The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

and smith to start v boro please </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he doesn't then Fergie needs his head examining. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, its got to be Smith + Larsson vs. Boro. No way around it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no rooney?

personally id have done with larsson, he's going anyway so we need to look at the bigger picture i.e. rooney and smith coming up with some semblance of a partnership upfront </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, milk Larsson for all he's worth if he's not staying (not in a vindictive way obviously), and give Smith as much of a run-out as possible.

I'd rather do that and go out than risk Rooney, however poor his form is, getting injured at the minute, especially since I think that there's a strong possibility that Fergie will stick Wayne up top on his own and play...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

- - - - - Carrick - - - - O'Shea - - -

- Ronaldo - - - - Scholes - - - - Giggs

</pre>

...behind him rather than start Smithy up top with him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I have literally NO idea wtf is going on in this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>west wing talk \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I have literally NO idea wtf is going on in this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know what happens when you and I slip into Buffy mode in here? Its like that.

Only instead of Joss its Aaron Sorkin and instead of Sunnydale its a democratic White House.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I have literally NO idea wtf is going on in this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know what happens when you and I slip into Buffy mode in here? Its like that.

Only instead of Joss its Aaron Sorkin and instead of Sunnydale its a democratic White House. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>and istead of being about a rubbish show it's about a great one

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Ronaldo 'opens talks on new deal'

Man Utd winger Cristiano Ronaldo

Ronaldo wants to stay at Man Utd - but play in Spain one day

Cristiano Ronaldo has opened talks with Manchester United on extending his contract, according to reports.

But the 22-year-old, whose current deal expires in 2010, repeated his desire to play in Spain one day.

"We have talked and I hope to reach agreement as soon as possible," he told Portuguese radio station Antena 1.

"Nothing has been decided yet and I would like to stay. I would like to play in Spain one day, but I am happy here at Manchester."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

John O'Shea to play up front icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ul Theis

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

ul Theis </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bugger. Still great minds think alike.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

bugger. Still great minds think alike. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Poor tim icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

bugger. Still great minds think alike. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not arguing with that.

I took a striker of a similar weight and height to JOS and compared their stats in that Actim Station on the Premier League website.

JOS, it turns out is a far better striker than James Beattie.

Conclusive evidence there I think.

Not arguing with that.

I took a striker of a similar weight and height to JOS and compared their stats in that Actim Station on the Premier League website.

Conclusive evidence there I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's a better finisher than Rooney. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AllStar4:

Not arguing with that.

Conclusive evidence there I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's a better finisher than Rooney. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

chip against arsenal >> chip against portsmouth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

is a draw on sat best case scenario? would mean replay on 19th march so scholes back for the blackburn game. think id definitely take that at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, that's a good idea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

is a draw on sat best case scenario? would mean replay on 19th march so scholes back for the blackburn game. think id definitely take that at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, that's a good idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no thanks not more games

I was going to say that it doesn't matter as he'd play a second team anyway, but on reflection we have so many injuries that we would probably have to put a decentish team out in the replay. It's a tough one.

yeah, i'm all for us going to a replay and getting scholesy back for blackburn. although the bolton game's worrying me as well now. mon the smudge.

i've just turned down a ticket for boro as well WSR, i feel your pain

As for the game, we got through, which was the main thing, very boring/frustrating match. The atmosphere was slightly better than recent home games, calypso was sang well for 10 minutes. As for the Lille fans, did they get kept behind after the match? It looked as though they were but I blitzed off straight after the final whistle so I didn't see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

and that JOS video is the best thing ever ever ever icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

disappointed by lack of nutmegs icon13.gif

The atmosphere sounded really good from the Stretty last night, you knew it was from there because you saw everybody clapping to the Calypso when the camera pointed that way, but the other stands were motionless icon_biggrin.gif

Last night it was ****ing loud, trust me.

Just as it was dying out it came back louder than ever & it was sung quite slowly last night (compared to normal). Best was when it finally died out & the Cantona chant from the East stand came across rippling along the nort hstand then hitting like a tidal wave of noise icon_biggrin.gif

Loudest atmosphere I had witnessed for a minute or so last night, even louder than Liverpool last season (cheers from actual goals not included).

Archived