The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh and my post about taking my dad on the tour and the tour guide agreeing that richardson is dire made it into RI icon_biggrin.gif

so annoyed, not with the performance but the fact the chippy didn't have my usual chicken and mushroom pie icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

should have run to another one to get some practice in

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh and my post about taking my dad on the tour and the tour guide agreeing that richardson is dire made it into RI icon_biggrin.gif

so annoyed, not with the performance but the fact the chippy didn't have my usual chicken and mushroom pie icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>New RI out today?

Will have to order it on the net as i don't think i'm going FC until the 24th icon_frown.gif

Mushroom rules you utter bellend.

haw Marshy, now running every day icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oi i've told you before you aint meant to run every single day you are supposed to have rest days to allow the body time to recover.

You are allowed to cycle on non running days if you so desire.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

I can't believe how low you all have Valencia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They will bottle it up at some points or the other. Be it in the final they won't win it but go on to lose 2-0 or on penalties.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Yeah, Milan was the one I wasn't really sure about. With players like Kaka and Gilardino they can beat anyone, but they're only stumbling through so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did the same when they lost against Liverpool.

Bleah, two stumbling teams in the final back then icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

\o/'ing a horrible injury like that is out of order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hardly like he's dead is it? And I don't see you getting on your moral high horse when people make comments along the lines of 'I hope Richardson breaks both his legs' etc.

So, yeah, I think I'll stick to my own idea of what's 'out of order' rather than be dictated to, cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick said he's just seen him put in an ambulance, but \o/ obviously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ali's right, it's a touch hypocritical </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's not really. much as everyone hates richardson i don't think anyone would genuinely cheer him getting seriously injured.

not least because it would mean we couldn't sell the useless f**ker

got my hopes up when i got in, turned SSN on and saw fergie's post-match interview. he seemed much less 'definite' about there being no chance of Henke staying on. those hopes soon shattered ofc by Henke himself saying there was categorically no chance. couple of banners in the ground today (one in swedish) urging him to stay and everyone hanging around after the game for autographs (he didn't sign for me icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif) was practically begging him to, but fair play to him for keeping his word. getting the winner a great way to bow out at OT, fantastic pro and just oozes class.

anyway, dire performance from us yet again, frankly this (combined with the injuries which are now mounting) is starting to worry me a fair bit now. fumed when i heard the lineup, knew we'd be in for an evening of rooney ineffective out on the wing, henrik isolated upfront and the cagey cautious style of play which has been symptomatic of our dire showing in europe the past few years. thankfully lille were equally disappointing i thought, especially as the emphasis was on them to win the tie. all added up to a dull, frustrating game, ronaldo the only real highlight. tremendous end-producty cross for the goal, thought he should have had a pen as well even if there was some exaggeration there. horrible injury to mickey at the end, the argument up the page all seems a bit silly and needless but it's never nice to see anyone injured like that.

as for the draw, basically what bling said - avoid the other english teams and i'll not complain. it doesn't really matter who we get if we keep this form up. saha out for a month is pretty disastrous, the bolton home game has long since looked like a possible banana skin to me and now we'll go into it with no scholes/saha/solskjaer/fletcher/larsson, aka no creativity in the centre and no-one to lead the line. hope smithy gets plenty of time at the weekend, he may just have a huge part to play down the stretch.

noticed tickets for this europe xi friendly have been reduced to £17 now. be interesting to see just how low they'll go to try and get a relatively full ground.

had a celtic fan sat next to me tonight btw, just there to watch larsson. had a celtic scarf and everything, spent the whole game shouting 'PENAL-EEE' whenever there was a foul anywhere on the pitch and proclaiming that every player not called Henrik Larsson was sh*te ("that scholes is a f**king donkey", "ronaldo's f**king mince" etc). he shut up a bit when the cockney behind me asked him why he was at OT and not watching his team play milan.

also, mickey's injury - it's not at all important ofc but how the hell does the ref get a lille freekick from that? icon_biggrin.gif

having taped the game and just watched it, man i'm disappointed I didn't get up to enjoy another electrifying European performance

So, so drab but we're used to that now in Europe. I couldn't remember the last time we really battered someone in Europe. Part of me thinks playing an English side would be better from this point of view, but our trips to Emirates and Anfield suggest certainly away from home we're likely to be just as cautious.

The spat over Silvestre's injury was amusing, but why in god's name was he picked ahead of Heinze anyway? Can't understand that at all. Good to see Smith get some time, he and Rooney - particularly the latter really need to step up over the next 2-3 weeks.

Scholes is sooooo cool. Besides Larsson scoring the most coolest moment on the pitch was when Scholes faked doing a quick kick and the Lille player literally jumped in front of him to stop him doing it (i could feel Scholes doing a grin at that moment).

And then they showed replays of Giggs and Heinze laughing their arses off at the Lille player icon_biggrin.gif

We havent battered anyone in Europe since we lost Veron have we?

As much as people can say he wasnt very good for us, when we signed him he was arguably the best midfielder in the world and when he played in Europe for us he showed that and ran the show.

Seba was fb. icon_cool.gif

And jokingly wishing injury on someone and cheering when someone does get a bad injury are a bit different.

Wasnt sure whether Sil had dislocated it or broken the arm when i saw him being carried off. Do they put the orange thing on your arm to keep it steady if its the upper part thats broken?

Missed Silvestre's injury because I was flicking between the game, Buffy and MTV. And then fell asleep a bit after Smudger came on and woke up just after the game finished.

Love watching us in Europe, so exciting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

had a celtic fan sat next to me tonight btw, just there to watch larsson. had a celtic scarf and everything, spent the whole game shouting 'PENAL-EEE' whenever there was a foul anywhere on the pitch and proclaiming that every player not called Henrik Larsson was sh*te ("that scholes is a f**king donkey", "ronaldo's f**king mince" etc). he shut up a bit when the cockney behind me asked him why he was at OT and not watching his team play milan.

also, mickey's injury - it's not at all important ofc but how the hell does the ref get a lille freekick from that? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate Celtic fans.

Dirty treasonous b*stards.

Well we're through, after yet another drab, uncreative display in europe, with the only player putting the effort in being Ronaldo.

Van der sar - pretty standard and didnt do much wrong apart from one kick that springs to mind.

Neville - thought he played better than he has done in recent games and didnt give them a sniff down our right.

Rio/Vida - cant remember them doing much wrong apart from a couple of misplaced passes and Rio's run past two Lille players was quite ammusing.

Silvestre - now how on earth can you play someone this inept over a player of Gabby's quality I mean there was a five-ten minute space were Silvestre gave the ball away everytime he received it ( this included the moment he picked the ball up after Ronaldo had taken the throw in).

O'shea - to be honest in the first half I would have said that he was our best player and broke up their attacks quite effectively , after the break however he was back to his crappy best with one hacked clearence after another (his best bit of defending in the second half must have been when his head defflected a clearance from point blank range).

Scholes/Carrick - thought the latter of these two had an atroucious game and gave the ball away on countless occassions. Scholesy didnt play to his full potential again , until the play got stretched in the final twenty minutes. One thing that did annoy me about these two was the reluctancy for either of them to put a tackle in.

Ronlaldo - only player that took it to Lille and drove at them and his run to set up the goal was something special. Not sure about the penalty, according to a few people around me they said he was tripped , but if im being totally honest I think even if he was tripped the theatrical fall made the referee make his mind up.

Rooney - yet another inaffective game from him (maybe his poorest yet) , every time he received the ball his control let him down, his passing which is usually still good even if he isnt playing that well was nowhere to be seen last night, this accompanied by the fact that he was stuck out on the wing all night led to yet another uninspring display and yet another european game without a goal.

Larsson - was a tough game from Henke left up front all by himself and to be honest it showed everytime he received the ball , at one time he was being marked by their entire back four. Altough he capped his stay with us with a well placed header to bow out in a classy way.

Glad to see Smudge get some action and was surprised how sharp he was to be honest and almost capped it off with a nice shot on the turn. Hopefully will start against Boro on Saturday and can hopefully fill the gap left by Ole/Saha & Henke.

MoM: Ronaldo

2nd: John O'shea icon_eek.gif

as for the draw would fancy anyone apart from the scousers (couldn't take it if they knocked us out, and I think we'll get knocked out the next round who ever we draw tbh). in a perfect world though we would get PSV and Chelsea would get Liverpool.

quite a ridiculous observation i reckon there mate.

carrick was really good i thought, very decent performance.

silvestre was pretty ****ing good too, actually resembled a defender. Keita was meant to be their big threat and he effectively did not alot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i dunno why, but i've got more faith in smudger stepping up to the plate when it matters than i do rooney atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because Rooney has been useless in all bar about 6 games this season perhaps?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">silvestre was pretty ****ing good too, actually resembled a defender. Keita was meant to be their big threat and he effectively did not alot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? Silvestre was poo. Theres no point defending and winning the bvall if you give it away again 5 seconds later

silvestre was an absolute disgrace in possession, id be utterly amazed if there was anyone close to giving the ball away as much as he did last night. just a one man move breaking down machine. can only think the injury is gods way of telling him to stop catching balls.

not remotely arsed about the boro game so for me we play as much of a second string side as we can. smudge HAS to start if he is even remotely close to full fitness and id imagine its rest time for rooney given all his hard goalscoring work recently and a five man midfield. gabby needs time now, same with wes. other than that tho we dont really have many players we can bring in that are considered second string, currently oshea if a ****ing first teamer. richardson to be supoib on the left wing no doubt.

gonna be an awful weekend imo, especially if the bitters squeeze past blackburn for their greatest ever cup run since 1932.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">silvestre was pretty ****ing good too, actually resembled a defender. Keita was meant to be their big threat and he effectively did not alot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? Silvestre was poo. Theres no point defending and winning the bvall if you give it away again 5 seconds later </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly my point, and as for Carrick, it was mostly in the first half, thought he was pants didnt seem like he could find our players at all, although he did improve in the second half tbh.

Carrick was poor last night. When he hasnt got Scholes alongside side him he just panics like feck and whacks it anywhere.

Please god put Giggs in the centre with him and have Park on the wing. I just dont think i could take watching another 3 games of O'Shea and Carrick making up the central midfield.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I have to admit that John O'Shea actually had a fairly good game for us last night. Especially in the first half he was really useful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah as i mentioned in first half he was my man of the match.

Giggs or Ronaldo can play up front & if I am honest I would rather giggs stand up front with his hands on his hips rather than do it in the middle of the field as players waltz past him.

We are quite clearly going to be 4-5-1 for every game for a month or so now icon_frown.gif

we could always give Dong a chance off the bench against Boro.

We are already in agreement that Smudger ought to start against Boro to help aide his need for games now he may be required to start once Henke goes.

So if Dong is gonna be required as backup, then why not try it against Boro when we don't really have all that much to lose? icon14.gif

If he comes off the bench and scores, then we know he can be trusted icon_smile.gif

Archived