The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

Our side without Scholes/Saha/Larsson/Ole/Fletcher for the next few games is going to be fun to watch /o\

If ever Rooney had to step up it's now, he's been able to get away with poor performances all season, but now we need him to do something I think.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Our side without Scholes/Saha/Larsson/Ole/Fletcher for the next few games is going to be fun to watch /o\

If ever Rooney had to step up it's now, he's been able to get away with poor performances all season, but now we need him to do something I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Be nice if the start of the swedish season. icon_rolleyes.gif

Wow, three little characters can cause so much offence...

Clearly me posting '\o/' is indicative that I am at this very moment throwing an impromptu 'Silvestre's injured' party complete with commerative kidney shaped cake. In fact I planned this whole thing all along. It certainly WAS NOT a throwaway tongue in cheek comment posted on a random internet messageboard, along similar lines to ones made every minute of every day.

Gregg Carter, I don't know who you are so whether you think I'm 'a complete and utter cretin' or shouldn't be allowed to use the internet doesn't actually bother me that much. Judging by your recent posts I think you're a bit of a twat who doesn't have much of a sense of humour, but that's only been the last couple of days I've noticed you posting on a regular basis so I'm prepared to believe otherwise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

haha how much of a ****ing idiot does gregg look like after that comment. ul gregg icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahaha, because defending another fan over having a pop at people who are happy to see one of our own players get a serious injury is idiotic?

If so, then i really couldn't care. I'll always do it. I don't ever wish our own players to get injured. I don't like reading it either. Particularly not from our own fans. I'll always criticise it and don't care what anybody thinks of me as a result.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

rooney was ****ing atrocious tonight, his touch was shocking. cant wait till the summer so he can just have a rest and decent preseason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think he can handle the pressure unfortunately. He should be maturing with all this exposure to the CL.

What type of striker do you need to play along side him?

Wouls have been great to see him play more games with Keane. Think it would have really shown him the way.

as long as he doesnt die im more than happy at the thought of silvestre lying in a hospital bed unavailable for selection for the next few months. sorry like.

ronaldo was a great outlet tonight. always critical of him but he was vital tonight. gutted beyond belief that were losing henke. he oozes class, some of his touches are just sensational, he makes everything look so easy. never gonna be prolific but pops up with vital goals. wp for the contribution you gorgeous swede. smudge coming back highlight of the night for me, could be huge for us over the coming weeks. or he could sit it out as giggs plays in his position and richardson starts wide left. hmm.

anyone but the english sides please. wouldnt interest me at all and id much prefer a tough trip to bayern than a sh*t flinging fest at anfield ta.

Do we want the home or away leg first preferably? Home leg second is generally accepted as best but I remember a debate in the thread a couple of seasons back wondering if the other way might be better for us.

id rather we bumble the home leg first and then show a bit of urgency in the away leg really.

tonight was all the cast iron proof you need tho that we could play both legs at home and still wont be winning this competition, that ridiculous stifle/bore the opposition tactic we insist on using will get us nowhere against the big boys.

Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day. I'd prefer it if we played at home first, away second. Then at least we're being positive from the outset, rather than going into the first leg just looking to get a draw and then leaving ourselves too much to do.

Then, even if we do **** up the first leg, at least we know we've GOT to go out and attack in the second leg. Whereas if we're away first, we'll always adopt a negative outlook.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

i cant help but feel that even home first our attitude would be to not concede the away goal. so away first please, it's not pretty, but if we scrape every game 1-0 who cares? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IT'S NOT THE UNITED WAY

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

i cant help but feel that even home first our attitude would be to not concede the away goal. so away first please, it's not pretty, but if we scrape every game 1-0 who cares? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought you won 3-1 away from home tonight?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

IT'S NOT THE UNITED WAY </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Europe brings the best out of us icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

I thought you won 3-1 away from home tonight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers chris, we did icon_smile.gif

definitely home first. We seem to go all out when we're away first to not concede, so even if we manage a 0-0 one slip in the home leg leaves us struggling.

This tie was a case in point. We didn't deserve to score in the first leg, and had it been 0-0, 1 slip would have seen us need two in the 90 minutes. At least if we're too negative at home in the first leg, we'd be forced to be more open in the second, where a high scoring opne game would be more to our advantage.

Having said all that, if we continue with current form it won't matter who we get in the next round or which order the ties are in, we'll go out regardless, and the league will start to look tight as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

suspected dislocated shoulder for silvestre </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

\o

\

</pre>

??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

suspected dislocated shoulder for silvestre </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

\o

\

</pre>

?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha overreaction from Carter, tbf he deserved it for the handball in the first half.

blah blah blah glad he's not seriously injured </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said to Mika i was all ready to come on and blast him for the handball until he went and got injured icon_biggrin.gif

Was mainly over reacting to stick up for Mika tbf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Hahaha bookies have us as 2nd favourites for the CL icon_biggrin.gif

Such a joke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how many of the other teams are top of their domestic leagues?

or more importantly, how many will attract more bets than us in this country? in fact who is first? Milan I assume?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Hahaha bookies have us as 2nd favourites for the CL icon_biggrin.gif

Such a joke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how many of the other teams are top of their domestic leagues?

or more importantly, how many will attract more bets than us in this country? in fact who is first? Milan I assume? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All true, but the way we have played in Europe this season would you be putting any money on us?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Surprised Mika hasn't killed himself after seeing Ruuuuuuud crash out of Europe and Silvestre cripple himself </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

oh and my post about taking my dad on the tour and the tour guide agreeing that richardson is dire made it into RI icon_biggrin.gif

so annoyed, not with the performance but the fact the chippy didn't have my usual chicken and mushroom pie icon_frown.gif

Archived