky) it really can't be for footballing reasons either.

we won't be able to rely on any other feckier knowcking the jammy gits out - so it may as well be us that puts a stop to "OMG SIX TIMES!"; and given our propensity for being a bit rubbish every time we cross the channel, i was dead serious with the assertion that while they probably won't be the weakest team left in the draw after tomorrow, they would probably be the easiest tie we could land.

so... yeah, reasons please.

Bear in mind that any CL game with us would be the SOLE focus of Liverpool's season. Whereas we could well have to juggle it with an FA Cup game, and hugely important league games, with a thin squad increasingly damaged by injuries.

They'd be favourites imho.

it'll be a mongfest of epic proportions. they're due a result against us, a big one, just like they were against chelsea in '05. we're abysmal in two-legged ties. it'll be horrific if/when they win. europe is all about playing the best the continent has to offer, not f**king liverpool again. i could go on.

see... i just don't see how anyone could make them favourites. their forward line is utter rubbish. i'd back us to restrict them to one goal at the very most at anfield, and scoreless at OT.

that being the case, we'd go through. probably comfortably.

bring. them. the. fcuk. on. icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

seriously, it would be awful.

UNLESS the first leg was at anfield. then maybe I could cope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God almighty, hadn't considered the whole 'away/home first' thing. Can you IMAGINE going to Anfield protecting a 2-1 lead or something.

I'd actually come close to dying. That's not even an hyperbolic statement.

it would definitely be awful.

shuddering at the thought.

just IMAGINE a United/Liverpool final though.... I'm honestly not sure my heart could take the full 90 minutes.

ffs I was even suffering chest pains watching us vs Reading the other week icon_biggrin.gif ..which may have been linked to why I was ranting so much after that game...

Archived